I am a beginner

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I usually get my equipment from ebay I would browse airsoft websites first to see what sort of things you like then search for them. If youre under 18 then you need a full face mask the fencing masks you can get are good value and they cover your whole head really. That is the most important in my opinion then as the others say wait to see if you like it then invest in an assault vest, clothing etc...

Good luck bud

I REALLY wouldn't do this.

Don't skip on the eye protection. if there's one thing you should REALLY put your money on is eye protection.

I've seen way too many pics of facemasks from ebays and even airsoft retailers break with a 320 ish FPS .2 BB.

Also, most of the glasses marked EN166 F do not offer enough protection for most woodland sites.

Don't just get "something". Get a proper mask, or a proper googles/eyeshields. Whichever fits you best and it's more comfortable and safe for you.

I've wasted way too much money buying crappy guns, ended up selling to fund for proper eyewear. Had a few close calls. One of the bolle glasses got hit in the lens and the lens popped out. I then tried googles, eyeshields and meshes to find which sits better.

Again, your skirmish site may have a selection for you to try and rent, or ask other players. I've been always very lucky with other players sharing/letting me try stuff and I've returned the favour as often as I could.

Top in my opinion, the raider CM16 is a beast starting weapon for the price you can find them for around £110 - £130

Seriously, if you are not sure which weapon to buy, this! ^^

My team has quite a selection of rifles now from JG to ICS, CA to TM to top G&G. We still bring 2 of these and they never skipped a beat!

Light, portable, they interface with a lot of other gear. You get a nice amount of mags for these, you can then still get any weapon that uses M4/M16 mags and not have to re-buy mags.

For the price, you can't go wrong. Best weapon you can get. If you decide to get something else in the future, keep it as a reserve, or for a mate that wants to join you for a weekend or something.

EDIT: Also, these variants has the most spare parts out there :)

EDIT2: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6076 this is the one we carry.

Proffrink, if you had read the earlier messages, I'm getting an adult/relative to get a ukara and then gift me the gun

:ph34r:

You don't need UKARA for 2-tones, most people are happy with 2-tones, just take your parent to a shop, say "i want that one", job done.

Do not pass GO; Do not remove the 2-tone from the gun you have bought.

Though really, go play the game first, one of the purposes of UKARA is to ensure that only REAL airsoft players and a few select other groups can purchase/make Realistic Imitation Firearms (RIFs).

Please can someone answer this... I'm stuck"Wait, If a relative with a ukara bought a RIF for me, can I use it if I don't have a ukara?"

If you have a relative with UKARA, you should ask them first, anything someone on here might say is moot until you do that.

The answer to this question is in the 9th, 11th, 14th, 21st, 25th, and 43rd posts in this thread.

• Root Admin

Good post. Luka, no one is trying to unfairly deny you the pleasures of going out and buying your own gun, but you must understand what a legal knifedge this hobby sits on, and how careful we must be to ensure its longevity for all.

Every time someone goes out and bends the rules we open ourselves up to losing a very enjoyable past-time, and we certainly wouldn't be the first country to have so. As I said before, most rental equipment is going to be as good - if not better- than anything you could afford to buy right now, so it's not too bad.

Get out and play first. The rest will fall into place.

It's not just the safest option for you its the only option as you're under 18.

Could I not just get the gun RIF and gifted to me off an adult

But what would you tell the police when they found you with one?

Remember, the R is for "Realistic", if you had a 2-tone, you'd say "it's me pa's".

Edit:

Caught was too confusing.

Edited by Sacarathe

In London they do random bag searches.

I got stopped after buying a GBB. Had to show my UKARA.

Also, helps that you tell them about the RIF, that you have a defence and ask the police if he could open the bag somewhere discrete.

He was cool about it, he even joked how look a like it looked/felt, except it was "plasticky" (that's TM for ya!)

• Supporters

Could I not just get the gun RIF and gifted to me off an adult

Yes this is fine. You dont need to be over 18 to own a rif you just need to be over 18 to buy one. If its gifted thats totally legal.

The only time the police would search you is if you were waving it around in public.

If you do that then whether you have a defence or not its being deatroyed and your being arrested.

Yes this is fine. You dont need to be over 18 to own a rif you just need to be over 18 to buy one. If its gifted thats totally legal.

The only time the police would search you is if you were waving it around in public.

If you do that then whether you have a defence or not its being deatroyed and your being arrested.

What if it was asked how they got it, is the correct answer, "non of your business"? - Serious question because while I might have been mistaken in my previous post, this is the reason I put it this way.

• Supporters

What if it was asked how they got it, is the correct answer, "non of your business"? - Serious question because while I might have been mistaken in my previous post, this is the reason I put it this way.

You tell the it was gifted to you for the purpose of playing airsoft. Tell them who by if asked. As I said its totally legal.

You tell the it was gifted to you for the purpose of playing airsoft. Tell them who by if asked. As I said its totally legal.

Ah yeah, of course, it doesn't matte if the person making the gift did so illegally.

You need a valid "defence" to have them. If you are an actor, impersonator, "just taking it to the shop", "just bringing it from the shop" "going/coming from game" all valid defences

Yeah that's fine gifting a RIF but remember the person gifting it to you has to have Ukara or some form of defence to be able to buy a RIF.

Exactly. Ukara is used as a defence, but really is a retailer association.

It's a safe method to sell RIFs in response to the 2006 act. So you need UKARA for buying. To have it around (if you get stopped by whatever reason) you need a valid defence. UKARA works. Site card membership works. Going to/from shop/site also works. I usually have fliers or airsoft invoices on my pouch.

Wait what?

Follow this link and read everything - if there are any other links, read them too, don't get caught in a loop though!

I sympathise with you - go look at my first posts on this board, I was similar albeit with a LOT more research, but you really must actually read what people say, not ask them to answer questions they already have (makes it look like you have not read what they took time to provide, regardless of whether you actually have), look at other threads, spend hours on youtube.

Also, well done for seeking alternatives to Call of Duty - not that you'll know what that is until you're old enough to experience 18 rated games.

Think I'm done on this for the moment

:D

If my step dad got a ukara, gifted me a rif...I have the rif! I go to an airsoft game, get stopped...I say "just going to an airsoft game" and let him examine it in a discrete area. And I am best off going for a few games with rentals to see how it is and to see what other people have... Also, what mask/headgear should I get?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.