AEG performance on semi auto

Esoterick

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've been ignoring how my G&P Stoner MK23/M63A1 LMG behaves on semi auto for a while now and figured I should kinda not do that.

What's happening is on semi it either fires in full auto or depressing the trigger does nothing. I'm pretty terrible when it comes to internals so i'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know if there's a common cause for this happening?

I had also toyed with the idea of getting a front wired MOSFET fitted but i'm not sure if this is possible given that the box mag winder is engaged when the trigger is pulled.

To be honest if it's minor I will just ignore it as the performance on full auto is great and I mainly fire a couple of shots on semi at the end of the day or to get the gun chronoed.

• Supporters

Does the trigger spring back after letting go or does that stick too?

It sticks a bit yeah, there's a weird resistance when it does it but the trigger does reset when released. Originally I noticed the issue when playing at a site where you have to use semi auto around a specific building. I figured it was just firing too fast on semi it didn't like, but up until then it was something i'd only read about as my HK416 will basically fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.

• Supporters

at a rough rough first guess it sounds like cut off lever problem....

very likely the spring on the cut off lever may be weak/w@nked missing

or the operation of the lever is sticking and not returning 101%

hence you may be getting the dead zone where lever is still slightly up and switch/trigger won't engage properly

the full auto is likely to be where the lever is stuck further up - just like on full auto

cut off lever sticking or spring crap is my guess

hopefully not cut off lever itself - might be an easy external gearbox fix with new spring and dab of silicone to free it up if sticking

at a rough rough first guess it sounds like cut off lever problem....

very likely the spring on the cut off lever may be weak/w@nked missing

or the operation of the lever is sticking and not returning 101%

hence you may be getting the dead zone where lever is still slightly up and switch/trigger won't engage properly

the full auto is likely to be where the lever is stuck further up - just like on full auto

cut off lever sticking or spring crap is my guess

hopefully not cut off lever itself - might be an easy external gearbox fix with new spring and dab of silicone to free it up if sticking

+1 to this.

How old is the gun? Could possible the contact have worn down and caused a burr making it stick a little long than it should but check your springs first.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.