Rail Covers

csp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am probably overthinking it but I would like opinions on rail covers.

I found all the available stock in UK for the style of rail cover I want. They are very similar and only the brand and price seems deferent from web.

I am wondering if there is some deference in quality or something between them.

Classic Army RIS Handguard Rail Cover x4 £29

G&P Rail Cover x4 £28

King Arms Rail Cover x1 £8

Golden Eagle Rail Panel RIS Cover x4 £5.99

• Supporters

Errrmm...yes, you're overthinking it.

Buy the cheapest ones. They'll all come from the same factory anyway.

I got not the most expensive but also not the cheapest from patrol base and I regretted it.

They look cheap plastic, they are bend also the metallic part which locks the cover on the rail scratched a bit of paint out of the rail.

I am returning them.

I got not the most expensive but also not the cheapest from patrol base and I regretted it.

They look cheap plastic, they are bend also the metallic part which locks the cover on the rail scratched a bit of paint out of the rail.

I am returning them.

Which product?

• Supporters

Of course the metal clip scratched paint off the rail. It's a sharp metal edge scraping against super cheap airsoft paint; that is going to happen and the real KAC panels those are cloned from do the same thing. The other issues are different but the paint scratching is not the fault of the particular covers you've purchased.

yeah, the XTM's from Magpul look great. I combined them with the G&P rail covers (cut down) that came with my Sentry

The XTM pieces were placed where my hands grip the RIS and then the rest of the rails i used the ladder type. Looked pretty good IMO

• 3 weeks later...

Well not greatly impressed with the XTMs now Ive played with them. Theyre not genuine Magpul on closer inspection and they look a bit cheap and nasty when on and they are quite hard to fit flush and continuous. I bought some of the ribbed covers (the ones with the push clip at one end) but they are a pig to slide too far down the rail. Decided to fit a couple of these at the end near the bipod and will fit ladders on the rest of the rail as I can only access it from one end.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.