Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Like new? I can tell from the pictures that the material has extensive bobbling, the label condition clearly shows it's been washed at least twice. As new? This is a clear definition of "second hand" and also a dreamer.

53 minutes ago, Duff said:

Like new? I can tell from the pictures that the material has extensive bobbling, the label condition clearly shows it's been washed at least twice. As new? This is a clear definition of "second hand" and also a dreamer.

£220 brand new with tags... I'd drop at least another £20 off his asking price

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Duff said:

Arcteryx is one of those brands that the gearqueers all jizz over, personally I dont get it, obviously the seller thinks the name alone will be enough to shift it.

I think this is another candidate for my favourite dreamer meme😉

thO8BTLA3Y.jpg

• Supporters

Me thinks I may have found another “try my luck and see what happens?” Sales post 

You’ve got a high powered torch (always useful) and a ‘seriously’ powered laser (bit worrying as it’s a green) but £45 you’d think not too bad a price for them both ?  And here’s the BUT if you look at the pic in the ad the logo’s shape (blurry but you can see the shape) then look at the logo on my torch , think it’s safe to say there the same ? My torch cost £8.99 from fleabay with the mount as well ! So £36 for the laser ? Make up your own minds I think 🤔 

9571765C-460F-46BA-B530-9148F8C31CCF.jpeg

• Supporters

And we have another winner ! Yours for only £220 second hand ! OR you could get it all your self brand new for well under £200! Let me think ? 🤔

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Going to be listing some things for sale later and I'm terrified of this thread!

Going to undervalue everything to be safe! :D

You can ask what ever you want , NO ONE MESSES WITH THE MOD SQUAD ! 😱

😂😂😂

General rule for airguns is two thirds of original price if mint.

Less if signs of use.

I hhave always stuck by this and had bno problems selling thi gs over the years.

Of course you lose a lot of money doing this but why should others be expected to pay for your mistakes. Buying second hand always involves a risk and this should be factored in where pricing is concerned.

The important thing is to buy wisely and keep the stuff you buy.

• One day I might get the hang of it.😁

• Supporters

And another contender, joined an hour ago & first post is to flog kit for more than the new price... love it 😉.

Maybe mods should think about a minimum post count before being able to sell ?, might discourage the fly by night chancers who don't actually contribute in any way.

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

And another contender, joined an hour ago & first post is to flog kit for more than the new price... love it 😉.

Maybe mods should think about a minimum post count before being able to sell ?, might discourage the fly by night chancers who don't actually contribute in any way.

I totally agree with this.
I understand that having a well used classified section benefits the forum as a whole.
However, having a reputation as a decent place to buy stuff, from regular members, with some form of track record would be better in the long run.
I'm a member of forums for other hobbies and generally the for sales section is behind a "wall". 
And to get past it, you have to have been a member for x long, with a post count of x many.
It means that to get to the sales, you have to be engaged with the forum.
And the advantage of that is that people end up staying well beyond their need to sell y or buy z.....
I'm not suggesting that we put the classifieds behind a wall - but making peeps work a little for the privilege of being allowed to post sales is definitely worth thinking about imho.

1 minute ago, sonofsammo said:

I totally agree with this.
I understand that having a well used classified section benefits the forum as a whole.
However, having a reputation as a decent place to buy stuff, from regular members, with some form of track record would be better in the long run.
I'm a member of forums for other hobbies and generally the for sales section is behind a "wall". 
And to get past it, you have to have been a member for x long, with a post count of x many.
It means that to get to the sales, you have to be engaged with the forum.
And the advantage of that is that people end up staying well beyond their need to sell y or buy z.....
I'm not suggesting that we put the classifieds behind a wall - but making peeps work a little for the privilege of being allowed to post sales is definitely worth thinking about imho.

Problem ive noticed with this however is forums ending up being filled with complete pointless posts that people make just to get post count up to be able to use sales sections as fast as possible

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Problem ive noticed with this however is forums ending up being filled with complete pointless posts that people make just to get post count up to be able to use sales sections as fast as possible

That's alright, banhammer the spammers, I'm sure they'll be easy to spot.

1 hour ago, Cleaners inc said:

Yup.

That's why there's the "engagement" element as well.

Passing the time/post barrier means they can ask to be given access. Doesn't mean they get it....

• Supporters
23 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

General rule for airguns is two thirds of original price if mint.

I'd say two-thirds of the cheapest current retail price, including from TaiwanGun / GunFire.

I mention this because I can only assume that some of these comedy ads are from people who didn't bother to shop around, and who don't think anybody else will either.

It's funny, but also a little sad that folk are apparently paying way over the odds for cheap guns.  Rip Off Britain writ large.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd say two-thirds of the cheapest current retail price, including from TaiwanGun / GunFire.

I mention this because I can only assume that some of these comedy ads are from people who didn't bother to shop around, and who don't think anybody else will either.

It's funny, but also a little sad that folk are apparently paying way over the odds for cheap guns.  Rip Off Britain writ large.

Nail and head springs to mind ? 

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Fair point.

• Supporters

Can get it cheaper from a retailer, & have a warranty !.

Guys got some other sales threads, haven't checked but bet predictably high too.

• Supporters

This has to be my all time favorite so far ! 😂

OR you can buy them from amazon for £9 all in ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Hope this isn't restricted to just this site.

Can't you get this mk23 with the mods for much less than this new?

Screenshot_2018-08-06-21-44-15-986_com.android.browser.png

Most definitely can get it cheaper mate ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters

Scuffed 5.1 Hi-Capa with no mags.  If it could shoot, it would shoot at 320fps though. A steal at just £200.

Hurry, hurry, he's only been trying to flog it since March, it could go at any second.

(Or, buy one brand new for £128)