TM P226

MrEvans

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I've had a search through the threads with nothing to really distinctly answer my q's.

Recently purchased TM P226 (my first ever GBB!) and been provided with some gas. Now, I haven't used the gas release at the top of the mags until my new gas arrives, however put a couple of mags through one of the clips. Is it normal to feel the gas on your fingers as you fill it (mag upside down, with the gas above directly in line)?

I intend to use the gas release on all the mags and empty them before putting 3 seconds of 144A Abbey Predator in to keep the pressure built inside the clips, then topping up with an extra 3-4 3 seconds bursts on game days.

Does all this sound right?

Thanks in advance folks!

• Root Admin

Yes, it's usual with TM mags to get a little coming out at the top as you fill it.

My recommendation would he to hold the mag lower down (or wear gloves) to avoid the risk of frostbite.

The rest is as simple as Baz says - tiny bit of gas for storage (to keep a seal and stop the o-rings drying out, and fully gassed - 5-8 seconds filling - for shooting.

Also, they're magazines; not clips!

Why do you want to release the gas first ?

I just gas em up a little for storage and then fill them for a game !

Bought 2nd hand, want to make sure I know exactly how much is inside the magazines.

Yes, it's usual with TM mags to get a little coming out at the top as you fill it.

My recommendation would he to hold the mag lower down (or wear gloves) to avoid the risk of frostbite.

The rest is as simple as Baz says - tiny bit of gas for storage (to keep a seal and stop the o-rings drying out, and fully gassed - 5-8 seconds filling - for shooting.

Also, they're magazines; not clips!

Ah brilliant, the nozzle from the gas can doesnt seem to go all the way in and I can feel some coming out but the mag does fill, so this is reassuring!

How much gas would you say for storage 1-2 seconds worth? And just do 5-8 no intervals to fill the whole mag?

Thanks a lot :)

Hahahaha, can't even justify a reason for saying clips over magazines. Blame the video games.

• Root Admin

For storage 1-2 is fine. I fill mine until they start spluttering but good practice is to do that once from empty and then remember how long it took so that you don't overfill and waste gas in the future. Generally this will be between 5 and 8 seconds, but all mags vary.

Refilling as you go for is totally fine as well, but you'll likely waste a little bit of gas when you overfill it.

For storage 1-2 is fine. I fill mine until they start spluttering but good practice is to do that once from empty and then remember how long it took so that you don't overfill and waste gas in the future. Generally this will be between 5 and 8 seconds, but all mags vary.

Refilling as you go for is totally fine as well, but you'll lilely waste a little bit of gas when you overfill it.

Perfect, thanks for the help.

Got a bit overwhelmed when I had a google and had all these different points thrown at me from different guides and saying how easy the mags are to break etc. Just needed my specific points answered so I knew what to do and you guys have got me sorted. It's appreciated.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.