Morning from Brum!

MrEvans

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hiya,

New to airsofting (properly) after always toying with some guns. Bought myself an all black CYMA AK-47 and a TM P226. Looking to mod up the AK with some sights on the front rail and replace the underfolding stock with a side folding and hopefully get some good CQB games in with my TM P226.

Aiming to get up to Urban6 and the Gaol for some games as they're not too bad on the train.

Anyone else from around these parts?

• Supporters

morning from.....

brum_front_2057.gif

Sorry couldn't resist it

ignore me - but nice choice of AK but if I read it correctly....

if you got say a Cyma 028B or 028S underside stock and you seek to get a 028U for example

then think that requires a different receiver

soz if I got this wrong - still a nice gun whatever model it is

• Supporters

well the 28b have the swing under folding stock with holes at side but not at the very back of receiver

the others don't have side holes and have the opening right at the very back for either the regular AK rear wired stock or the M4 stock tube thingy

if by the folding side stock you mean like in a 028U then you may need a different receiver

if that is the case then just buy a 028U from Taiwangun if you have ukara as euro is good exchange atm

(ok not extactly the upgrade but time you source a new reciever you may as well source a metal one i guess or just buy the 28u)

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-028u?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Welcome.

Don't bother changing the stock IMO. It's a great basic gun. Use it until it breaks, and later upgrade to a cyma 048.

Ah, if it's not worth the hassle I won't be too bothered. Just one of those, if it's do-able and not too costly then I might give it a go :)

Thanks for all the tips all!

A belated hoodie doodie from Stoke, though I hail from Wolves previously.

Frontier Airsoft is a site id recommend, and it's just up the road from Penkridge (and its train station, which aren't too distant from Brum if you fancy it).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.