ICS CXP HOG AEG

Herv

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey All,

Im pretty new at Airsoft and am going to my first game on Sunday. I know a bit about UKARA but being inquisitive I have been looking at guns.

I saw the new ICS CXP HOG which looks pretty epic, a bit shorter but could be made into a beast.

Has anyone heard whether it is any decent, good reviews? I hardly see any YouTube reviews.

The problem is, it says 395fps - but the field closest to me has a limit to 300fps.

The gun is already pretty expensive at £319, but after all the upgrades and spring kits bought it may look like £400?

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/~ftpzone/ICS-CXP-HOG-MAN.pdf

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-cxp-hog-tan-rear-wired-airsoft-gun-aeg

• Supporters

Oh man... Well, it depends... The cost of upgrades varies tremendously. I would look at decreasing the FPS by changing the spring, maybe to a M90 or M100, as that is really high. That's not too expensive to do. After that, it depends upon the user. My MP7 is quite costly, mostly due to what I have on it's including a £500 Eotech 552. But you could get a replica for around £20... So it depends on what you want.

But the gun looks good; ICS make good guns.

Internally it'll be identical to any of the newer model ICS TransforM4 guns, so look for reviews of those! It's only the externals that change.

It's pretty much the same as this: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-transform4-cxpuk1-ebb-aeg--new-low-price internally.

Even if it comes in hot, the beauty of ICS guns is how easy it is to downgrade the spring. The gearbox is split in two, so all you need to do is take out the upper to change the spring. Or buy a whole second upper gearbox and downgrade that, so you can swap between FPS in seconds for indoor or woodland.

Ahh I see, thank you for replying guys. The website says 100m/s / 320-350fps surely that will be better?

Just itching to spend that as the gun looks beasty.

That's a pretty expensive sight ahah!

I'll have a looks at the reviews :)

• Supporters

One point; don't get anything until you have a UKARA number. It would be a sin to two tone that gun.

Don't worry, buying a £300 gun to have it painted bright colours seems so painful!!

• 8 months later...

Hi Herv!

I'm literally getting my site membership tomorrow, which will then enable me to get a gun from my local airsoft shop and I'm SO tempted to get the ICS HOG! Either that or the new versions of the Transform4 where the battery compartment is at the back!

What do you think of the HOG if you got it in the end? Let me know ASAP! Only one day to go!

• Head Moderator

I'm literally getting my site membership tomorrow, which will then enable me to get a gun from my local airsoft shop

If you are getting UCAP membership, you may have to wait until next week to get the gun. Handed in my paperwork at the Bunker on a Wednesday and the membership card came in the post on the Saturday, without the membership number could not get my RIF from Combat South.

Hello! I didn't get the gun in the end, I bought a KRISS VECTOR, a TM M870 Breacher and a TM Recoil instead haha!

Hi Herv!

I'm literally getting my site membership tomorrow, which will then enable me to get a gun from my local airsoft shop and I'm SO tempted to get the ICS HOG! Either that or the new versions of the Transform4 where the battery compartment is at the back!

What do you think of the HOG if you got it in the end? Let me know ASAP! Only one day to go!

I got the ICS-CXP-HOG, In the UK it comes with a M100 spring rather than M120 so it's around about 328fps. I clocked 324fps. (Bought from fire support)

The CXP was my first own AEG, its mint in my eyes, but as I say its my first AEG.

One problem... Fires twice, in semi and sometimes fully auto in semi. As it says on the ICS website, you can use a 11.1v LiPo, but this is for the M120 spring. I bought two 11.1v's then got an email from ICS saying that I should use 7.4v's. The problem above stops after about half an hour, kind of like the battery is just too much for it to handle. Be aware of this if purchasing! 7.4v's on payday!

Hopefully going to be upgrading bits soon so will probably start a thread for anyone interested!

• Moderators

funny my first was the CXP-UK1, I say first as no.2 may arrive at the weekend,, but i did handle the HOG, only chose the UK! due to a little longer and it was rear wired at the time, similar with mine occasionally, as in very occasionally fires twice on semi, i am using 7.4 lipos.....coming out at 320....then 300 :(....but its still new and prob not had a thousand through it yet....I don't waste my bb's! haha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.