Shotguns for CQB - what do you like?

jpairsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Another good thing with shotguns is you can shoot people in the hands as they try and get a sneaky peeky with their pistol against a corner :D

It's doable with all guns but much easier with the trishot spread.

Even better when all three shots hit... Hahaha

Yes to the first question, though Gunfire need to be given your UKARA number otherwise customs will seize and destroy it when it arrives in the UK. A contact number on the packaging also helps massively if there are any issues.

No to the second question if you mean this shotgun:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-shotguns-and-grenade-launchers/franchi-tactical.htm#.VWszE9m9LTo

The Maruzen M1100 is a gas operated shell ejecting shotgun. A lot of fun but very impractical unless you hire someone to pick up your shells for you. The ASG is just a regular single shot spring shotgun. Nothing special - just very cheap. The fourteen shot shells are also very poor quality. This is very much a CQB gun though it has the same heavy pump as a trishot making it pretty pointless really. That said it is very light so makes a great secondary weapon.

Edit: Elaborated a bit more.

Damn it, thank you for this!!! I wrongfully assumed all ASG would be trishot because of some earlier posts here and was looking at that.

I'm "almost" tempted to go maruzen and get a shell catcher just because of the really small M1100 revision. I might instead save a bit more for a few months and go TM breacher

Airshooter.co.uk will get you the one I linked for £55 plus postage. They're my local supplier, and also built my mk18 for me, fantastic bloke is stuart

Thanks for this, I'll add it to my list of retailers :)

I might go with your suggestion or the asg short as they are really cheap. Or at least try them on in a game before lashing out £250 ish on a gas one.

Some really nice info about CQB'ing with shotguns on this thread!

Damn it, thank you for this!!! I wrongfully assumed all ASG would be trishot because of some earlier posts here and was looking at that.

I'm "almost" tempted to go maruzen and get a shell catcher just because of the really small M1100 revision. I might instead save a bit more for a few months and go TM breacher

No contest between a breacher and this mate. A lot more practical. Definitely go for the breacher - you won't regret it.

ASG do a number of single shot shotguns - including one that looks very close to a full length trishot. That said if they made a trishot version of their Tactical shotgun that I linked then I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It's a very compact gun so would be brilliant for CQB and room clearing.

Happy you on bout the one from gunfire? Cause mines tri shot....or have I got the complete wrong end of the stick here?

I'm on about the ASG Franchi Tactical shotgun mate, not the CYMA one you have.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.