Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

26 minutes ago, Super64 said:

It’s not a deceiving advert and there is no intent to deceive. 

The advert clearly states £40 each item, posted. A price has to be added to the post and it’s either put £40 or £120. Anyone who goes into that advert thinking they’re going to pick those 4 items up for £40 total, clearly has no idea of the value of the individual items. A quick scroll through the threads will show that items are regularly clumped together in one post with a price for one of the items on the main page. I’ve use this method often when selling multiple items and never had it questioned. It just shows the importance of reading an advert before looking to buy.

Ah yes, must of missed those bulk sales listed at £500+ and then broken down in the descriptions.

Did I say you were intentionally trying to deceive no, I said the title of the thread was deceiving.

😘

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

This caught my eye. I thought "wow! £40 for all these is a decent price!". Then I read the description..

I done the same thing haha 😂

Wishful thinking ay

• Supporters

@Super64 Regardless you're not shifting those at £40 a pop when you can buy them new for half that, which is why I posted it here. Adjust the price is my suggestion. :)

• Supporters

@Super64, call my cynical if you like, but why not repost them in a few weeks when its half term, more likely to find a punter who'll pay your prices.

And no, you not being able to name the brands doesn't necessarily mean they're shite, but it does tell me that they're unlikely to be top quality 😉.

I get the point that’s being made, and the prices on everything I’ve sold in the past and will sell in future are always a starting point and I’m not to proud to drop my prices if items don’t sell. Yeah, maybe £40 is more than some people are willing to pay for these and if they don’t sell I’ll change the price. But I’ve had some enquires about them already, so I’ll wait to see what happens. Offers are always considered and replied to on any of my sales. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Super64 said:

I get the point that’s being made, and the prices on everything I’ve sold in the past and will sell in future are always a starting point and I’m not to proud to drop my prices if items don’t sell. Yeah, maybe £40 is more than some people are willing to pay for these and if they don’t sell I’ll change the price. But I’ve had some enquires about them already, so I’ll wait to see what happens. Offers are always considered and replied to on any of my sales. 

Honestly buddy, your best bet would be eBay, people are more likely to purchase on there for the prices you have advertised for.

• Supporters

Why do sellers find it so difficult to rotate there sales pictures to the correct plain ? Bugs the hell out of me ! Plus call me cynical 😉 but when ever I see a bit of Rail on a scope , it does NOT fill me with confidence in its quality.🤔

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Plus call me cynical 😉 but when ever I see a bit of Rail on a scope , it does NOT fill me with confidence in its quality.🤔

I dunno. I have a bushnell short dot that's covered in rails and its pretty damn good, clear glass and excellent eye box.

However granted its not normally a good sign :P

20 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Why do sellers find it so difficult to rotate there sales pictures to the correct plain ? Bugs the hell out of me ! Plus call me cynical 😉 but when ever I see a bit of Rail on a scope , it does NOT fill me with confidence in its quality.🤔

Where else are you going to put your lasers and flashlights and scope cams and selfie cams for all that SICCCCCCCC footage of you not taking your hits and screaming at people for cheating? :P

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I dunno. I have a bushnell short dot that's covered in rails and its pretty damn good, clear glass and excellent eye box.

Aaahh fairy muff ! Had never come across a ‘known’ brand with it on ! 😁👍

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Aaahh fairy muff ! Had never come across a ‘known’ brand with it on ! 😁👍

it's ironic because the adjustment dials block you from actually putting any accessories on it, so probably doesnt cound :P

7 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Used GR25 for £420

or brand new for £310

Im not sure a handful of midcaps and unbranded scope really boost that value :P 

TBF, it is out of stock on your link - and may be elsewhere too.

I know some people who would pay a bit more for an out of stock gun.

I really regret not grabbing an A&K SR25K when Taiwan gun were practically giving them away for £150 last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Oops ! Bit over priced .

8369738E-348C-4BE8-9FFA-E469994A79B3.jpeg

Yeah I can see that but this is just from what's on the niton website so I just went from what they're selling them new as which is amazingly £39.95, I assume its because of all the "tactical" features, if someone wanted this specific shirt then its at least half price depending on if someone makes an offer as well

• Supporters
1 hour ago, The Keeper of Secrets said:

You can go to Vegas and fire the real thing for about 30 dollars per round. I did it last summer during a road trip on the west coast. I don’t get why that’s not very believable.

Oh, that's believable.

It's the risible comparison with a pot metal (excuse me, "stamped steel") toy gun that's making us chuckle.

Cheer up, you've brought some joy to our day.

• Supporters

I’ve also held a real one and I just can’t get my head around the idea that an Airsoft one can replicate the feel and weight of a real one , hence my scepticism on the suggestion but if you have managed to do it then I do congratulate you for it .

Edit , as the Borg said you’ve put a smile on your forum friends faces , take it as a win ! 👍

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Oops ! Bit over priced .

What you've quoted is literally a completely different shirt to the linked ad, and I wear those 'navy' dark blue issue shirts every day in work.  What the one in the ad on here is actually worth I've no clue, but those surplus dark blue shirts are fairly clearly not the same item when you look at the features.

36 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's the risible comparison with a pot metal (excuse me, "stamped steel") toy gun that's making us chuckle.

Do you know what the HurricanE kit is made of?  I had a quick go at researching it and there's a thread in the Arnies news section from 2004 so all the pages I could find are long dead, no idea if it's steel or cast airsoft-cheapy-sort of aluminium alloy.