lazy players.

Mtemprell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has any body ever experienced any lazy players that won't get involved with objectives they would rather sit in same spot and shot.

Other week me and mate were in a game where we had to transport a mortar across the site with minimum of 2 people carrying it. We couldn't shot while carrying the mortar but yet there was my mate another player (a rental as well) and me taking it in turns transporting the mortar and provided covering fire. Even after asking a few other players to help no one bothered they'd rather shoot in one spot. Luckily in the end we won the best time just annoying no one was bothered about the objective.

• Supporters

I have found if there is an objective to hold, I will stay around it; if we have to hold a room, I won't try to flank the attackers or anything, just hold the area. But if there's no objective, or it's mobile, I move around quite a bit.

Lazy players annoy me as much as cheaters and the like, if I've paid my game fee I don't want to play a hard game defending and then turn said game around for the other team to not put as much effort into it as we had it kinda makes the game pointless and a has a very demotivating effect on the people that do want to play to keep the game going.

I've come across a lot of lazy players. Usually in games where I'm on the attacking team and the objective in to capture a building/area where the defending team have limited lives and the attacking team have unlimited lives but a time limit in which to capture the objective.

You spend a lot of time shouting for your team to push forward but they just want to squat in one place and they think it's the best thing to do despite it clearly not being the best thing to do.

It's completely up to those players on how they want to spend their time whilst skirmishing but when you want to move on and capture an objective you need your team to do the same.

Every time, airsoft is a quite active 'sport' but also quite nerdy, so there's lots of people who seem to only get exercise moving between their console and fridge!

There's always a bunch of tubby types loitering outside spawn point, fruitlessly emptying hi-caps at the opposition in the distance. Not bothered about people ignoring objectives and just concentrating on shooting the opp, but at least got to be pro-active about that! And always find queues of dithering people pinned down and not wanting to be the first to step out/round and engage.

Such behavior can be frustrating from your own team, but they're all usually much easier than a proactive player to shoot if on the opp team :)

All boils down to luck of the draw and whether you get significantly more lazy players than the opp to make a day bit of a loosing battle/shite. Can be the other way round and have an excellent time kicking lazy butt :)

• Supporters

I found that if I shout loud and tell people what to do instead of asking, they tend to listen. :)

Just point at them and tell them what to do. Be specific about who you are giving the order, and about what to do. Instead of "we need cover" you can say "Want some action? We need to move this mortar, move with us and you cover that way, you cover that way...".

• Supporters

I get that it's annoying but I don't have a huge problem with it. At a milsim then I'd agree but at a normal skirmish people pay to enjoy their day and if that's what they want to do so be it, not everyone is comfortable with getting close in on the action or running around constantly.

If it affects the gameplay too much then the site management should recognise that and change the teams around to sort the issue.

I do understand a lot of people just come to enjoy there self's special at my site as there is a high amount of rentals and first time players. It's just the experienced people that act like their arnold schwarzenegger in action film but then you play and they barely get involved.

You just have to encourage the new players and show them the benefits of moving forward and engaging in the skirmish rather than sitting back.

I've always tried to encourage players forward in a nice way, shouting politely. :lol:

Yes. I dont know if lazy is the right word, but it used to irritate me that if you werent playing in a team of mates, players would just ignore you and what was going on, to follow their own different agenda. I would only do skirmishes in a team now.

• Supporters

I've had at least one day completely ruined because at least half our team would not push up at all. What makes things even worse is them hanging back blocks choke points. As I have had a number of successful games leading groups of players it would suggest the issue is them and not me ;)

I generally don't try and get people to follow plans though because even if you pose it as a suggestion people seem to ignore it. Personally I'm more than happy to follow a plan as long as it isn't someone shouting orders at me.

The thing people have to appreciate is that Airsoft, by and large is a team game so you are ruining other peoples day if you contribute towards them getting steamrolled by the other team. It's probably a bit controversial but I consider being a burden on your team to this extent as bad as cheating as far as how it can effect a day.

Whilst marshals should try and keep the teams fair it's quite often tricky to do in practice when there's reasonably large groups being useless, or playing very well in contrast. I was talking to a mate about this the other day and my train of thought was that you wouldn't want to make a team playing well feel punished for winning by splitting them up.

Winds me up, used to stay back trying to avoid BBs..

