Shotguns for CQB - what do you like?

jpairsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The ASG and DE ones are all plastic (not amazing plastic either) however CYMA have come out with some trishots including the one in the link.

There's metal and plastic replicas in CYMA's new line of shotties. Despite being notorious as a Chinese clone gun manufacturer, the quality of their plastics is pretty good- my old CYMA MP5 felt a lot more expensive than how much it was worth

is that an M870?

Yeah that's what I use. I want to get hold of one of these though:
http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152206694-CM352-Shotgun-Replica.html

Yeah never really trusted the brand name CYMA, but I guess I'll need to stop by a shop and have a look. A lot of people swearing by them lately.

One thing that puzzles me about the Franchi from ASG is that there is a little spring loaded variable control on the lower slide that sits ahead of the pump action. It doesnt seem to have a function - is it just cosmetic ? not mentioned anywhere...

Yeah that's what I use. I want to get hold of one of these though:

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152206694-CM352-Shotgun-Replica.html

Looking at all these spring shotguns, they all seem to have fixed hops. Are there any that have adjustable hops? or is that only on the single shot ones?

Looking at all these spring shotguns, they all seem to have fixed hops. Are there any that have adjustable hops? or is that only on the single shot ones?

That's a really good question. Are only the Marui that have adjustable hop?

The ASG and DE ones are all plastic (not amazing plastic either) however CYMA have come out with some trishots including the one in the link.

There's metal and plastic replicas in CYMA's new line of shotties. Despite being notorious as a Chinese clone gun manufacturer, the quality of their plastics is pretty good- my old CYMA MP5 felt a lot more expensive than how much it was worth

How do you know which models are metal and which ones are plastic?

One thing that puzzles me about the Franchi from ASG is that there is a little spring loaded variable control on the lower slide that sits ahead of the pump action. It doesnt seem to have a function - is it just cosmetic ? not mentioned anywhere...

On the real steel weapon it controls the fire mode. On the airsoft ones it doesn't - I removed mine as it just got in the way.

How do you know which models are metal and which ones are plastic?

As in the CYMA models? The metal ones are more expensive and have a different manufacturer's code- I think the 'M' suffix denotes that they are metal, as seen on this French retailer's page: http://www.airsoft-entrepot.fr/catalogsearch/result/?q=CM35

• Supporters

That's a really good question. Are only the Marui that have adjustable hop?

They have fixed hop, when you cock it back the shell ejector port opens and where a hop adjuster would normally be found is the switch for the 3 and 6 shot modes. It's not an issue though as the spread means it's next to impossible to hit someone well before the BBs would need further assistance from a hop rubber.

I'm no expert but the only shotgun I know of with adjustable hop is the upcoming TM AA12. There could be others but I think it's largely pointless anyway as you get into the realms of using the wrong gun for the job if you want a long range gun.

I like the look of the small SAS12, M1100 revision or breacher.

Guess I'll have to find out a couple of hours to look into the ASG, CYMA and Maruzen offers (i think they only offer shell ejecting :(

I'm really liking the fact that you can get skirmishable shotguns for about £60 according to you guys.

Actually the ASG barrels are metal.

What parts are usually metal on real steel shotguns?

I like the look of the small SAS12, M1100 revision or breacher.

Guess I'll have to find out a couple of hours to look into the ASG, CYMA and Maruzen offers (i think they only offer shell ejecting :(

I'm really liking the fact that you can get skirmishable shotguns for about £60 according to you guys.

Maruzen also do a single shot 870 series. I had a CA870 and I absolutely loved it! Was very sturdy and was pretty much a CQB sniper.

Usually everything except the stock, pistol grip and pump- like most weapons. Any metal airsoft replica will usually have metal in all the places a real version would have it.

An airsoft gun's status as a RIF has nothing to do with it's material. It's all about colouring.

its still a RIF in its native black and you will need UKARA etc for a retailer to sell it to you.

AYAYAYAY

Ok before this thread goes tits up... I misused the word RIF.

What I meant to say is, would any approach the real steel version in build, feel, materials used, weight?

:) No UKARA need on this thread :D

You can also get 3D printed gun clips for next to nothing if you know someone with a 3D Printer - see picture underneath the quote

I've seen gun clips used on the M870 breacher before.

breacher.jpg

It's quite expensive for what it is, though: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/blade-tech-ambi-military-remington-shotgun-holster-small.html#.VWBq2WCprzI

I suppose it would be cheaper to have a kydex one made through Facebook or to make it yourself. A carbon fibre one wouldn't be too difficult to make either, carbon fibre kits are about £40 from Carbon Mods in Stoke-on-Trent

post-7793-0-70589800-1432893433_thumb.jpg

LOVE the CYMA 350M. Just what I need for my Vietnsm loadout. Itchy credit card now...

That's what I've got happy, bloody awesome for the price, and the fact that mines a shortie with the stock makes me grin lol!

Does this shop ships to the UK?

Another q

Is the ASG "tactical shotgun" the M1100 revision?

Does this shop ships to the UK?

Another q

Is the ASG "tactical shotgun" the M1100 revision?

Yes to the first question, though Gunfire need to be given your UKARA number otherwise customs will seize and destroy it when it arrives in the UK. A contact number on the packaging also helps massively if there are any issues.

No to the second question if you mean this shotgun:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-shotguns-and-grenade-launchers/franchi-tactical.htm#.VWszE9m9LTo

The Maruzen M1100 is a gas operated shell ejecting shotgun. A lot of fun but very impractical unless you hire someone to pick up your shells for you. The ASG is just a regular single shot spring shotgun. Nothing special - just very cheap. The fourteen shot shells are also very poor quality. This is very much a CQB gun though it has the same heavy pump as a trishot making it pretty pointless really. That said it is very light so makes a great secondary weapon.

Edit: Elaborated a bit more.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.