The most Advanced Airsoft Grenade in the World!

MAS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

We'll paint it green ;)

Keep mine black :)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should add...

The diameter and length can be reduced somewhat it's 106mm tall by 67mm wide.. Perhaps someone could tell me if that fits most pouches you have?

• Supporters

I should add...

The diameter and length can be reduced somewhat it's 106mm tall by 67mm wide.. Perhaps someone could tell me if that fits most pouches you have?

That would fit my Viper grenade pouch, quite well actually. However, that won't fit 40mm grenade pouches; too wide.

Fab concept, looking forward demo. Will be backing ASAP.

We'll paint it green ;)

Noo. Will make them a nightmare to find in vegetation. And let's be realistic, it's still going to look funky.

My personal preference would to go all out with the neon pink for visibility, but that may be a little extreme.

Would you be able to machine out a through hole, offset to the side of the main body? Currently there's not a whole lot to anchor too, and would be nice to be able to run a wire loop through it to clip to. I'm only thinking a 3/4mm diameter.

I also second the blank situation, primers are simply too good a value for money. (Those Cheddites especially)

I'm of the opinion that the matched charger is more faff than it's worth. Theft really isn't an issue, and anyone scummy enough to do so probably won't know about it's existence in the first place.

Loosing the ability to power from 12v(?) straight up, obviously still with the proprietary connector, and use shared/site chargers, far offsets the benefits.

Noo. Will make them a nightmare to find in vegetation. And let's be realistic, it's still going to look funky.

My personal preference would to go all out with the neon pink for visibility, but that may be a little extreme.

Would you be able to machine out a through hole, offset to the side of the main body? Currently there's not a whole lot to anchor too, and would be nice to be able to run a wire loop through it to clip to. I'm only thinking a 3/4mm diameter.

I also second the blank situation, primers are simply too good a value for money. (Those Cheddites especially)

I'm of the opinion that the matched charger is more faff than it's worth. Theft really isn't an issue, and anyone scummy enough to do so probably won't know about it's existence in the first place.

Loosing the ability to power from 12v(?) straight up, obviously still with the proprietary connector, and use shared/site chargers, far offsets the benefits.

The charger needs to be smart anyway because it's got to handle the updates, we can make this security feature and option to turn off.

Of course I was joking about painting it green!

We won't put a hole in the body but we can make a part that goes on one of the bolts with a hole so you can clip it to something. This was something we'd already planned to do so hopefully it should do what you need.

I have decided, as soon as it changes from flexible to fixed funding you will find me on your indigogo order sheet!

While i'd normally be right there with you for this in principle, its not really like that with pre order crowd funding as all they're after normally is enough capital for minimum volume orders with their manufacturers.

OP - can these survive being dropped 2-3 metre onto concrete?

The developer could put in a special distress beacon just for you - starts wailing if not collected after 20 minutes.

OP - if you release better versions of this product in the future, considering you're doing a registration system have you considered any kind of customer loyalty/IGG backer reward so people can acquire product upgrades slightly cheaper, perhaps such as this:

Say for example after the V1 you make the V2a, V2b, V2c etc, you could offer 15% off your first purchased V2 for every V1 you own.

If you'd that I'd back and I'm too new to the hobby to even operate a BFG. I wont need any for months hehe.

• Supporters

I should add...

FYI its only 7mm wider then a dynatex BFG, though most BFG's are 40mm

While i'd normally be right there with you for this in principle, its not really like that with pre order crowd funding as all they're after normally is enough capital for minimum volume orders with their manufacturers.

OP - can these survive being dropped 2-3 metre onto concrete?

The developer could put in a special distress beacon just for you - starts wailing if not collected after 20 minutes.

OP - if you release better versions of this product in the future, considering you're doing a registration system have you considered any kind of customer loyalty/IGG backer reward so people can acquire product upgrades slightly cheaper, perhaps such as this:

Say for example after the V1 you make the V2a, V2b, V2c etc, you could offer 15% off your first purchased V2 for every V1 you own.

If you'd that I'd back and I'm too new to the hobby to even operate a BFG. I wont need any for months hehe.

Yes, 2-3 metres on concrete won't be an issue, the electronics are very light and the LiPo is also very small and well padded.