Now if we have an objective and unlimited respawns im all about the attack. Like I mentioned somewhere else there is no Kill Death Ratio, it does not matter how many times you get hit, just win the frigging match!!

I was at the Mall on sunday, they had a showcase game for half an hour, suppodsedly in their new site next door but it was not ready GRRRR so we were in C&A. The enemy team on the top level, us on the bottom defending a cone with a light on. Only ONE player came down a level to attempt to see a defender or reach the objective..

Totally pointless. Half an hour with them watching the top of the stairs and escalator and us guarding the bottom... Me and my pal tried rushing up the stairs and escalator once or twice but just got cut down..

A waste of half an hour and £7.50 in honesty...

I understand if your old, tired, less able etc. Sitting out on a round or hanging about in the spawn if you need to, but playing the game like team death match trying your hardest to hide and avoid BBs kinda defeats the purpose and the spirit of the game and the hard work the site and marshalls have put in to make the objective type games seem fun.

You just have to encourage the new players and show them the benefits of moving forward and engaging in the skirmish rather than sitting back.

I've always tried to encourage players forward in a nice way, shouting politely. :lol:

Its all about confidence, if you look/act/sound like you know what your doing, people will tend to follow and listen. I do this now. Try to grab a few players near me to join in an attack or give some standing around aimlessly a bit of guidance, even if its watching another approach to actually protect my ass its still helping and actually getting others involved rather than scratching their butts!!

When I started skirmishing I used to go alone, but I learnt very quickly to be open with experienced players and tag along with them to improve my game. I've never been one for just sitting back and I will also charge in to a room if we have unlimited re-spawns in an attempt to win a game.

• Supporters

I dont think lazy is the right term for people like that but I am unsure of what term you can use without being insulting.

I agree people have a right to play how they want its their day aswell but you have to ask yourself why would you play an active game thats based on team play if you want to hang around doing nothing to help your team.

What really bugs me is people who go to a cqb site and dont push cqb is meant to be a fast aggressive game not hiding in doorways or 10ft from the spawn.

New players aren't the worst as someone mentioned earlier. Its the people who turn up wearing a load of body armour or all the camo gear and act like they are some sort of off duty SAS super soldier.

They hang around at the back shouting go go go but never seem to get involved and then you hearing them in the safe zone bragging about how many kills they got and offering tactical advice to people.

Cod has a lot to answer for.

It only annoys me when the majority of my team do it. If the opposition want to do it then all power to them for giving us an easy win.

Saying that I have been accused of being lazy when I run my sniper rifle. I obviously keep forgetting how brilliant an assault weapon it is...

Unfortunately he has a point they've paid so its their choice what they do with their day. We are all different.

Indeed they have and yes we are all different, but some of them do make good cannon fodder!! :D

• Supporters

I'm no skilled player but I will have a go and assault - usually trying to go wide than just run in a straight line at 'em

sometimes you are pinned down and get the gobby one at the back shouting push up......

ffs dickhead - you push wide or figure out a flank or something coz this ain't working in my book atm

The thing though that pi$$es me off the most is you rushing back n forth - killed/respawn/killed/respawn

and you see the same 3 or 4 people still f*cking chatting about corned beef, last nights telly, ooh where did you buy that grip/sight

Ergh guys - not being funny but that aeg ya holding if you could perhaps display it towards the enemy maybe

and just now n then squeeze a few shots off - if you feel up to it maybe just maybe if you can perhaps

JOIN IN THE F*CKING GAME !!!!!

yup now n then I might slope off for a smoke or reload or visit safe zone but ffs I try n pick my moment

(usually I'm out of game on limited lives etc.....)

But all games are different, players are different, In no skilled player but guys chat when round/game is over

You've worked out the name of the game is pointing the gun at people and pulling the trigger rather than wagging the chin, skilled enough lol!

Yer can't just shout push up from the back, I usually barge my way to the front and ask them to try avenge my impending death. Or sneak off for a cheeky flank if no-ones looking.

• Supporters

Well its just down to people being afraid of getting shot most of the time i think the best solution would be for the marshals to put one in the chest of every player at the start of the day so they know its not that bad.

Its not the new players though its always the ones who have all the Gucci gear and think they are AIRSOFT SPECIAL FORCES.

They should already know what it feels like.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.