Guide for pistols

csp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I would like to get a pistol and I am wondering if there is a guide about the brands that are out there for decent pistols, not cheap and not crazy expensive. For example before I got my rifle, I found the top brands and info about them like... Realism, material (metal/plastic), accuracy, fps, origin, etc.

I am looking for something similar on pistols. I am more in favour of realism (metal, blowback) but also robust build.

Thanks in advance.

Before anyone suggests anything I would like to make a point about the material of certain pistols- just because it's plastic, it doesn't mean that the gun's bad. Tokyo Marui (possibly the best GBB pistol manufacturer) mainly make their guns out of plastic, however that's what gives them their amazing gas efficiency.

This is the reason why you shouldn't touch any metal M1911s- the gas reservoir is so small that it is depleted fairly quickly when a metal slide is fitted.

Even though I am new in airsoft, I am aware about Tokyo Marui and their top quality products. But I like to feel the gun heavy on my hand, but that's just me. I think there are brands that can combine quality and metal body, at least at rifles. I have no experience in pistols and that's why this post. It's good to know about the metal/gas relationship on pistols because my rifle is electric.

KWA combines the metal construction and the heavier recoil with decent quality construction. I don't really think anyone else does, We pistols are kind of terrible quality on the whole, KSC is cheaper versions of KWA designs and there isn't a lot else out there.

I was handling the TM M9 this afternoon. I wasnt really conscious of the plastic slide as it felt quite hefty in my hand. I have the TM Smith & Wesson M & P and that is very light in contrast.

Best to look at them in person if you can.

• Root Admin

Aye, once the mag is in the TMs are very much heavy enough. The glocks are realistically weighted and the new M9s have a very heavy chassis that makes them fairly identical to the real weight too.

Try borrowing a TM for a full game and see what you think.

And hey - if you feel like it - then essentially all of the TM range have aftermarket full metal body kits available for them.

As Baz said, go to a shop and try a few. All of my pistols are TM as to my mind they have the best combination of performance and quality. None of them feel insignificant- if you have any concerns about this, just pick up a TM Desert Eagle and tell me what you think!

I did my research and I decided that I want a Beretta M9 pistol. I am between TM M9A1 and KWA M9 PTP.

Does any one have experience with both or any of these guns? Opinions?

TM M9A1

Material: Polymer plastic

FPS: 290

Weight: 961g

Length: 216mm

Rounds: 26

Hopup: Adjustable

KWA M9 PTP

Material: Metal with plastic inner barrel

FPS: 340

Weight: 1060g

Length: 216mm

Rounds: 24

Both have good reviews on internet. For me pros for KWA are the metal body and FPS.

On the other side pros for TM is only the legacy of Tokyo Marui, lacks in FPS but even plastic the weight is very close to the real gun.

EDIT: a third option is Umarex Beretta M9

Material: Full Metal

FPS: 320

Weight: 1072g

Length: 220mm

Rounds: 24

But I have no idea how good are Umarex or not.

I did my research and I decided that I want a Beretta M9 pistol. I am between TM M9A1 and KWA M9 PTP.

Does any one have experience with both or any of these guns? Opinions?

Both have good reviews on internet. For me pros for KWA are the metal body and FPS.

On the other side pros for TM is only the legacy of Tokyo Marui, lacks in FPS but even plastic the weight is very close to the real gun.

I have the older TM M9 which doesn't have the adjustable hop of the M9A1. Yeah its plastic but there is more to it than just TM's good name. Even with the fixed hop I'd wager it shoots as well as the PTP, certainly cycles faster and has a better finish and with more realistic markings than the PTP or Umarex IMHO. It also functions well in cold weather compared to metal slide guns, which is a consideration. I also find TM mags are less prone to gas leaks than other brands.

Yes metal feels colder and a little heavier but I think most would agree the TM wins in every other respect, not only with the M9 but with just about any gbb pistol model.

I have the older TM M9 which doesn't have the adjustable hop of the M9A1. Yeah its plastic but there is more to it than just TM's good name. Even with the fixed hop I'd wager it shoots as well as the PTP, certainly cycles faster and has a better finish and with more realistic markings than the PTP or Umarex IMHO. It also functions well in cold weather compared to metal slide guns, which is a consideration. I also find TM mags are less prone to gas leaks than other brands.

Yes metal feels colder and a little heavier but I think most would agree the TM wins in every other respect, not only with the M9 but with just about any gbb pistol model.

I am really considering the TM but I was wondering is there any way to increase the FPS? I guess you can use a stronger spring but I was reading that would not be enough as the rest of the system would not be able to support for long time a stronger spring, so you have to replace other parts.

• Root Admin

Tigher barrel, more powerful gas, higher output valves, better rocket/floating valve, better hop up rubber, gas routers.

Getting up to 350 with TM can be done if you're willing to fork out, but why bother? FPS matters so little with pistols. Pretty much all TM pistols will handle green gas no problem. I use Guarder power-up in mine and have never had an issue.

TM win frequently with their models because they know their limits (tolorances, if you will) and pick their materials carefully. They use plastic because they know people ultimatey turn to them for performance. If you want it to then be all metal then set £200 aside for aftermarketarts and do it yourself, but many don't feel the need because they just work that well.

Also, "stronger spring"?

Just please avoid gas if you are spending under £150, too much to go wrong with not high enough precision and quality of parts at lower prices. If you are looking to spend less than £100ish get one of the cyma aep line. Very reliable and the magazines are so much cheaper for an aep

Just please avoid gas if you are spending under £150, too much to go wrong with not high enough precision and quality of parts at lower prices. If you are looking to spend less than £100ish get one of the cyma aep line. Very reliable and the magazines are so much cheaper for an aep

Nonsense

Nonsense

Exactly. You can get a TM GBB for much less than £150 which will be all the pistol you'll ever need,

• Root Admin

Nice one. Not quite as popular as the Glock or 1911s but just as good in my opinion (as its TM that shouldn't be much of a surprise). I just wish they'd done an adjustable hop version without the rail.

If you go with green gas and find that it's not firing then look into an upgraded hammer spring. They only cost a couple of quid but fitting them isn't for the faint of heart if you've not done it before. Luckily there are video guides around.

Good man. I have the M9 myself and it's still a joy to use. Next question is what holster to get? I'm a big fan of the Fobus retention ones...

Next question is what holster to get? I'm a big fan of the Fobus retention ones...

That's also my question. I did my research yesterday and I want the G-Code XST RTI Kydex Holster for Beretta M-9 A1 ​but I can't find it in UK. I can still order it from US but the shipping will cost almost as much as the product.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.