The most Advanced Airsoft Grenade in the World!

MAS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So it's decided!

I will do three bases, Proprietary, Primer and Blank..

The Kickstarter project will run for 60 days, in that time there isn't a great amount left to do so I will design and develop the Primer base first. Of course both Primer and Blank bases will be very similar other than the size of the preload.

This is what it's all about, everyone coming together and making something great. :D

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I'll jump on the bandwagon...

Ok guys, some interesting developments with Kickstarter..

They have declined to host this project as it's too close to being a weapon! Which is of course crazy because it's not actually a weapon at all and isn't even a replica of a weapon....

• Kickstarter Staff
    Mon, May 4 2015 4:52 PM BST

Hi,

Thanks for bringing that project to our attention. Unfortunately, I can't grant your project exception.

If there’s another way to approach this project so it’s a better fit — or if you have a great idea in the future — feel free to resubmit. We’ll be happy to take another look.

Best,
    Graham
    Kickstarter

• APPEAL
    MAS_LOGO.original.png?v=1427904459&w=40&
    Molyneux Advanced Systems
    Mon, May 4 2015 4:41 PM BST

Hi,

I have found this project which has been approved, it is clearly an airsoft weapon turret!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1107741415/piturret…

How is it that you can approve something that actually fires projectiles at other people but not my device that make a small percussive sound?

This makes not sense to me as my project is Not a weapon, nor is it a replica of a weapon and does not violate your rules!

Please could you reconsider.

• staff_small-1918070620c01776f3975c1577dc
    Kickstarter Staff
    Mon, May 4 2015 4:11 PM BST

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your project with us.

All projects must fit into one of our 15 categories and abide by our rules. (https://www.kickstarter.com/rules/). Weapons, replicas of weapons, and weapon accessories are not permitted on Kickstarter.

You can view a list of our prohibited items to learn more. (https://www.kickstarter.com/rules/prohibited)

If there’s another way to present this project that doesn’t include offering an item that’s prohibited on Kickstarter, feel free to revise your project. We’d be happy to take another look.

Best,
    Graham
    Kickstarter

Anyway, as you can see I've appealed and they refused so I will just set up a web page with the video being on youtube and a Pre-Order button.

I only need 100 grenade orders for manufacture which I have no doubt I will get considering the interest I've had already from you guys and other places.

I will set the same timescale with the factory order being the 1st of August.

Is everyone happy with that?

Payment will be through PayPal so you will have buyer protection of course.

Interestingly

Kickstarter Support (Kickstarter)

May 4, 13:50

Hi ,

Thanks for writing in. We disallow projects on the site related to airsoft sports or paintball, so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
Kickstarter

So, this is what will happen.

I will move the video to YouTube and create a page for the product allowing Pre-Ordering through a PayPal link.

I will set this up tonight and people can start to Pre-Order between now and the 1st or August when I will place the order with the factory, you can expect delivery within 2-3 weeks from then so before the end of August.

Between now and then I will design a Primer base which will be supplied to all Pre-Order customers at cost Wholesale price.

If you have Pre-Ordered and you have any suggestions to improve the product then I will make these changes prior to production, so you get a chance to work with me on the development.

• Supporters

I'm just doing it now! :)

That all sound great, I'll place an order as soon as I can. However, I do have a question (which anyone can answer). What's the difference between the different bases; I believe you said it was proprietary, primer, and blank? And what would be the cost difference between the three?

That all sound great, I'll place an order as soon as I can. However, I do have a question (which anyone can answer). What's the difference between the different bases; I believe you said it was proprietary, primer, and blank? And what would be the cost difference between the three?

Proprietary base will take cartridges specially made for the grenade, not like a standard 9mm or .209. The primer base will take normal shotgun primers (.209) and the blank base would be aimed at taking .22 or 9mm blanks etc.

For cost difference just read the first page of the thread

• Supporters

Proprietary base will take cartridges specially made for the grenade, not like a standard 9mm or .209. The primer base will take normal shotgun primers (.209) and the blank base would be aimed at taking .22 or 9mm blanks etc.

For cost difference just read the first page of the thread

Thanks

• Supporters

"Flexible Funding: This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal."

No offence but this puts me off

• Supporters

Lets get her going then

I've tried to change that but I can't seem to do it, I will email them and as them to change it... I actually like the 'All or nothing' option but I only need 100 grenade orders and I'm pitching this to the world!

The end date is the 3rd of July so that's when the order will go through to the factory and PCB manufacturer.

You will expect delivery for the beginning of August as we will need time to assemble and program the grenades.

I have sent them an email requesting the change from flexible to fixed as it's not giving the option to change it and I don't know why.

The end date is the 3rd of July so that's when the order will go through to the factory and PCB manufacturer.

You will expect delivery for the beginning of August as we will need time to assemble and program the grenades.

I have sent them an email requesting the change from flexible to fixed as it's not giving the option to change it and I don't know why.

Should post this over on Arnies forum, Should get you a more global audience.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/

signed up for the donation, looking forward to it.

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10120]

We could not find the validation request you are attempting to verify. This is likely because you have already validated your account, or an administrator has validated your account for you. Please try to login with your registration details now.

Need Help?

Archived