Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Just now, Duff said:

Yeah PayPal fees struck me as piss take a bit.

I sold mine recently for £1200 which also had a genuine peli case and a load of other accessories but I wanted to shift it quick and it went, probably could have got more in hindsight but that's not an unreasonable amount to be asking for the platform although the market for them has gone down somewhat over the past year or so (More so since next gen recoil platforms have been about)

That's an insane amount of money to spend on a RIF. You could kit out a newbie group of 5 from head to toe including entry level RIFs for that. Sorta money. 

Very intrigued to shoot something valued that high to see if it's a dream to shoot or a nightmare on your bank balance.

1 minute ago, Duff said:

That's an insane amount of money to spend on a RIF. You could kit out a newbie group of 5 from head to toe including entry level RIFs for that. Sorta money. 

Very intrigued to shoot something valued that high to see if it's a dream to shoot or a nightmare on your bank balance.

You say that but at the time I had the money to spend on that, being my only hobby its more of an investment in my eyes. Goes back to the whole geardo argument - why spend £200 on a pair of trousers... because I can and want too. The new system on the market the GBLS is £1500 starting with one mag and I know of maybe 5 or so people I play with that bought them as soon as they landed the gen 2 batch.

Personally speaking my systema was the best gun I've ever shot, when I say it shot laser straight that isn't your usual airsoft exaggeration (ask any systema owner)

9 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Personally speaking my systema was the best gun I've ever shot, when I say it shot laser straight that isn't your usual airsoft exaggeration (ask any systema owner)

Was that because it was a Systema or because you heavily upgraded the internals?

Cheers

G

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

You say that but at the time I had the money to spend on that, being my only hobby its more of an investment in my eyes. Goes back to the whole geardo argument - why spend £200 on a pair of trousers... because I can and want too.

Me personally I was never that impressed with them , totally accept they feel like a real one and the way you could use RS parts but equally unimpressed by how much you frequently had to do to them to get it really tip top . Do I think there worth the money ? No I don’t BUT you hit the nail on the head , your money your choice .

edit .

my equivalent is loadout’s , I love putting new ones together I really enjoy sourcing everything I need for it to be as accurate (but not full on thread counter accurate!) as I can get it , but then I’ll play one or two games in it and move on too the next one ! 🤦‍♂️ So subsequently I’ve a cupboard full of kit I’ll probably now only wear once in a blue moon if I’m lucky ! 👍

I bought my ptw with a rebate "free money" i had it made to my ideal spec and it set me back around 2k.

I've had it for 6 years and it's the only gat ive had thats not needed any money spending on it. You could argue thats because i spent it all initially but it's really my most faithful performer. 

The trigger response on them was streets ahead of anything else on the market at the time which was my motivation. Plus they also seem to hold their value reasonably well. 

I've owned the cheaper TW platforms since and sold them all on as they just don't cut it like a Systema.

Would i buy another one? Probably not, I've a hankering for a recoil given the hysteria anout their performance. (I'd still buy a systema TW5 tomorrow as thats one of a few i regret selling).

As you all say, it's horses for courses, but i would argue mine was worth it. 

27 minutes ago, mcwimbo said:

Would i buy another one? Probably not, I've a hankering for a recoil given the hysteria anout their performance. (I'd still buy a systema TW5 tomorrow as thats one of a few i regret selling).

Funily enough

1 hour ago, MisterG said:

Was that because it was a Systema or because you heavily upgraded the internals?

Cheers

G

A0 because it systema

B) because the hop was modded by Tac

12 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Funily enough

That's a bloody good price considering I've seen them going for £1200 recently

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Me personally I was never that impressed with them , totally accept they feel like a real one and the way you could use RS parts but equally unimpressed by how much you frequently had to do to them to get it really tip top . Do I think there worth the money ? No I don’t BUT you hit the nail on the head , your money your choice .

edit .

my equivalent is loadout’s , I love putting new ones together I really enjoy sourcing everything I need for it to be as accurate (but not full on thread counter accurate!) as I can get it , but then I’ll play one or two games in it and move on too the next one ! 🤦‍♂️ So subsequently I’ve a cupboard full of kit I’ll probably now only wear once in a blue moon if I’m lucky ! 👍

Some have said they haven't had to touch theirs for years others have sent off for either repair or service maybe once or twice a year (depending on issue) agreed mate its always going to personal circumstances and what you like/want. Not for everyone but can say the same about anything these days.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Duff said:

Very intrigued to shoot something valued that high to see if it's a dream to shoot

Like with so many airsoft toys, it's apparently been "only fielded once".  Buying/building one to keep, I can get.  Heck, put it in your will that you want to be buried with it (me, that's my Paul Binns sword). Buying/building one to use once, and then get regrets over, eh, not so much.

