Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

jedi is in there warning about his use of stock imagery, so may not be there long

• Supporters

image.jpg

Yeah I know it's almost old news, but what a pisstaker ;) 

• Supporters

It's not so much a problem with stock imagery, it's that he's asking for money now in return for something that he doesn't have and which may not even exist.

That's the kind of shenanigans that gets marketplaces a bad name, and if it were up to me, I'd delete the ad, ban him, block his IP, and shag his sister for good measure.  Then send him pictures.

54 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's not so much a problem with stock imagery, it's that he's asking for money now in return for something that he doesn't have and which may not even exist.

That's the kind of shenanigans that gets marketplaces a bad name, and if it were up to me, I'd delete the ad

Totally agree with this. 
Advertising stuff you haven't even got is a big no no in my book.
And as @Rogerborg says, is the sort of stuff that could get the new classifieds section a bad name.
I think it reasonable to delete the ad and then tell him he can re-advertise when he actually has the RIF and can post actual pics of it..... If he's above board, I can't see him having a problem with that at all.

2 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

https://jdairsoft.net/asg-dsa-sa-58-osw

??????¿??¿¿¿¿????¿¿¿¿?

I swear the brains of some of these people...

I noticed the stock photo image used for the AREs, was going to post about it but my phone died.

Now this is something I will be dreaming of. I feckin love the AKM and this looks like a proper good deal, I just cannot justify.... hnngg....

• Root Admin
4 minutes ago, Duff said:

I noticed the stock photo image used for the AREs, was going to post about it but my phone died.

Now this is something I will be dreaming of. I feckin love the AKM and this looks like a proper good deal, I just cannot justify.... hnngg....

Someone already reported the use of stock/retail images as it's against the rules to not use your own.

2 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Someone already reported the use of stock/retail images as it's against the rules to not use your own.

Yeah I figured someone would, lot of backseat moderators on here. 🤗

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Duff said:

Yeah I figured someone would, lot of backseat moderators on here. 🤗

Which, IMHO, is a good thing, helps stop the scammers & dreamers slipping through the net, don't want to end up like zin was a few years ago, members getting turned over left right & centre.

Just now, E21A said:

Comes with 1 for £210 and another 4 new is £140! 

You literally just posted that it was worth £400 new!? Or did you mean including mags?

6 minutes ago, Duff said:

You literally just posted that it was worth £400 new!? Or did you mean including mags?

Said I’d it’s about £400 worth of stuff, including mags and the couple of upgrades 

5 minutes ago, E21A said:

Said I’d it’s about £400 worth of stuff, including mags and the couple of upgrades 

So £330 seems reasonable then.....?

Sorry I am not sure what you're getting at but seems alright to me.

14 minutes ago, Duff said:

So £330 seems reasonable then.....?

Sorry I am not sure what you're getting at but seems alright to me.

That it seems expensive considering you can get all the stuff new for about £70 more

I bought one with 4 mags for 200 so I’d say a little expensive. I got a good deal though. I’d say £275.

easiest way of judging if it’s too expensive is by looking how long it’s been for sale.. if it’s not gone in a month then it’s obviously too expensive 

Got a goodun I think....

£40 more than retail Robert? I man sure it has 2 extra leak free mags but the tracer unit comes with as standard at RPP £179.99 with the mags being just over £25 a pop, you're basically saving a tenner by not buying brand spanking new.

Sorrry love you really @Robert James 🤗

On 5/7/2018 at 6:54 PM, E21A said:

That it seems expensive considering you can get all the stuff new for about £70 more

Well stuff sells for 65% of RRP generally so yeah it's priced reasonably. Unlike this mook!! 😀

1 minute ago, proffrink said:

I think it's getting to that point where we just name this thread 'Mack's marginally overpriced AFUK classifieds of the day'.

What's in a name?

You opened it again, can always close it.

10 minutes ago, Duff said:

Got a goodun I think....

£40 more than retail Robert? I man sure it has 2 extra leak free mags but the tracer unit comes with as standard at RPP £179.99 with the mags being just over £25 a pop, you're basically saving a tenner by not buying brand spanking new.

Sorrry love you really @Robert James 🤗

Well stuff sells for 65% of RRP generally so yeah it's priced reasonably. Unlike this mook!! 😀

The tracer doesnt come with the pistol. The pistol comes with a silencer, the tracer is an ace tech which retails at £70. The adapter for it is £15 new, so, all together it comes to give or take £333 brand new. This has only been used about 3 times. I don’t think £220 is a bad price.