which is better

Robbi3b

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking at getting a new gun I'm torn between the

ICS M4 R.I.S. CRANE STOCK IPT-047-1 or the

G&G COMBAT MACHINE AEG CM16 RAIDER L DST, any one had any? And could give me pros and cons for the guns please many thanks robbie

post-10698-0-88780000-1432542433_thumb.png

post-10698-0-96385500-1432542470_thumb.png

• Supporters

Both are great guns

I have a few 42W clear - similar to G&G Carbine and a "few" G&G's

ICS deffo seems a smidge quicker out of box rof

G&G - well they are the number one selling M4 starters

What G&G have done is made a load of different style M4's with/without rails etc....

So there is bound to be one that takes your fancy more my own favourite is MK18's for looks

the bargain GC16 30th is a major consideration - can mount some stuff on there coz they supply 3 mini bolt on rails to handguard

the handguard is much more sturdy than others M4 handguards

ICS do make other types of M4 with RIS but you normally have to go above £150

think their hop - like a G36 is a bit bespoke to ICS but take nothing away they are a nice gun with good build

all other parts are normal TM plus easier change of spring due to two piece box and spring release when storing gun

But for me personally I like the look/range of G&G's and they are a nice gun to work on

I haven't got around to ripping/tweaking my ICS yet so I can't say how they compare but think G&G use 8mm & ICS "may" use 7mm bush/bearings on mine

I chose G&G's coz of the range to chose from in the £150 range and my first was the FireHawk which I had to had to have as I fell in love straight away

since then I have been hooked on G&G but I still hold a lot of respect for ICS - always regard them as a very close 2nd to G&G

Maybe I might tweak and spray and swap some bits around and give my clear ICS a new lease of life over the summer

It really does deserve a bit more of my time - I have neglected her I will admit but was my choice over not so good SRC's until I got ukara'd

soz for waffle - me it is G&G Mk18 or GC16 30th - only coz of the good range of choice

I think the G&G plastic/polymer is a tad more robust than ICS plastic.

Think the G&G is a little more flexible which may stand up to knocks more where as the ICS seems to be the more harder and perhaps brittle in cold weather - PLEASE NOTE - this might be coz mine is in clear plastic and it might have to be the more harder plastic than flexible polymer

I do not own a black sportsline ICS so it would be unfair to say ICS receiver is not as good as G&G - just comparing my clear one to black G&G's

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.