Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

I just found another "great" deal!

WE Hi-Capa Dragon

£100

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AirsoftUKsale/permalink/423125367872112/

Brand New:

$95 (£62)

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_WE_WE_Hi_Capa_5_1_Dragon_Type_B_Black_Full_Metal.htm

What's great about this one is that it's partially broken! They've broken off half the safety switch, and look at that beautiful paint!

It is overpriced, however with both alternative links you posted, you've not taken into account customs tax etc, which would bring them to more like £350 for the GHK and £90 for the Hi Capa...

• Supporters

I've noticed a fair bit of that in this thread. If anybody is going to post something and then link to a site in HK, they really need to bear in mind the $40+ in shipping, then 20% VAT then handling charges and maybe import fees (cost dependant). Just saying that you can get something cheaper from WGC or eHobby etc is pointless if you only mention the base price.

Shipping can be a pricey and should be mentioned. VAT depends on where you order from I have had several packages from a couple of places that always put them down as a gift so no VAT. Still can get most things cheaper.

Thing I think is wrong is being able to take the piss out of sellers on other forums but not the iffy ones on here.

Double standards I think.

Also think the people selling guns for basically new prices and claiming they are new should be checked out and maybe removed. Its obvious they are buying cheap from abroad and trying to sell on. Any airsofter is going to spank a new gun a bit so all these people saying only fired a couple of rounds to test is crap.

I would buy a used gun from an airsofter but wont buy from resellers.

Wouldn't try to make a profit from fellow airsofters would rather tell them where the deals are and save everybody money.

• Supporters

Thing I think is wrong is being able to take the piss out of sellers on other forums but not the iffy ones on here.

I think it's purely to keep drama off this forum, I agree with what Rock-climby-Dave said to that effect on the first page.

• Supporters

I think it's purely to keep drama off this forum, I agree with what Rock-climby-Dave said to that effect on the first page.

Keeping the drama off is fine. But maybe a mod could be checking some of the sales. Would be nice to have a forum where people dont have to worry about being ripped off.

Too many people doing it lately.

Not that I dont think the mods already do a good job just hate seeing people get conned.

• Supporters

Shipping can be a pricey and should be mentioned. VAT depends on where you order from I have had several packages from a couple of places that always put them down as a gift so no VAT. Still can get most things cheaper.

That's not what the law says though. Ticking gift doesn't mean much, you're only exempt import VAT if the value declared (for the items and shipping combined) is less than £15 and customs believe it. What matters is how much the store you buy from fudges the value on the paperwork; also how much the particular customs person checking your package that day actually cares to question it.

• Supporters

That's not what the law says though. Ticking gift doesn't mean much, you're only exempt import VAT if the value declared (for the items and shipping combined) is less than £15 and customs believe it. What matters is how much the store you buy from fudges the value on the paperwork; also how much the particular customs person checking your package that day actually cares to question it.

Very true all the stuff I have had usually has a £5 or £10 value on the paperwork.

It is a bit of a lottery with customs, one day they will open something up and I will receive a bill but its worth it for the amount I have saved. To be honest its a shame to have to do it but a lot of decent spares can be hard to get hold of in the UK or are just ridiculously priced.

Think CM16 cylinder volume will facilitate a 560mm inner barrel?

Emerson multicam shirt £35 posted (Username doesnt even match the one in the photo :lol: )

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?259391-Emerson-Multicam-Crye-G2-AC-UBACS-44CHEST-REG

Brand new £26 posted

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=3592

• Supporters

Actually, his price is pretty fair. The stuff that he's including cost him well over £350. That's not including the internal upgrades.