Not listing the secret extra amount of PayPal fees that you'll want added on is disgusting.  I mean, I feel viscerally repulsed that anyone could be so fracking lazy as to not bother to work out the number that they're going to have to work out anyway once they have an interested buyer.  Not to be hyperbolic, but it's literally worse than Hitler.

• Supporters

Just to put my spin on it, my "go to" is my tm m4s, bought from another player probably 15 years ago, he'd had a buying frenzy (as many of us do 😉), so had only used it once in the month he owned it (I saw the receipt), & I gave him £140 I think, saving £100 on something that was essentially new.

In the last 15 years its been used on hundreds of games, both by me & numerous friends, its never been serviced, never even been opened up, completely stock as the day it was "born", shoots straight & accurate as any gun I've used.

AND NEVER EVER LET ME OR MY MATES DOWN.

(prob jinxed it now😒)

Irrespective of how much dosh is in my pocket, would I spend upwards of 1k on something that flings bb's slightly faster than my tm, & feels a little bit more realistic?

FUCK NO 😁

Just sayin is all 😜

sometimes sellers put outrageous prices when they are out of stock and don't want to cancel the listing.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MisterG said:

sometimes sellers put outrageous prices when they are out of stock and don't want to cancel the listing.

Cheers

G

I think it was a typo, looking at his other auctions, they're all low start prices, still quite funny though😉

• Supporters

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multicam-Airsoft-Bullet-Proof-Vest-Not-Armoured-Plates-x4-M4-magazines/132310370472?hash=item1ece5008a8:g:VLQAAOSwz2tZpJ7v

A cheap £20 PC with a few Valken M4 mags. Yours for only £99.95! Act fast because somehow there are 12 watchers!

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Gepard said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multicam-Airsoft-Bullet-Proof-Vest-Not-Armoured-Plates-x4-M4-magazines/132310370472?hash=item1ece5008a8:g:VLQAAOSwz2tZpJ7v

A cheap £20 PC with a few Valken M4 mags. Yours for only £99.95! Act fast because somehow there are 12 watchers!

He mentions an airsoft m4 in the ad, maybe that's "code" for its included ?, its the only reason I can see for asking that much for his shifty vest lol.

BUT I take your vest & raise you £250 for a feckin' torch 😞

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-GERBER-HFR-M-Tactical-Recon-Helmet-Torch-SAS-SBS-SRR-UKSF-NSN-MOLLE-Covert/253890996972?hash=item3b1d152aec:g:WH8AAOSw01JblQno

Which apparently was £430 when they were sold initially, can't think why its discontinued, they must have sold loads.

NOT

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Tackle said:

He mentions an airsoft m4 in the ad, maybe that's "code" for its included ?, its the only reason I can see for asking that much for his shifty vest lol.

BUT I take your vest & raise you £250 for a feckin' torch 😞

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-GERBER-HFR-M-Tactical-Recon-Helmet-Torch-SAS-SBS-SRR-UKSF-NSN-MOLLE-Covert/253890996972?hash=item3b1d152aec:g:WH8AAOSw01JblQno

Which apparently was £430 when they were sold initially, can't think why its discontinued, they must have sold loads.

NOT

Seems like a reasonable price for a piece of equipment that has never been available for civilian purchase.  Especially given its function, it does a LOT more than just shine white light out of the front. 

7 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

Seems like a reasonable price for a piece of equipment that has never been available for civilian purchase.  Especially given its function, it does a LOT more than just shine white light out of the front. 

It’s quite amusing location is listed as Hereford 😉

• Mostly Retired Moderators
11 hours ago, Gepard said:

Are those... Are they miniature ear defenders on the end of his silencer?!

btrtzoi.jpg