Fix ACOG

csp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was given a replica ACOG which has on small but annoying problem, the crosshair isn't straight but is titling to the left.

I unscrewed the back part of the scope and you can see the glass with the crosshair but I have no idea how to fix it.

I tried to rotate the glass but it will not move. There are no other screws to remove.

Does anyone has any experience of how to solve this issue?

post-11393-0-75709600-1432678741_thumb.jpg

Guest PT247

See the notch at the top... Put a small flathead screwdriver to it from the right and tap it with a light hammer

All the the parts there look glued together, they will not be removed easily and I am afraid that it will break if I am gonna push it. Is there any place in London that can fix anything like that ?

Does the crosshair still adjust with the adjuster screw ? is it just a bit skewed or does it not move at all suggesting a broken linkage ?

Generally speaking clone optics are built to a price - you only have to look at the price of the real thing to ask yourself about the differences.

You can get the real thing fixed but even if they can get it open, the cost of experts "servicing" a clone will be more than the £100 it costs to replace it.

PS I assume we are talking about an 4x32 not the much cheaper 1x32 ?

Does the crosshair still adjust with the adjuster screw ? is it just a bit skewed or does it not move at all suggesting a broken linkage ?

Generally speaking clone optics are built to a price - you only have to look at the price of the real thing to ask yourself about the differences.

You can get the real thing fixed but even if they can get it open, the cost of experts "servicing" a clone will be more than the £100 it costs to replace it.

PS I assume we are talking about an 4x32 not the much cheaper 1x32 ?

Yes it is a 4x32 and the elevatio and wind age are working. I guess you are right about not worthing to pay someone to fix it. But it seemed so simple thing to fix it just to rotate a bit the glass with the crosshair.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.