Building the "Sweetest" DMR?

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, I feel building a polarstar DMR would be a bit of a waste of money, but I am all for a HPA setup. There is a polish site called mancraft offering a semi auto HPA system for about £160. From what I have seen this is as consitant as a polarstar (amped airsoft video on youtube I think), just with the right regulator and is dead silent too.

If you are looking for a DMR base then I would definatly recommend the A&K SR25 - a great body to build from. A tip would be to look at some polish sites to find it as last time I saw you could get it for £160. Combined with a scope, and harris type bipod you have the externals done. Another plus is the rails as they allow you to lock down the outer barrel. It is the gun used in this thread: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/892-holy-grail-building-your-dmr-aeg.html

Once you have got the A&K SR25 and installed the mancraft engine, you only have the hop system left to go. Firstly, you don't need to spend a fortune for a great hop unit, I would recomend the lonex. Seondly the bucking, again I would go for the lonex 70d bucking as in my opinion it does the job better than any other bucking.

Now this is were it gets complicated, you could go full out with ER hop's, LBR mod and PDI barrels, but in the most part these are for those who are trying to squeeze every liitle bit of peformance out of there DMR and are very difficult to install, however the peformance is phenominal (e.g. headshots at 300ft +). You proberbly don't want to go down this road.

What I would reccomend is a Promithius 6.20 inner barrel, it uses an extend flat hop hop system and an wide bore, it is also relitivly cost effective (don't use the bucking it comes with, just flat hop the lonex). A HSA barrel stabilising kit, very easy to install drop in upgrade and EM nub for the flat hop.

This would result in great peformance, with only very easy modifications needed and the build is quite cheap, this is an estimated build total:

Mancraft HPA system £160

A&K SR25 £150

Lonex chamber and bucking £20

Promithius 6.20 barrel £35

HSA EM nub and BSK £20

Nuprol 0.43g BB's - watch out you will get insane joule creep.

Total: £400 - The price of a polarstar engine.

Of course you need a reg and tank - for this I recomend a ninja SPL tank and a ninja regulator (import these from america)

Also if you wanted to go down the route which involves heavy modding, contact me as I can do all of it.

Hope this helps,

Charlie.

Thanks for the lengthy reply :) TBH this is all new territory for me. I don't want to say i'm made of money but I'm happy to spend whatever it takes to build not only a top performing gun but a reliable one too! The only people I've spoken too about this off the forum have P* settups and ALL love them to bits! however if there's an alternative that is better (Even if it cost more) I'll happily investigate it! Likewise if it costs less then again I won't pass it over :)

One thing I will say is I have no care in the world what the thing looks like! From spending the last 5+ months with my VSR I think i'd like to go down the low weight (I never use a bipod) route. If you haven't seen the video I have linked to then here's the gun that I sort of have a "Gun crush" on lol

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-24%20at%2016.07.

Ok thats fine, if you want to go all out here is what you want to buy:

Orga Magnus 6.23 inner barrel

HSA ER HOP + EM NUB (get a good tech to install these) (Use 0.36-43g BB's)

Promithius perfect hop chamber

Promithius hard bucking

Speed trigger

HSA barrel stabilising kit

Polarstar red nossle

Redline airsoft poppet shim set.

This guy knows what he is doing, have a look at his build:

• 5 months later...

Right, Time to necro this topic, My P* project has begun, I have a new P* Jack installed into a G&P shell with a Flat blade Speed triger. Amped IGL out of the grip (At the moment). VOLTR/Magpul Receiver, Magpul Grip and Stock (Will be replaced) a Madbull 14.5" outer barrel, Spikes Tactical 12" rail, Prowin hop.... So far! My next part will be the inner barrel/hop rubber. I'm thinking 6.23 Orga Magnus or a 4.07 Miracle barrel? Which would be the best option? BTW, I'm looking at flat hopping the nub so probably a Prommy setup?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as it's nearly Christmas I decided to throw some more money at this project. TBH for the moment it's finished!

Current Settup:

Magpul VLTOR receiver, Magpul Grip and Stock, Spikes 12" Tactical Rail, Madbull DD 14.5" Outer barrel and OSS Supressor, P* Jack with Amped IGL, Blade SPEED trigger in a G&P Gearbox. Orga Magnus 6.23 445mm Barrel, Prommy Purple Rubber flat hopped with a Namazu nub in a Prowin Hop chamber. So far i've only set the thing up for use with .3's. I need to test properly before I start mentioning range and accuracy .

17A54BAC-7CD3-4B5F-972C-2570C1176459_zps

You should think about an mk23 with a gspec barrel passed through the suppressor (uping the fps nicely). You can get a stock conversion kit which looks cool and you will have he quietest hit making machine around.

Edit: sorry saw your post. Looks epic!

Already done that ;)

I've just put the Gspec barrel in the MK23, mines a TM. The trigger pull is longer that a GBB but the range is crazy! I used .3's in it stock but I know if you do the biro mod it'll lift heavier too.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.