spring help

Robbi3b

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

The power. I believe a m90 will be around 330 FPS, an m100 350?

• Supporters

the guide is that a M100 = 100 metres per second or 328fps

therefore a m90 is supposed to be 90% of 328 = 295fps......

However - spring performance can vary from different manufactures - often a m100 is a smidge more...

SHS m100's many have squeezed 350+ from it but then again it depends on good seals and more importantly good assembly

Element do springs in m5 gradients so you can get m90, m95, m100, m105, m110, m115

in fairness I think an Element m105 is about same as shs m100

All springs lose tension - especially if parked half cocked/spring compressed for a while

snipers usually find they lose at least 10% in a few months and often change springs frequently to maintain max fps

depending on site limits and your gun most here will run with m95 m100 m105 but all guns are slightly different

if a gun has so-so seals or bad seal on hop many may use a m110 - normally a bit too much to compensate for any leak/drop

• Supporters

I stand corrected. Thanks for clarifying Duck. Never had to change a spring before, so I guess I was one spring off

I'm looking at getting a G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Raider L DST (Tan)it fires 320 fps from the box but comes with the option of either spring's so was wondering if it is worth getting one fitted note our wait till the fps drops first

320 is enough for most situations. By increasing the spring pressure to around 350 you are only going to get a bb on target small fractions of a second quicker than at 320. FPS doesn't really have any effect on range, it's mostly how your hop is set for your ammo of choice. Also, if you get too close to 350 you risk going over and most sites now will not let you use a gun running at even 351, so sticking to the lower rated spring has benefits. If it settles in after a while and starts to drop FPS then that's the time to look at getting it changed.

• Supporters

Some sites stick to 328 - think Mall in Reading is 328 - absolute max they allow you to scrape by with is 340

so 350 would be too hot

FPS as RR01 said don't mean or guarantee range - that 5% to 10% means jack if your gun is setup badly

eg: Tokyo Marui often fire at 300 but will kick most gun's ar$e out of the box

I'm looking at getting a G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Raider L DST (Tan)it fires 320 fps from the box but comes with the option of either spring's so was wondering if it is worth getting one fitted note our wait till the fps drops first

Buy gun - most will shoot at around 320 to 330 out of box - so in effect they come with a stock m100-ish spring

6 months down the line if you notice spring/seal decrease, then pay for service, new seals, regrease, new spring etc....

or pay for new spring now - and in 6 months time still notice you still may need a service

G&G CM rifles are pretty good OOTB, so you should not really need to do anything much to it. If after playing with it for a few months you find that it's not getting quite the range or accuracy of others you are playing with (or against) then that it the time to look at upgrading the hop unit, hop rubber (bucking) or the hop nub. But even then you might not get exactly what you want, as two identical guns can give different results using the same "upgrade" parts. It's mostly a case of trial and error to see what works best for your setup.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.