Goggles Advice

Endorser

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been wearing mesh goggles now for the last 3 years as they are cheap and easily replaceable, was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent pair of glasses for airsoft that don't have major fogging problems? Im quite flexible with price as long as its not over £60

Thanks

Look at ESS goggles on Ebay, make sure they are real!

Specifically the V12 Advancers, Turbofans and ICE Glasses, keep in mind that military's round the world use ESS goggles!

Bolle glasses are worth a try and they're cheap too. They have an anti fog coating. It is possible for them to fog but usually if it gets hot, a film of moisture forms instead which you can still see through.

Might be abit of a noob question but how do you know that a pair of glasses/goggles will stop a BB?

Its a good question, but not one you couldn't find out on your own.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=european+eye+protection+impact+standards

Note these are the US ratings: (This is just an EXAMPLE)

http://blog.safetyglassesusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ballistic-eyewear-velocity-standards1.jpg

(Source: blog.safetyglassesusa.com/how-to-identify-ballistic-rated-eyewear)

• Supporters

Its a good question, but not one you couldn't find out on your own.

Easy tiger, I'm sure there's things you wouldn't know where to look to find out. It's a perfectly good question.

Lukataylor - All "proper" safety eyewear has to meet minimum impact resistance standards that are set by the relevant authorities in the area of sale. For example the picture posted above sets out quite nicely the standards laid out in the US for safety and ballistic eyewear. The standard that needs to apply for european manufacture is EN166. Look for Medium impact or EN166B (http://safetyspecs.co.uk/BS%20EN%20166.htm). A lot of cheap "safety" eyewear is only rated to EN166 F which is not high enough to resist impacts from 400fps sniper rifles for example. Goggles are usually higher rated than glasses (with the exception of military specific designs such as Bolle Tactical for example).

There is NO standard testing for mesh goggles or glasses. As such you can only really go on recommendation and just not buying cheap crap.

Easy tiger, I'm sure there's things you wouldn't know where to look to find out. It's a perfectly good question.

There are many, almost all those I've asked about here I would count in that, I do always try to find the answers though - of course there was a time that I didn't but theres only so many times people can point you to the search button before you've had enough and ye join their side.

One of the things I really hate about LMGTFY is the "was that so hard", its just so unnecessary, but I don't know of a politer version of the site. And I did answer, the second hit on that google link is the same site you've shared. :)

• Supporters

Shoot em at point blank range with your own gun!

That's fine if you happen to have a 500fps rifle to hand. Otherwise you're only ensuring you can't shoot yourself in the eye and let's face it, if you're doing that you've got more issues than just your eyepro! :)

• Supporters

LOL fair point. To be honest you only get 1 pair of eyes and lots of us spend hundreds on guns but then penny pinch on eye protection which is madness.

Utter, utter madness.

All my regular airsoft eyepro is ESS (a pair of ICE glasses for wandering down to get the gun chrono tested, Profile turbofan goggles for games and V12 Advancers as spares).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.