Want to get a SMG but not MP5

bruceball1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right so I wana get myself an smg for cqb environments but don't want an mp5 as my brother in law has one and would like to mix it up a bit. Thinking maybe a vector?

Vectors are a little chunky and the only one right now is the KWA GBB version and it's expensive as fuk.

You could go for a TM mp7 AEP or GBB.

The KWA MP9 is also viable.

If you do have the money, the ASG skorpion evo would be pretty cool.

There's also the new M4 spectre by AY.

And also the Uzi AEP by TM.

And various other P90 brands.

You're spoilt for choices really.

• Supporters

Vectors are hard to get hold of as they are no longer in production as far as I am aware. There's a few good choices off the top of my head: G&G UMP, TM or KWA MP7 and there's also a fair few AK 74SU variants about which is more or less the same size as a submachine gun.

P90 is prob as close to rifle performance you'll get from something that size(ish), have TM HC one and it's awesome. Slightly too big to use 1 handed comfortably so if you've very long arms it might be a pain to hold into your shoulder.

I just got a TM MP7 electric and it's perfect CQB weapon. ROF is bit low but intending on using it for single-shot games only. I would have got gas but i don't like it in general. Small electric guns are thought to generally be outperformed by gas equivs as shrinking the gearbox from rifle size to smg size often looses fair bit of power/rof

An MP7 has always been something I've looked at but wasn't sure between gas and electric. I've got a GBB pistol and AEG M4 so I've used both. But I think I'll definitely look into getting a TM MP7

TM make electric and gas MP7s, so it gives you good choice. As far as I know, both are pretty upgradable too.

I'll have a look on some sites to get some ideas of prices. Anyone recommend anywhere particularly good? Only bought from airsoft armoury and zero one

I was looking at these over the last few days, Wolf Armouries seem to be one of the cheapest in stock for the GBB, but on the other hand if you're buying more than 1 spare mag, the asian sites (even with prices converted from USD and multiplied by 1.25(inc postage) came too a £100 saving when buying 5 spare mags. (over buying 5 spare in the uk at £40 each).

Dunno about the gas TM MP7, the electric does have few upgrade options available but it is a bit tricky.

Laylax (Nineball) have made aftermarket/upgrade bits for a majority of the gearbox and a couple tightbore barrels, but these aren't easily found from UK retailers, didn't find one that had them all anyways, Eagle6 has most of them.

The exception is the gears and motor, no-one seems to have made replacement gears with a dif ratio for increased ROF, and no-one seems to have made a replacement motor at all, can't even find an original one so if that breaks then your fuked.

Converting to lipo is a popular one as the standard MP7 battery doesn't last too long, can either rewire to a PEQ, or chop the connector off a standard MP7 battery and attach it to a lipo small enough. I didn't have a stock battery so bought a Laylax MP7 lipo adapter as that'd done half the job for me and same price as a stock battery anyways.

Also it's a tricky little bitch of a gearbox to tinker in, took me several attempts to get it perfect, end result is about 310FPS and about 17-19RPS compared to stock of 250FPS and about 15RPS

What about an MP40?

400x277_product_media_FB1350-1(1).jpg

ASG do MP40's, they're cheap and pretty good quality.

Considered a UMP? pretty versatile and very light due to the polymer construction! also come with a folding stock as standard, i love mine haha. Always loved the look of a scorpion evo as well tho, especially with an upgraded motor they are formidable little buggers!

Scorpion Evo, it's amazing. OK it looks like a fish with no goodies attached haha

Got an AFG on the way for the front end and thumb stops (essential) to stop me shooting myself in the finger

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=2795B79063FA0F8C&resid=2795b79063fa0f8c%213601&authkey=ANywTj4hgDHogRo" width="320" height="180" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.