The most Advanced Airsoft Grenade in the World!

MAS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I am about to release a re-usable Airsoft grenade to rival none.

This product is going live on Kickstarter within the next week and I would love to get some feedback from you guys and perhaps if you are interested then you might like to follow it's progress.

The first people to get one will be helping me to develop it further and improve it's features and functionality as it can be upgraded via USB.

Here is the draft Kickstarter Promo Video and my facebook page where you can see progress of the products development.

https://www.kickstar...?token=4b969eef

www.facebook.com/molyneux.systems

This is very exciting and I would love to have your questions and feedback.

UPDATE.....

Just for everyone coming straight to this first post... Kickstarter refused the project because it's too 'Weapon' like so I've gone with INDIGOGO thanks to sp00n for that that suggestion.

http://igg.me/at/InSwJfgK8KU/x/10714810

post-11301-0-80864300-1430737324_thumb.jpg

post-11301-0-05944400-1430737333_thumb.jpg

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see a bit more about how you get to the various features, and how you reload it. I think it would be nice to see how those features are used but I am guessing you are a bit earlier than that in development based on the facebook.

I think my only worry at this stage is the shape, its aesthetically pretty ugly to me. Its looks like its the wrong shape for grenade pouches, its too wide for a smoke pouch and too tall for a ball grenade pouch. I feel a smaller display might be a good idea and even a flush display on the curve of the grenade itself look better and potentially make the shape a bit more pouch friendly. I don't personally get much use out of the TRMR I have since its useless in the mall and is too easy to loose and doesn't work well in woodland. The fact is its heavy and so sites limit throws to under arm and below waist height for safety and that turns out not to be much use to me.

I wish you all the best with the product. I suspect it will sell reasonably well once you show everything working.

Thanks BrightCandle,

It's actually quite small although it's easy to make the main body narrower for the production model.

Selecting the various modes is very easy, I will be shortly posting a video of how that is done on the Facebook page.

How does it work? Does it just make a noise or does it fire BBs out?

Looks like it fires blanks.

This looks very promising, with more info and an actual demonstration of said pyro being used in action, then I will back.

• Supporters

in the kick starter it says you get a number of "cartridges" is that a blank?

how available are these blanks? or will they be propiratory?

is it possible to use say .209 primers?

• Supporters

It's looking good IMO. I'm not sure about having such a large window out the top, as BC said a display in the side would achieve the same thing although I can understand if it would increase the manufacture costs. Having the ability to set the time on it is a great idea and being able to switch from timed to impact mode is another great feature.

However I'm a bit of a technophobe so anything with delicate circuitry and so many parts would make me weary about maintenance and repairs. Hence liking the Dynatec and Ohshi...boom as there is very little to go wrong as it's essentially a weight attached to a firing pin. My only other concerns would be:

How much are you expecting to retail this for ( don't need the figures now but if you understand your competition is priced between £65 and £85, that includes several tried and tested designs and a new multi shot version, you probably have researched the market so just curious how it will stack up)?

What are your explosive charges, how easy will they be to source, are they proprietary? Size wise it looks like it might be a blank but these wouldn't be triggered electronically, basically the same as sp00ns questions.

How quick and simple are the reloads? It looks like your prototype uses magnets to hold on the base. Will this be sufficient especially after impacts.

I've wondered for a while if a silicone sleeve could be made for a bfg to reduce its impact and therefore reduce the amount of damage it sustains when being dropped/thrown.

Hi,

Lots of questions.. I will answer as many as I can..

It's a bang so no BB's

The magnets are very strong and due to the design the direction of force will not cause the base to detach on impact.

The reloads are propitiatory and will vary in loudness from Mk1 to Mk5 so that you can use them for indoor games as well as outdoor games, there will also be smoker reloads.

As for retail, you are looking at £69.99 but the first batch on Kickstarter will be £50. The reloads will be priced at £1 each and are 15mm diameter and 35mm long. so pretty small, light and easy to carry.

There is an IR emitter and reciever so the window is the size it is for a few reasons, also because it has an IR receiver, we are going to supply a small RIS mounted IR sender as an extra so you can arm and detonate remotely.

• Supporters

ooooooo all of this is sounding better and better. Although at £1 a bang you might find it hard getting people parting with cash.

£1 is worst case, it will very much depend on how many people buy grenades to how many we will get manufactured.. We are aiming for 50p

• Supporters

while your product dose sound truly amazing, its the price point of your blanks that will hinder you.

you are competing in market with ohshibooms and dynatex, both which can be bought for your retail price, yet they can run 209 primers ... which can be bought for as little as £8 for a tray of 100, that's 8p per bang.

