Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters

I do love it when people get aggressive, and the whole reason behind it is they know they are going to lose a little money. 

@ggtimmy Your best bet would have been to ask for an appraisal before listing it. Least then you could have avoided this.

I have spotted some bargains on here and taken advantage i.e my TRMR E1 with a holster for £55! My friend got a G&G CM16 RAIDER 2.0 for £115 with a 7.4lipo, 2 point sling red dot sight and foregrip. 

It's the people who refuse to lose money on a sale and try to pretend its worth more BECAUSE they owned it and put some shitty tat on or in it. 

As  a new player this thread is very useful to know what is a fair price and isn't. Some new players might think the "upgrades" or accessories make it worth the price tag. 

• Supporters

And yet another example of completely unrealistic expectations , asking the kind of price you’d expect to pay for a good condition works well quality gun , for a spares box build that’s not working ! 

C120EA7C-3BA9-4196-B595-B540B1455802.jpeg

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

And yet another example of completely unrealistic expectations , asking the kind of price you’d expect to pay for a good condition works well quality gun , for a spares box build that’s not working ! 

I saw but couldn't be arsed. Even working it is not worth much more than a standard second hand combat machine. People really need to learn the difference between upgrading and just swapping parts.

On 18/04/2019 at 21:26, Druid799 said:

Yet another case of someone reading about upgrading, buying all the expensive shiny parts then putting it together like a Lego set and getting frustrated when it doesn't all perfectly first try. 

• Supporters

Fastex buckles are plain with no script so it’s NOT Blackhawk or some other equally quality brand so very very good chance it’s a Far East knock off , 30quid ? 😳

7 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Fastex buckles are plain with no script so it’s NOT Blackhawk or some other equally quality brand so very very good chance it’s a Far East knock off so 30quid ? 😳

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-MK23-Desert-Eagle-Tactical-Dropleg-Waist-Pistol-Holster-OD-Green-Airsoft/173875892456?hash=item287bcf90e8:g:Zo4AAOSw5P1ctzEI

Seller's logic must go like this:
£23.50 + £5 postage + £1.14 (ish) = £29.64
Then round up to sale price of £30.
Seems perfectly reasonable to me... 🤔

(Or you could just buy direct, get a new one and save £6.50...)

Stop me if I’m wrong, but these are £160 new with the silencer and correct barrel no? Seller wants £150 with bits missing? 

Also it states with one mag in the title but mentions 2 in the description? 

@E21A - You're correct, these can be had for around £160 brand new.

I've had a look at his advert and I've no idea where he's purchasing his stuff from but if you want to replace the missing parts with original Tokyo Marui parts (if you can find them in stock) you could easily be looking at costs in excess of £99.95 + P&P, this is based off the prices over at Eagle6. Admittedly the seller is gracious enough to offer the suppressor for an additional fee of £10.

I relation to the ambiguous magazine count, this is something I'd confirm in writing, but I believe that the seller is considering the HK45 as including the original magazine with an additional magazine, hence the " + 1 mag".

To me the value drops once you start to strip away core features a product came with.

1 hour ago, E21A said:

Stop me if I’m wrong, but these are £160 new with the silencer and correct barrel no? Seller wants £150 with bits missing? 

One of the main USPs (pun intended) of the HK45 tactical is the threaded outer barrel.
And he's got rid of it. and you can't have the silencer.
I just bought a brand new HK45 from skirmshop (with an 8% off code), delivered for £151.94, with a warranty.
If it comes with an extra mag, then there's an extra £30 I guess - but even so, it's basically - buy at full retail and Ill take away your threaded barrel and silencer and give you a mag.
And just because I love it.... here's my new HK45:

IMG_20190424_111319024.jpg

4 hours ago, E21A said:

Ok. Base gun retailed for 170 at wolf armouries.

I slashed it to 100. That seems fair, yes? That's more than 40% gone.

2x Gas routers are £15. NEO-R valves are around £18 each. X2 = £36

Mag is around £30. 

Autobot is like £7. But, I dismissed that.

15+ 36+30 = 81

What's that golden rule again? 2/3? I decided to use 0.6.

81x 0.6 = 48.6

100+48.6 = £148.6

However, bumped up to 150 for roundness. £1.40 for shipping ain't bad right?

Please, do your research first and read the description properly. Upgrades don't go for free. But, I suppose I could amend it further since it doesn't include the silencer or the threaded barrel.

@AK47frizzle apologies but I believe you're missing the point which @E21A is making.

While you may have added to the pistol with a variety of, arguably minor, upgrades you've taken away the key features of the HK45 Tactical. By taking away the threaded barrel and suppressor you're essentially peddling a standard HK45 and while you may have paid £170 from Wolf, the reality is that the average retail price is less than this for the HK45 Tac (let alone the normal HK45).

As an additional note to the above the average magazine price tends to be around £25.00.

The parts which you have removed would cost a new buyer approximately £100 to replace, assuming they wanted to return it to being a tactical.

I'd recommend adjusting your price to consider the pistol as a standard TM HK45 which typically retails for approximately £140.

I understand that it's frustrating having an advert challenged and criticised but this in no means a personal attack against yourself.

10 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@AK47frizzle apologies but I believe you're missing the point which @E21A is making.

While you may have added to the pistol with a variety of, arguably minor, upgrades you've taken away the key features of the HK45 Tactical. By taking away the threaded barrel and suppressor you're essentially peddling a standard HK45 and while you may have paid £170 from Wolf, the reality is that the average retail price is less than this for the HK45 Tac (let alone the normal HK45).

As an additional note to the above the average magazine price tends to be around £25.00.

The parts which you have removed would cost a new buyer approximately £100 to replace, assuming they wanted to return it to being a tactical.

I'd recommend adjusting your price to consider the pistol as a standard TM HK45 which typically retails for approximately £140.

I understand that it's frustrating having an advert challenged and criticised but this in no means a personal attack against yourself.

Yes, that is what I did and have already amended the price. 

Let's do 140 x 0.6 = £84

I still believe my previous 48.6 worth of upgrades is justified.

84+48.6 = 132.6

Rounded to £135 is now fair. 

But why tf does the threaded barrel and silencer go for around 100? That's actually stupid.

1 hour ago, AK47frizzle said:

Yes, that is what I did and have already amended the price. 

Let's do 140 x 0.6 = £84

I still believe my previous 48.6 worth of upgrades is justified.

84+48.6 = 132.6

Rounded to £135 is now fair. 

But why tf does the threaded barrel and silencer go for around 100? That's actually stupid.

Hard to come by as individual parts I would assume, that and people dont generally discard them so not need for suppliers to get them in as one off's

@AK47frizzle the price for the outer barrel, thread protector and suppressor isn't as outlandish as you may think.

Good quality outer barrels for pistols can easily exceed £25 (rifles can easily cost at least twice this) and a high quality suppressor (TM or better) can cost a significant wad of cash.

Clumpy also highlighted a very valid point in relation to the likelihood of these parts being replaced.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, kasaran said:

looks like the version wolf is selling has blowback, the version on taiwangun is NBB

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

looks like the version wolf is selling has blowback, the version on taiwangun is NBB

oddly enough, just spotted that on fire-support (browsing for revolvers) i retract my post

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, kasaran said:

oddly enough, just spotted that on fire-support (browsing for revolvers) i retract my post

Np, its an easy mistake to make, nearly missed it myself.

Having met one of the nbb ones in the flesh its £44 for a reason lol.