Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

You can get used 416’s and scar H packages for sub £500 used and they start off at £500-600 new, not sub £400

for me, that AK is £375 max

7 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

hmm I'm on the fence with this one. While I think £100 extra is a bit much I think that it wouldn't be far off that with everything as a bundle

Agreed its borderline, but used always equates to at least 2/3s value to me...so around £375 would be bang on.  Plus I am always sceptical of 'upgrades'

Seems to be all AKs at it today

£450 for a bog standard E&L?  Jog on.

11 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Agreed its borderline, but used always equates to at least 2/3s value to me...so around £375 would be bang on.  Plus I am always sceptical of 'upgrades'

Isn’t a real steel suppressor for an AK a controlled item?

18 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Isn’t a real steel suppressor for an AK a controlled item?

3 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

I'm fairly sure you need a FAC to buy (and presumably own) silencers/suppressors in the UK.  Legally they count as a firearm same was as pressure bearing parts do IIRC.

Correct. 

31 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Yeah on second look over the only upgrades are a prommy hop rubber and deans mod 🤨

• Supporters
11 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

I'm fairly sure you need a FAC to buy (and presumably own) silencers/suppressors in the UK. 

Yes.  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/57

"In this Act, the expression “firearm” means [...] an accessory to a lethal barrelled weapon or a prohibited weapon where the accessory is designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by firing the weapon"

Important bits highlighted.  Airsoft suppressors are not firearm parts, and neither are they designed to diminish the noise or flash of a firearm, even if they happen to fit on a firearm.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Important bits highlighted.  Airsoft suppressors are not firearm parts, and neither are they designed to diminish the noise or flash of a firearm, even if they happen to fit on a firearm.

the quality of most airsoft suppressors i wouldn't be surprised if they blew apart on the first shot if you put them on a proper rifle.

Maybe he just meant its made out of steel rather than our common understanding of the phrase 'real steel'

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Tackle said:

£159 new with a warranty, 😏

To be fair, it's a sensible package, and a bit (not much) cheaper than buying it all new.  Maybe the trigger contacts aren't too burnt out from running it on 11.1V...

Did I just defend a Nuprol?  I need to go and shower...

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

To be fair, it's a sensible package, and a bit (not much) cheaper than buying it all new.  Maybe the trigger contacts aren't too burnt out from running it on 11.1V...

Did I just defend a Nuprol?  I need to go and shower...

seller contacted me via pm, very polite & realised he'd posted in a hurry, so has altered price, think it was up for at least £60 more ?

• Supporters

£3 MORE THAN  firesupport want ? Sounds like a steal too me ! 😳

11 hours ago, E21A said:

Am I missing something here??? 

Obviously it's a very expensive case?  I honestly have no idea 😂

• Supporters

The magazines come to about £235 retail, although it's the usual fantasy of recouping most of what you've spent for used gear in unknown condition.

I do wish that folk wouldn't try to sell things as big bundles, as it'll sharply reduce the size of their potential market.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

The magazines come to about £235 retail, although it's the usual fantasy of recouping most of what you've spent for used gear in unknown condition.

I do wish that folk wouldn't try to sell things as big bundles, as it'll sharply reduce the size of their potential market.

Im guilty of the same, it’s just lazyness. Generally I’ll advertise stuff as a bundle for a week, then realise (again) nobody wants a bundle, and split it lol

• Root Admin

Parts of that WOC are reasonably rare though. I don't think you'd ever find a buyer willing to pay that much (or even 20-30% off that asking), but it could be argued that it's worth that much on paper. The mags especially are impossible to find.

The problem is that the WOC/WA just doesn't perform like a gun that costs that much. It's a very old design and they look great, but the bolt is very heavy, which is a problem in UK weather for 6 months of the year.