Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Actually, his price is pretty fair. The stuff that he's including cost him well over £350. That's not including the internal upgrades.

Except that his sales are usually made when there is something catastrophically wrong with the gun being sold. He tried to sell an M4 on one of my groups a few years back, that was doing 330FPS with an M170 installed. So, no, I would hazard that the price isn't fair.

• Supporters

Except that his sales are usually made when there is something catastrophically wrong with the gun being sold. He tried to sell an M4 on one of my groups a few years back, that was doing 330FPS with an M170 installed. So, no, I would hazard that the price isn't fair.

Yeah I was going to say that an LMG is pretty much the last gun type I would want messing about with by someone that doesn't know what they are doing. Aside from that you are paying for someone's taste in externals, i'm spending a lot on my latest project but don't consider it as adding value for resale.

• Supporters

...His feedback says otherwise, lol. Regardless, this thread is about the pricing, and his asking price of £400 is fair for what I calculated.

Bit unfair to say that he mainly sells faulty guns after trying to sell a damaged M4 years ago.

...His feedback says otherwise, lol. Regardless, this thread is about the pricing, and his asking price of £400 is fair for what I calculated.

Bit unfair to say that he mainly sells faulty guns after trying to sell a damaged M4 years ago.

9 of his feedback is from when he was the buyer. And that was just one example of many, sorry but that guy is dodgy.

Actually, his price is pretty fair. The stuff that he's including cost him well over £350. That's not including the internal upgrades.

Not sure how you've got £350 in extra's? I added it all up on got £175, including internal upgrades

• Supporters

Not sure how you've got £350 in extra's? I added it all up on got £175, including internal upgrades

Google
£49.95: Smaller box mag
£30: Soundhog
£25: Fake bullets
£30: Tightbore
£50: Rail system
£80: Box magazine
£17.99: Lipo 1
£17.99: Lipo 2
£29.99: Sliding stock
Mostly from UK sites, but ofcourse, I don't know for sure.
And a slight update, some poor idiot bought the £100 Tercel 1911.. :rolleyes:

Google
£49.95: Smaller box mag
£30: Soundhog
£25: Fake bullets
£30: Tightbore
£50: Rail system
£80: Box magazine
£17.99: Lipo 1
£17.99: Lipo 2
£29.99: Sliding stock
Mostly from UK sites, but ofcourse, I don't know for sure.
And a slight update, some poor idiot bought the £100 Tercel 1911.. :rolleyes:

"Mostly from UK sites" That answer howyou got that price, I buy everything from abroad as it's a hell of a lot cheaper. I've not look at uk prices in ages as it always seem way over priced.

• Supporters

"Mostly from UK sites" That answer howyou got that price, I buy everything from abroad as it's a hell of a lot cheaper. I've not look at uk prices in ages as it always seem way over priced.

A lot of people prefer to shop in the UK though, whether through distrust of shipping/customs/foreign websites or if they actually just want to support the UK economy. I've seen plenty of CYMA M14s second hand priced higher than they are new from TWG, BUT they are the right price for a gun originally bought in the UK. Just because you are happy to buy all the extras from the UK doesn't mean the seller has.

• Root Admin

I gotta say that I'm on the side of importing too with the extortionate rates and lack of selection here in the UK. Even with customs and shipping you'll tend to save a bit and get the colour or manufacturer that you want, rather than what's just in stock here at home. If you're upgrading something and aren't in a hurry then I really see no reason not to order from abroad other than the fact that it takes a it longer to search for these things and that you have to know the sites which are available (many have terrible search features or aren't listed very highly on Google).

I gotta say that I'm on the side of importing too with the extortionate rates and lack of selection here in the UK. Even with customs and shipping you'll tend to save a bit and get the colour or manufacturer that you want, rather than what's just in stock here at home. If you're upgrading something and aren't in a hurry then I really see no reason not to order from abroad other than the fact that it takes a it longer to search for these things and that you have to know the sites which are available (many have terrible search features or aren't listed very highly on Google).

Is there a list on here of international sellers? I've tried searching google but usually only find the UK sellers.

• Root Admin

Not really. We really should make a thread but I think many of these are currently listed in the 'Places To Buy' subforum already.

Try these (in no particular order):

Scope and laser

eHobby Asia (terrible minimum shipping price)

WGC Shop

UN Company (horrible search function - use Google advanced search and filter by domain)

DEN Trinity Shop (horrible search function - use Google advanced search and filter by domain)

AEG Cart Asia

Tokyo Model Company

And about 20 others that I'd have to rack my brain for but can't right now - the above are all ones I've used in the past 6 months or so. I'm sure other suggestions will flood in.

Taiwangun.Pl Polish airsoft shop, no import to pay as it's Eu. Around £10 shipping if it's below £240. Good for cyma, Jg, a&k under their own brand p&j.

gunfire.Pl another Polish retailer. Not sure on shipping but no Import charges to pay either.

In order of best to worst

Shootercb - Shipping is super fast usually four days from HK to UK

RSOV - same again with fast shipping

Specwarfare

devgrulogy

sealairsoft

airsoftpeak

airsoft365

JKARMY - good selection but super slow dispatch

Ebairsoft - If they have it in stock usually 2 weeks, If not in stock they dont tell you untill you raise a paypal dispute

Others I havnt tried

Combatgearing

Tiger111hk

khmountain

asiaairsoft

• Root Admin

In order of best to worst

Shootercb - Shipping is super fast usually four days from HK to UK

RSOV - same again with fast shipping

Specwarfare

devgrulogy

sealairsoft

airsoftpeak

airsoft365

JKARMY - good selection but super slow dispatch

Ebairsoft - If they have it in stock usually 2 weeks, If not in stock they dont tell you untill you raise a paypal dispute

Others I havnt tried

Combatgearing

Tiger111hk

khmountain

asiaairsoft

ShooterCB are brilliant for TMC and Flyye stuff too. I buy a lot of pouches from them.

