Mask?

Lukataylor

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I am starting air soft, I know a little bit about the sport but not a lot! I need to wear a full face mask (because I am 16). What is the best budget mask? Which does stop BBs shattering my teeth and blinding me for my whole life!!! Haha

• Root Admin

Yep, anything full-face (I.e ypur eyes and mouth covered) All sites that provide rental equipment will also allow you to rent a full face mask too.

If you're over 18 then you only have to cover your eyes (should you wish).

DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON POLYCARBONATE GOGGLES/SHOOTING GLASSES

I've seen BBs blast through poor quality lenses like water bottle plastic. If you're looking at any kind of non-mesh eyewear, ESS, Smith, Revision and Bolle are the only manufacturers you should consider.

As for lower face protection, any old mesh mask is the same. i got mine off amazon, as it was cheaper than the same product at most retailers I was browsing at the time.

Here's what I use:

B0B15196-DC94-4EE2-93B4-D517938A9C42_zps

I made them from a pair of Nuprol mesh goggles (About £15) and a standard mesh half face (£10) I grip tied them together and filled the gap, perfect comfortable full face protection. I always run the risk of a shattered BB going through the holes but I've taken direct sniper hits to these and I've never had an issue! Problem with Goggles is fogging! I paid out £90 for the Wiley X nerve which are superb BUT... On rainy days they fog, when I sweat too much they fog! I always come back to mesh!

• Root Admin

So mesh and glasses would be a good idea if it was comfortable?

Fairly sure some sites won't allow you to wear open glasses if youre under 18 though. May be worth checking first in case you've got to go with goggles.

The most foolproof option is - drumroll please - yes, you guessed it!... To just get out there and rent your kit.

They would stop a bb yes however you need a full face mask. Sites won't let under 18s play without them. Due to insurance.

Here's my preference....... Face mask covering lower face including nose & ears with a set of mesh goggles, added a fast helmet for good measure so I completely avoid getting twatted anywhere above my neck!

Face mask is between £15 - £20, good quality & has never failed me in the last 12 months

post-9923-0-24615400-1432893496_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-84563900-1432893476_thumb.jpg

Just should let you know I very much doubt any glasses will fit underneath the goggles.

The only ones I know that work are Bolle PILOT (also called PILOPSI) which are safety goggles, and have cut outs specifically for glasses frames to fit through. I know this because my dad has to wear em and with anything else there is not enough room for glasses inside and they are pressed too tight against the face.

The X-1000s will definitely stop a BB, they are Bolle Tactical so are gonna be impact resistant. In fact it says they are ballistic rated in the description. Any genuine military eye pro brand like will exceed airsoft requirements.

You could also look into Heroshark stuff if his website is still working (if not try his FB page) makes his own mesh eye pro supposedly to higher standards so it is a good alternative worth considering.

An FYI I'm 17 and found out at my last game that it's only under 16s that have to wear full face protection for First & Only sites, but will probably be different elsewhere.

• Supporters

Just should let you know I very much doubt any glasses will fit underneath the goggles.

The only ones I know that work are Bolle PILOT (also called PILOPSI) which are safety goggles, and have cut outs specifically for glasses frames to fit through. I know this because my dad has to wear em and with anything else there is not enough room for glasses inside and they are pressed too tight against the face.

The X-1000s will definitely stop a BB, they are Bolle Tactical so are gonna be impact resistant. In fact it says they are ballistic rated in the description. Any genuine military eye pro brand like will exceed airsoft requirements.

You could also look into Heroshark stuff if his website is still working (if not try his FB page) makes his own mesh eye pro supposedly to higher standards so it is a good alternative worth considering.

An FYI I'm 17 and found out at my last game that it's only under 16s that have to wear full face protection for First & Only sites, but will probably be different elsewhere.

Hacksherly....there is a version of the x1000 that DOES fit over prescription specs called the x1000rx. It has a deeper lens (same frame).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.