Bit of advice for a fairly new player

Dr. Evil

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am a fairly new airsofter and have been playing irregularly for about 2 years. I have my own gear but am thinking of getting

a new primary weapon. I want my load out to be Militia/Russian style so am looking for an AK. I have very little knowledge on how

airsoft guns work and what to look for.

I have a budget of about £230, and would like an AK variant with rails (or the capability to add

rails). something that shoots around 350fps and i wont have to worry about it breaking down. If i need to spend more money then let me

know. Suggestions are much appreciated.

If this is too much to ask for with £230 let me know.

Thanks.

• Supporters

Have you looked in the "For Sale" section? Couple of AKs for sale in there

Any cyma AK is well within your budget and have a reputation for being pretty bomb proof. I have one and it's survived everything thrown at it - including being used as a loaner gun on a number of occasions. Only downside is they shoot too hot for most sites (370 or so) so will need a spring downgrade to be used.

Here's one that is railed as per your criteria:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-520-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19

As for the "Russian style" loadout your going to need to be more specific. For a generic modern Russian loadout then: Gorka + Smersh rig is a fairly good base for a Russian look. If you're after a specific look then find a picture of it and use it as a resource for finding matching gear. Be warned, Russian gear isn't cheap in comparison to "regular" Western gear.

For a very cheap loadout then a KZS/KLMK over suit with a chicom chest rig won't set you back more than £50.

Edit: Link added.

Good call from Happy. Great deals available from Taiwangun and lots of accessories too. They will change the spring to reduce the fps if you ask them to do so when you order.

• Supporters

me personally I'd pay a few quid more and get the 028a - the top cover is metal

if the other is like the Spartac ones on GF then the 052 is probably plastic top cover

or if you want more rails n stuff 039c - but dunno about M4 stock

plus 39c battery will be under top cover unlike the others in rear stock

though tbh you might as well get whatever you like and look into replacing top cover with a railed one

or adapt your own cover with rail

that is if you want a 47 - little 74 makes a good little 'un too

My own feeling is they ain't quite as ergonomic as same old M4's

me I can't flick from semi to auto n back again quickly like on M4's if using for cqb/open/cqb areas

but AK's do kick ar$e airsoft wise and cyma's excel in this value for money wise whatever one you get

We organise games set in a former soviet republic setting so SVDs and AKs are our favourite subject.

Personally I have a G&G AK103 with blowback which I love but our rental guns are Cyma and many of the players have bought Cyma.

Inexpensive and strong.

thanks guys! £58 for that gun?!? You sure thats legit??

• Supporters

thanks guys! £58 for that gun?!? You sure thats legit??

yes, its legit. Tawian Gun sell guns to us here from i beleive Poland, and they are WAY cheaper. but you do need to have a UKARA number, and customs inport cost is now cheap either

Since it's from Poland,TG just charge a flat shipping rate (10 euros I think). And you don't need to pay any customs charges since it's in the EU. What you pay Taiwan gun is everything :)

• Supporters

Since it's from Poland,TG just charge a flat shipping rate (10 euros I think). And you don't need to pay any customs charges since it's in the EU. What you pay Taiwan gun is everything :)

Oh that's right; I keep forgetting that I have only ever ordered from Asia, and with Taiwan in the name... Got mixed up

Really great advice guys! Thanks so much! I haven't got my UKARA yet but hope to have it soon. Will defiantly be ordering my airsoft guns from Taiwan Gun.

Just a heads up.

£10.62 UPS Carrier charge for orders under £~300

• Supporters

Just a heads up.

£10.62 UPS Carrier charge for orders under £~300

Still a lot less than it would cost for the same gun bought here though.

I really don't get why people get so wound up by this.

Still a lot less than it would cost for the same gun bought here though.

I really don't get why people get so wound up by this.

Not wound up at all, merely letting people know as i've just purchased from there and that is the rate...

• Supporters

Not wound up at all, merely letting people know as i've just purchased from there and that is the rate...

By "people" I didn't mean you. If you do a quick search of the forum you'll find many a sandy vagina about this subject!

• Supporters

I have an itchy vagina I will admit

GunFire and TWG were free shipping for about 75 Euro orders up to last summer

Always love free shipping - I'm a tight ar$e with a bit of thrush I guess.....

peeps hate changes to their routine and TWG is usually better price wise than GF unless GF have offers

(dunno why GF just don't do the stuff at a middle road price and be done with it)

with Euro rate so good atm I dunno why I'm moaning about a bit of shipping

GF add on a paypal fee - TWG don't

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.