Please dont think that i am trying to belittle you or your grenade, as it dose sound epic .... if you could get it to run on primers, you would be onto a winner!

• Supporters

actually i want to make my position 100% clear

would i back the kick starter - yes i would

do i have concerns - yes mainly due to the blanks, i would have to find someway of adapting this to use detonators, as in the worst case i could not get the blanks, or maybe incorporate a solenoid and mechanism to use primers. i also have concerns regarding the magnetic plate, can it stay attached when you detonate say a MK5?

would i use it a lot - no if i am honest, i think the most 209 primers i have used in a day was 10, the least being 0 (for 2 months). if i had one off these i would maybe buy a pack off 10 and see how it goes.

• Supporters

£1 is worst case, it will very much depend on how many people buy grenades to how many we will get manufactured.. We are aiming for 50p

The problem is even with 50p it's still significantly more expensive than a normal bfg. You can get shotgun primers for 5p each so even at your aimed price it's still 10 times the cost.

Don't get me wrong I think it looks cool and I'm sure you'll sell some but for me at least, the price per bang is a step too far over the alternatives.

It is possible to produce a separate mechanism which could take those primers but that will need to be an additional later development. This could simply insert inside the base and be solenoid activated.

I think first I will see how people find the features and functionality using the current reloads. I've noticed that generally grenades aren't deployed to often in games, I expect this varies from site to site.

This sounds like an amazing idea, in the long term i can see that it could be cheaper than the current standard mk5's and ball grenades as they cost arround £2-£4

It's a lot more than that.

I'm not just trying to produce a cheaper 'Bang' than the next guy, I've produced 'The Most Advanced Airsoft Grenade in the World'

It's a Countdown grenade, Impact grenade, Tilt mine and IR trip wire mine... And it's got lots of other features...

I think if you use grenades every five seconds and you just want a cheap 'bang' then you get a lump that takes primers, if you want a lot more than that then you get this...

If people like what it does, then I'll look at it taking primers. That makes a lot of sense to me.

• Supporters

Most I have used in a day........ 20x 9mm blanks - 15 in one game on one life, it was a giggle. But it was a special set of circumstances that allowed that to happen which I don't foresee happening in many airsoft locations. On an average day's skirmishing in buildings I would be looking at probably 5 or 6 bangs.

So the difference would be £1.80 in blanks or £6 at your highest estimates, £3 at your lowest for yours. Add on the cost of postage because shipping pyro and blanks costs a bit.

I'm on the look out for a timed BFG as I run an impact and sometimes you just want to use them outside of buildings. Yours looks like a really interesting concept and I'd love to be in a position to support it we'll have to see a bit closer to the time your kickstarter goes live.

So how about interchangeable bases for the different preloads?

Proprietary,primer and blanks?

You could select which you wanted to use based on your preference and other re-usable pyro?

• Supporters

Sorry MAS not trying to burst your bubble, it's a fantastic concept that would be great to see get off the ground. And I really would be interested in getting involved but another thing has just popped into my head, sites and insurance.

I know some sites have a simple policy of not allowing anything to be used unless it has passed some kind of testing or vetting with their insurance. They can be a stickler and it's easier for them to simply say no than to let you use them. It might be worth getting in contact with some of the larger sites and speaking to them direct about your kit. For example Andy over at UCAP, Josh at Gunman, Tom at EAG or whoever it is at ZED, I only know the ones in the south east but I'm sure you get my drift.

The TAG rounds from Russia are a good example, great bit of kit, fantastic idea but the idea of firing a fairly large projectile from a grenade launcher is beyond the pale for most. I know Baz tested one pretty much point blank at someone before they were given the green light at an event he is involved in.

I would hate to spend a load of money on a bit of kit that no sites will let me use. Which was why I only got the Ohshiboom after I had seen a few people using them on site.

• Supporters

So how about interchangeable bases for the different preloads?

Propitiatory, primer and blanks?

You could select which you wanted to use based on your preference and other re-usable pyro?

this :-

acb.jpg

I think have a different base would be ideal. TRMR have that and they are quite popular, then you can use the relevant base whether your inside or outside.

• Supporters

If the option of a primer adapter was in the pipeline I would certainly be more likely to get one. Even if this means using the proprietary ones for a bit and buying the add on later.

• Supporters

If you do it so it uses different bases I would definitely buy a couple. Think you would struggle with the proprietary charge as it would need to be tested then all insurers would need a report and to rewrite their policys for it to be used on sites. Cant see that happening not cost effective for the insurers or sites to sort out.

Archived