They also have some hidden, rather rare upgrade parts for GBBs, I've found.

I used Sealairsoft before Christmas and had no troubles either - again, had some stuff that was non-existent anywhere else.

Had a run in with Ebairsoft recently but they did tell me the product was out of stock (took them a few days) - they refunded immediately. Maybe they've been burned by so many chargebacks. Other than that, watch for their prices: They may say shipping is free, but that only means it's included in the price. Some stuff is much cheaper through them and some of the larger products are actually more expensive than buying it in the UK. Strange site a lot of the time.

• Supporters

Tiger111 is flawless, and today's KHmountain too. A few years back khmountain had some problems but now they are one of the best.

www.greenbase.hk - they have nice and cheap gear and I didn't have any problems with them.

cop9gun.com - their new webshop is great and they have chinese gun parts that are very hard to find elsewhere - also very cheap.

I almost forgot

www.airsoft-club.com - they had great gear and clothing, but I haven't ordered from them lately so I don't know their current stock. Cheap and no problems.

Tiger111 is flawless, and today's KHmountain too. A few years back khmountain had some problems but now they are one of the best.

www.greenbase.hk - they have nice and cheap gear and I didn't have any problems with them.

cop9gun.com - their new webshop is great and they have chinese gun parts that are very hard to find elsewhere - also very cheap.

I almost forgot

www.airsoft-club.com - they had great gear and clothing, but I haven't ordered from them lately so I don't know their current stock. Cheap and no problems.

Forgot about greenbase. Get most of my optics from there, they also let you choose how much you want to declare value for duty :ph34r:

• Supporters

I buy a lot from abroad too, don't get me wrong. The issue with UK stores is that there's a much higher overhead to cover the costs not only of running a business but of running a business IN THE UK. Add to that the fact that most UK retailers know full well that they're up against people that can buy at the same price (if not better) as themselves then there's little wonder that they have so little stock available. What's the point?

Of course, the point is that it all helps the UK economy. You buy something in the UK, you pay VAT on it, the business (hopefully) pays tax on their earnings and the system continues to operate putting a roof over someones head and food on their tables. We all complain about how the UK is "ripping everyone off" but the fact remains that a high standard of living costs money. We all want a better standard of living or to be able to help those that have a low sstandard of it but it all costs money. Yes, the exchequer taxes the living fuck out of us but they can't tax what doesn't get spent. If we all bought everything from Hong Kong the only people getting rich would be the Post Office and the People's Republic of China.

Rant over.

For now.

• Supporters

Of course, the point is that it all helps the UK economy. You buy something in the UK, you pay VAT on it, the business (hopefully) pays tax on their earnings and the system continues to operate putting a roof over someones head and food on their tables. We all complain about how the UK is "ripping everyone off" but the fact remains that a high standard of living costs money. We all want a better standard of living or to be able to help those that have a low sstandard of it but it all costs money. Yes, the exchequer taxes the living f*ck out of us but they can't tax what doesn't get spent. If we all bought everything from Hong Kong the only people getting rich would be the Post Office and the People's Republic of China.

Still off:

Very true.

I'm the first to complain about the high prices in the UK but I came from a country where all the bigger companies are owned by foreigners. Nearly all the profit is made by them and not spent in the country, resulting a similar case as you described. The wages are very-very low because of that. People are people and their work is the same quantity and quality as in the UK but the wages are 1/10th than here. Simply because they aren't the ones making the profit.

I think this is globalisation. You can buy anything anywhere. It's very easy to buy in china cheap, but that will raise their income and lower ours in the UK. Globalisation will level every country eventually. The poor ones get richer but the rich ones will get poorer.

So yes, you can protect your country by spending the money here. I can't, I'm dead broke now. :)

• Supporters

I buy a lot from abroad too, don't get me wrong. The issue with UK stores is that there's a much higher overhead to cover the costs not only of running a business but of running a business IN THE UK. Add to that the fact that most UK retailers know full well that they're up against people that can buy at the same price (if not better) as themselves then there's little wonder that they have so little stock available. What's the point?

Of course, the point is that it all helps the UK economy. You buy something in the UK, you pay VAT on it, the business (hopefully) pays tax on their earnings and the system continues to operate putting a roof over someones head and food on their tables. We all complain about how the UK is "ripping everyone off" but the fact remains that a high standard of living costs money. We all want a better standard of living or to be able to help those that have a low sstandard of it but it all costs money. Yes, the exchequer taxes the living f*ck out of us but they can't tax what doesn't get spent. If we all bought everything from Hong Kong the only people getting rich would be the Post Office and the People's Republic of China.

Rant over.

For now.

I always buy from UK stores when possible because I am a firm believer in supporting the uk economy.

The problem is its very difficult to get a lot of high quality upgrade parts in the UK. If you do find them half the time its bedroom sellers who buy from abroad in the first place an sell it on and dont pay any tax on their sales anyway.

Tried finding a Firefly flat nub this week ended up having to order from abroad, only two UK sellers neither had it in stock.

Maybe if UK stores got rid of all the madbull crap and stocked what people really want they would do better.