mp5 rewiring

Robbi3b

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

baby mp5k's use v3 gearbox (long motors/no motor cage/frame) and so wiring is external - easy

most "normal" mp5's use v2 boxes so if front wired then you may have to open up box & re-route through gearbox for rear

and was calling the gun baby - not the OP btw

• Supporters

Hi

It depends on what MP5 you have mate as in what version and what manufacturer?

My MP5 A5 was originally a solid stock MP5 made by G&G but when i was at the shop buying it i requested if they could give me the retractable stock instead and so they did (Awesome Service BTW from Airsoft Zone, Romford).

In short yes you can, most MP5s come with V2 gearboxes and they normally have two wire entrances, at the front just above the trigger and at the rear just behind and below the spring guide.

Even though mine was front wired G&G still had the wires coming out the rear and then channelling the wires down the upper receiver towards the front through a small hole into the front handguard.

If yours is already rear wired like mine was, it will be much easier for you to just buy the required stock, take the gun apart, and move the wires where you want them, put the gun back together and hey presto done.

If its front wired it will mean opening your gearbox, possibly de-soldering and re-soldering the wires from the trigger contacts before putting it back together again.

As a side note, may i ask why you want it rear wired instead? just out of interest.

• Supporters

There "might" be room to re-run it externally on box but inside receiver as long as wire isn't too thick

but really depends on what you find once you open her up

cheers for G&G mp5 info - there might be a chance it could be easier than I first thought

my experience has only so far been with a few Galaxy's Mp5k & mp5m

Cheers guys it's a src mp5, shizbazki I want it rear wired as I'm going to try and make a front hand guard and at the moment that's where the battery sits I'd prefer not to have to remove and fit every time I use the gun. :-)

• Supporters

Ok, if its a front wired SRC you are going to have to open the gun up, have a look and see how the wires (not the motor ones) leave the gearbox, do they leave from the front or the back?

If they leave from the back then half your job is done, all you have to do then is just rewire it to the rear by not feeding it to the front, close the gun, power it up and test it.

If the wires leave the gearbox from the front however you are going to need to open the gearbox, take out the trigger contacts, desolder the wires from the contacts, re-position them on the contacts and solder them back on, close the gearbox, put the gun back together and test it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.