Looking for side and back molle solution

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I used to use a chest rig and it seemed like a decent solution to carrying gear until I also got a water pack, at which point I end up with a lot of straps to get in and out of my gear. For okto milsim I ended up getting a flecktarn african assault vest because plate carriers were not allowed and I needed the different colour and well it seemed like a reasonable option with the water carrier and all the space for a milsim op. However my primary issue with it is the ammo pouches. Because its all prestitched you can't move them about and there aren't enough ammo pouches on the left hand side, they are mostly on the right or so high on the straps they interfere with shouldering my rifle.

What I am looking for is a solution that includes support for a 3L water pack that is mostly molle and would put much of the storage low on the body, sides and to the rear rather than on the front. I was sort of thinking a battle belt with yokes but I didn't find anything that included water packs and I do want to do away with the additional straps. Anyone seen something like this that I might want to consider?

• Supporters

Some makes of chest rig can take a molle back panel. My WAS 901 has one, seen a few on Military 1st.

Something like this? http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/kombat-uk-airborne-webbing-btp-product,17543

You may want a smaller water bladder so it fits in a pouch or switch to a water bottle.

Remember that 3 liters of water is 3Kg weight. You can get a 1 liter bladder and fit it in a utility pouch.

• Supporters

An airsoft that doesn't allow plate carriers :S

Is that due to hit taking?

Mainly a milsim gear requirement, its also why I need flectarn. You wont find ex USSR countries using plate carriers, its all assault rigs, combat belts and chest rigs. Its also one of the ways you can tell the various groups apart.

• Root Admin

I've got one of the newer Tactical Tailor two-piece MAVs anf it's brilliant as as lightweight molle solution.

There's molle on the back and straps too; a hydration pack could be attached and the straw/hose threaded through to the front.

http://www.fadedempire.co.uk/cpa-blog/after-sml.jpg

They are a bit pricey, but I've seen them go up second hand on ocassion for ~£30-40.

A couple of us were using them and no one said anything, cant remember seeing anything in the rules against PC for MDF Bright Candle. I believe its only MPF that are not allowed them to make them look more reberly. (Yes reberly is a word I invented 5 seconds ago :P )

A couple of us were using them and no one said anything, cant remember seeing anything in the rules against PC for MDF Bright Candle. I believe its only MPF that are not allowed them to make them look more reberly. (Yes reberly is a word I invented 5 seconds ago :P )

Specifically mentions assault vests and chest rigs, PCs are not part of the kit otherwise they would be on the list. I know a few of the guys broke the gear setup last game but I don't intend to. I prefer not to wear a PC because I want to get down on the ground properly and make sure I feel hits to the front as well.

Its a bit of a pain really, I can't find anything in flecktarn that is suitable. The olive one looks ideal just not the right colour.

I prefer not to wear a PC because I want to get down on the ground properly.

I quite liked being able to go prone and not getting impaled by a rock or tree route I did not spot for once :wub:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.