This version of the grenade has all the hardware required for a vast amount of features which can all be added in the firmware updates.

We are really only covering costs on 100 grenades at this price so to offer a discount on any further products isn't going to make a lot of sense.. We do intend and new versions to allow parts from this version to be used with it. Unless there are some radical design changes which is unlikely.

We can write it so you can set the duration when the grenade starts 'screaming', it currently flashes every three seconds after use.

FYI its only 7mm wider then a dynatex BFG, though most BFG's are 40mm

We can make it 7mm narrower if it's what people want.. 40mm isn't achievable at this length unfortunately.

Your community interaction is great!

Yes, 2-3 metres on concrete won't be an issue, the electronics are very light and the LiPo is also very small and well padded.

It's good that you said replacements of all component will be available, would the shell sustain this too? Have you tested this drop endurance at temperature extremes?

Also, is there a safety?

To turn on the grenade you need to hold down the button for 1 whole second.. At this point the 10 second off timer starts counting.

The button then needs to be pressed again to cycle through the delay time for that mode and must pass zero..

Once the seconds are set, you need to hold down the button again until the number selected starts flashing... When released the countdown will start (timer grenade mode) or it will arm in other modes.

So, to accidentally set it off is very hard as you have three simple stages

1. Press and hold to turn on then release (Will time out after 10 seconds)

2. Press for number of seconds (Will time out after 10 seconds)

3. Hold until flashing and release

In any mode other than countdown grenade you can press the button to cancel and with a three second stabilisation period for mine modes this should give you plenty of time.

• Supporters

Looks good but that the "press and hold" process while safe does seem to be quite long. I'm just thinking that in the sort of scenarios I would want to use one (CQB room clearing) that I'd want to go from pouch to deployed in a lot less time.

Looks good but that the "press and hold" process while safe does seem to be quite long. I'm just thinking that in the sort of scenarios I would want to use one (CQB room clearing) that I'd want to go from pouch to deployed in a lot less time.

How about three quick presses, then hold... When you release its armed?

How about three quick presses, then hold... When you release its armed?

And to be fair, you could actually set it while everyone was getting in position to take the room. I see people stood holding grenades all the time waiting for everyone else.

Do these items have unique identification numbers somewhere (permanent - eg etched) accessible - maybe inside (but not on the removable base plate)? To determine absolute ownership. A product number inside the shell perhaps?

I am new to airsoft so i'm afraid I do not know whether I am in the market for a BFG, yours will RRP £70, how much do they normally cost?

I prefer the aesthetics of flash bangs to fragmentation tbh - any plans to make others?

• Supporters

And to be fair, you could actually set it while everyone was getting in position to take the room. I see people stood holding grenades all the time waiting for everyone else.

True, but then I am leet dynamic ninja! :D

The three quick presses sounds better. Must say that the lack of pins and or spoon is great (nothing to lose).

Do these items have unique identification numbers somewhere (permanent - eg etched) accessible - maybe inside (but not on the removable base plate)? To determine absolute ownership. A product number inside the shell perhaps?

Something simple like: <Version(1a/2b)>.<production batch(0xx)>.<serial number(0xx)>.

I am new to airsoft so i'm afraid I do not know whether I am in the market for a BFG, yours will RRP £70, how much do they normally cost?

I prefer the aesthetics of flash bangs to fragmentation tbh - any plans to make others?

Yes, there is a serial number on the side of the 7 Segment display unique to that grenade.

That's around the same as the others but.. Are the others a Tilt Mine, Trip Mine, Settable countdown grenade and Impact grenade...

Also, can you set them off with a RIS mounted IR laser (Not really a Laser but focused IR LED with about 75m range)

The answer is of course no... You're not getting the same thing at all here.

True, but then I am leet dynamic ninja! :D

The three quick presses sounds better. Must say that the lack of pins and or spoon is great (nothing to lose).

We can include this as an option in the extended setup menu.

• Supporters

I'm just waiting in a few more pounds to add my name to that pot; don't think we need to worry about reaching that quota...

Dwell time on the completion of the countdown is a tad long (2.5 seconds by my count), any reason for that?

Archived