Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
On 09/04/2019 at 07:55, E21A said:

🤣🤣🤣

Geartech better watch him , self serious bit of competition there ! 😳

On 29/03/2019 at 15:13, Slamz said:

£350 for something you can buy for £290 brand new 

That 100% is NOT an LCT.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Slamz said:

someone's brought it up in the comments and the op has locked it to commenting lol

Given that the problem is deceptive adverts rather than disruptive comments, I'm not seeing why advertisers should be able to do that.

35 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Yea I think it's a Cyma, someone's brought it up in the comments and the op has locked it to commenting lol

Yeh think its a CYMA too - hadn't seen that someone had already mentioned it.  The wood gives it away straight away, as does the mag and pistol grip. Oh and the hop unit too - LCT stock hops are plastic not metal.

• Head Moderator
37 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Yea I think it's a Cyma, someone's brought it up in the comments and the op has locked it to commenting lol

30 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Given that the problem is deceptive adverts rather than disruptive comments, I'm not seeing why advertisers should be able to do that.

Think the advert may auto lock (software?)   However, I have unlocked it again, and thanks to your comments added a message in the advert that it is not LCT

http://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/spring-powered_2/fully-upgraded-well-mb10_i12976

Considering I got mine for 56 quid brand new with a real wood stock, and this one doesnt shoot under the 500FPS limit for almost 4 times the money... Yeah. 

9 hours ago, Asomodai said:

http://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/spring-powered_2/fully-upgraded-well-mb10_i12976

Considering I got mine for 56 quid brand new with a real wood stock, and this one doesnt shoot under the 500FPS limit for almost 4 times the money... Yeah. 

Selling “upgraded gun” - doesn’t mention any upgrades other than a hot spring 

What’s with the tape on the stock as well?? 😂

I am not sure our remit extends to other 3rd party adverts - we are mainly concerned with keeping our own house in order.  Agreed, that particular advert is laughable though.

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I am not sure our remit extends to other 3rd party adverts - we are mainly concerned with keeping our own house in order. 

This is the OP of this topic, it clearly lays out the concept:

On 30/05/2015 at 18:00, Mack said:

There was a thread like this on another forum (Now closed) were we would scour the airsoft forums of the UK looking for dreamers asking outrageous prices for secondhand goods. Id rather this didnt turn into a sh*t slinging thread just a general laugh at how crazy some peoples prices are. I know myself and monty are usually on Z1 disliking the crazy prices already so if youve found some we have missed post away.

13 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Im sure the idea was floated about NOT posting adverts from here at some point? 🤔

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, E21A said:

Im sure the idea was floated about NOT posting adverts from here at some point? 🤔

I think that was regarding members' who were just posting any forum advert they thought was a few pounds more expensive than they would pay, and especially posting without actually reading the advert properly. 

Have a look back in May 2018, Proffrink summed it up

On 09/05/2018 at 10:11, proffrink said:

I think it's getting to that point where we just name this thread 'Mack's marginally overpriced AFUK classifieds of the day'.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

members' who were just posting any forum advert they thought was a few pounds more expensive than they would pay, and especially posting without actually reading the advert properly.

Which is still happening all the time in here.

46 minutes ago, proffrink said:

I don't like that you're complaining about our right to complain about the people who're complaining, Rogerborg.

Added a note to the top of the thread, @Jedi_Master

Did you just ASSUME that Roger was complaining?! This is 2019, Proffrink!!!

😉

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Seven said:

Did you just ASSUME that Roger was complaining?! This is 2019, Proffrink!!!

😉

did you really have the continue the meme about people complaining about people complaining? where does it end?

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

did you really have the continue the meme about people complaining about people complaining? where does it end?

FAF83A78-9EBF-4551-82B0-B4334526B267.jpeg

On 12/04/2019 at 12:54, Jedi_Master said:

Stand corrected.  Flame away :) 

• Supporters

so do I buy it new from any number of well known retailers for £35, or "new" from a forum member who decided he didn't like it after buying it, for me it sparks up the age old argument of what's considered genuinely "new", I know my stance on it, especially when I've previously bought an immaculate s/h one for a tenner.

@Tackle - In my book (as nasty as it may sound) as soon as it leaves the retailer you can immediately knock 20% off the value (the VAT).

Another factor as well, and it doesn't necessarily apply to this particular case, is that the private seller doesn't have the same/backing resources that a genuine retailer has. We've all seen it where people stick guns up for retail (or more in some cases) but what they don't seem to realise is that the big advantage of buying new from a retailer is the warranty (and if applicable, returns policy).

When it comes to flash hiders there are plenty of examples on eBay for a fraction of the price which this seller is asking for... will they have the correct markings? Not necessarily but it's a cheaper option than a second flash hider and who's to say that the seller didn't mangle the threads? Just for that hint of cynicism.