Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153487518323

buy it now price is ridiculous, even for discontinued mags 

He’s got them up on the mong as well , £50 each or £125 for three ! 🤦‍♂️

8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

He’s got them up on the mong as well , £50 each or £125 for three ! 🤦‍♂️

£50 each is still insane but I bet someone will pay it as I say they are discontinued and people (before the EPM's) went mental over them. Personally I think the EPM's are better

@ImTriggerHappy meh, you approached the advertiser and attempted to highlight the fact that he may wish to reassess the value.

You can't do anymore than you have done and at the end of the day some people will inevitably react in a negative manner when faced with criticism or news that's something isn't worth as much they think it is.

End of the day it's a case of best if luck to them. I know I wouldn't pay that sort of money for it and I doubt there are many who would.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@ImTriggerHappy meh, you approached the advertiser and attempted to highlight the fact that he may wish to reassess the value.

You can't do anymore than you have done and at the end of the day some people will inevitably react in a negative manner when faced with criticism or news that's something isn't worth as much they think it is.

End of the day it's a case of best if luck to them. I know I wouldn't pay that sort of money for it and I doubt there are many who would.

What worries me is the poor bugger who falls for it and gives twice what it's worth.

43 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

You know when people say you should have PMed before putting them in here? 

This is why there is no point.

1508577719_Screenshot_20190515-112939_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3ea0a3ef2338dad911728fa60eb1070e.jpg

I nearly put this in here. Didn’t bother due to the fact the guy has listed the cost of everything and still overpriced it. Playing 15 years and still doesn’t know “upgrades” don’t really increase the value? Also that you do t get back anywhere near what you paid.  Lost cause there me thinks. 

Like you say its the poor sod who falls for it that I feel sorry for. 

49 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

What worries me is the poor bugger who falls for it and gives twice what it's worth.

There will always be people who overpay for things either because they want something fast (maybe no ukara) or have money to burn.

If a buyer doesn't want to get scammed its up to them to do the research and decide for themselves.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Then its up to the buyer to do better research...

Yes and no.

There are internet sites and even tv shows dedicated to catching chancers in all walks of life as ripping people off is frowned upon. But in the airsoft community it seems that people think it is ok to take advantage of people and it is their own fault when they fall foul of a con merchant. I can't do that personally as it shows a level of character that is abhorrent to me.

24 minutes ago, E21A said:

I nearly put this in here. Didn’t bother due to the fact the guy has listed the cost of everything and still overpriced it. Playing 15 years and still doesn’t know “upgrades” don’t really increase the value? Also that you do t get back anywhere near what you paid.  Lost cause there me thinks. 

Like you say its the poor sod who falls for it that I feel sorry for. 

The problem with this sort of thing is the breakdown is bollocks. £220 for the gun? There is barely anything left accept the receiver and a&k receivers are meh at best so really it is 50 quid. SHS and ZCI are often cheaper than the original parts so when you swap you add no value at all. If you fit Riot gears and a retro arms box and other expensive high quality bits you expect to get some return but very little on that build fits that list.

6 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

There are internet sites and even tv shows dedicated to catching chancers in all walks of life as ripping people off is frowned upon. But in the airsoft community it seems that people think it is ok to take advantage of people and it is their own fault when they fall foul of a con merchant. I can't do that personally as it shows a level of character that is abhorrent to me.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely don't condone it and these kinds of sellers are either naive or scummy.

Its just impossible to protect everyone from them so buyers have to learn to be sceptical for themselves.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

The problem with this sort of thing is the breakdown is bollocks. £220 for the gun? There is barely anything left accept the receiver and a&k receivers are meh at best so really it is 50 quid. SHS and ZCI are often cheaper than the original parts so when you swap you add no value at all. If you fit Riot gears and a retro arms box and other expensive high quality bits you expect to get some return but very little on that build fits that list.

lets not forget the paintjob, some, very rarely, could add a smidge to the value, this ones a bit marmite & IMHO actually devalues the whole setup. 👎

Hey ya chaps, slightly confused, is my gun linked to this because I'm asking too much? As for the record, I find nothing ever sells for what is listed, if I put what I new I'd take, ppl would haggle me on that even haha. That's my take on it anyways. 

As it happens I'm likely going to be breaking this gun this weekend anyways to get the inferno out, and will be putting its original bits back in etc, so won't be sold like this I shouldn't think unless someone is mad for it between now and then. 

6 minutes ago, Briareos said:

Hey ya chaps, slightly confused, is my gun linked to this because I'm asking too much? As for the record, I find nothing ever sells for what is listed, if I put what I new I'd take, ppl would haggle me on that even haha. That's my take on it anyways. 

As it happens I'm likely going to be breaking this gun this weekend anyways to get the inferno out, and will be putting its original bits back in etc, so won't be sold like this I shouldn't think unless someone is mad for it between now and then. 

No, yours is an example of how over priced the other one is. A far superior gun (yours) or inferior for more money, that’s the comparison being made 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, E21A said:

No, yours is an example of how over priced the other one is. A far superior gun (yours) or inferior for more money, that’s the comparison being made 

Can confirm that was exactly my intention, compare apples to apples and all that. i know which i'd buy, although not currently in the market for an sr25.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Plus, @Briareos, yours looks much nicer.

Love the stock on yours.

Never found the appeal of uninspired camo paintjobs, where it looks like the gun was used as the underlay for several other spray jobs.

Another plus point is the seller is not a cockwomble 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Briareos said:

Ah thanks chaps, much appreciated 👍🏻 making me blush 😛

Don’t get too excited , I’m sure we’ll find SOMETHING to rip you apart over ! 😱

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

👍

16 hours ago, Briareos said:

Only issue is its a LONG way to Kent Ohio, in the US to collect it :D  

We are like a bunch of sharks circling sometimes.....