LakeDistrict Newbie

Rachael

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new to airsoft and am looking for a local(ish) team or other people from Ulverston/lakes way who like to play too.

I've been once before and now have a gun and combat gear. I'm just looking for other people to play with becuase its not as fun playing on your own and it'd be great fun playing as a team (especially becuase where I played everyone ran off in their own direction like headleds chickens with now plan) :D

Thanks for the map, been looking for something like that for awhile. Bit of a blank spot up here, plus Asparitas game play isn't the best. I'll try out a few.

Thanks, it's a good gun. Got a holographic scope on it too, talk about easy. :)

• Supporters

I absolutely suck at airsoft but still good fun all the same......

If you can't skirmish very often, if you can fire a few shots off in ya garden its still good

Not just talking about just pop shots at some target, there are loads of things you can do.

using cover effectively is not as easy as people think, the experienced players are so damn good they hardly emerge from cover to take you out

When you think you got that sussed - then try shooting with your other hand or peeking left as they say

So as you emerge from cover on your left & shooting left to keep as much as possible behind cover - yeah that is not easy to master

When you watch from the dead zone the pro's finish the game, jeez they are in a different league - they don't move they glide it seems

Those people I watch and try to learn from. Kid myself that I might get anywhere near their level....

I know you get people all pulling in different directions, but reckon if you give it a few visits you and some others will soon put together a little squad

Then you can all learn from each other, strengths/weakness and become more effective as you work as a small group of players trying to acheive objective

Well that's the theory - even then the best players/teams can have bad days when nothing goes right for one reason or other

Remember not to take it tooooooooooooooooooooo seriously - I know you can get all pumped up but it is still a game so try to have "fun" if possible

It is a toy gun - and a load of people "playing" with toy guns, yes some are really nice expensive toy guns all the same

but it ain't the gun, but the player holding it that helps win the game in the end

(and it is just a game - so try not to get stressed too much if it ain't always going to plan)

There aren't too many up your way unfortunately, with it mostly being a national park permission for land can be somewhat tricky to say the least!

Raw War Cumbria *seems* to be dead from what I can tell; all associated links don't go anywhere, and nothing seems to be recent.
Annan looks like it might still be active from their page, even if the website has a very 90's look to it, but their FB page seems to have nothing since 2013, so make of that what you will.

Otherwise, your nearest sites are probably Lancashire/Manchester ways & West Yorkshire, if you have your own transport.

Yeah I suck at cover and all that, thanks for the info :)

annan has a site called section 8 on FB (or a team site) but they are always posting pictures from that site and theres a monthly game (thankfully its not the slack eye safety place) it sounds like a good place! I saw they have a day on the 16th and I'm going to see if I can get onto that one.

I understand why they don't have so many places here now (with the national trust).

Thanks for all the info! I'm going to have a good look on youtube too :)

• Supporters

In terms of pros playing, that I am not. The most "training" I've had was from Rogers Shooting School in Ellijay, Georgia. And that's only been basic stuff over the years. But talking to the military guys that show up the I've learned enough to hold my own in the dark at The Mall. You kinda pick it up, especially if you have one main site you attend; knowing the site can give you a huge advantage over the newbies to the site. Know where good ambush spots are (like the back wall of Peacocks at The Mall), and play smart, and you can have fun and do well at the same time. Oh, and welcome BTW.

• Supporters

In terms of pros playing, that I am not. The most "training" I've had was from Rogers Shooting School in Ellijay, Georgia. And that's only been basic stuff over the years. But talking to the military guys that show up the I've learned enough to hold my own in the dark at The Mall. You kinda pick it up, especially if you have one main site you attend; knowing the site can give you a huge advantage over the newbies to the site. Know where good ambush spots are (like the back wall of Peacocks at The Mall), and play smart, and you can have fun and do well at the same time. Oh, and welcome BTW.

Got to love the back wall of Peacocks its all ways a good place to get a couple of kills, when I shoot the people hiding in it.

• Supporters

Got to love the back wall of Peacocks its all ways a good place to get a couple of kills, when I shoot the people hiding in it.

I held Peacocks alone in the BuildABomb game for 15 minutes back there, with a marshal-confirmed 18 kills, and "greens" coming in from almost all doors :) . Dual wielding my two favorite guns; my 1000 pound TM GBB MP7 (named for both weight, and price) and my customised WE GBB G17. I was in the shadows, and I got at least four people before they even realised someone else was in the room with them. Then the fun began. :D

• Supporters

I held Peacocks alone in the BuildABomb game for 15 minutes back there, with a marshal-confirmed 18 kills, and "greens" coming in from almost all doors :) . Dual wielding my two favorite guns; my 1000 pound TM GBB MP7 (named for both weight, and price) and my customised WE GBB G17. I was in the shadows, and I got at least four people before they even realised someone else was in the room with them. Then the fun began. :D

There must have been some bad players there that day then and cant have been that many people trying either. 18 kills in 15 minutes in peacocks holding it alone sounds off, peacocks is one of the most travelled places in the site you normally would get 18 people in about 2 minutes at most go through there. Also 2 of the 6 entrances allow people to sneak into the back wall easily so cant believe nobody got you out. Me and two people who marshall there couldnt hold out for even 5 minutes against about 12 attackers playing fallback one night in that position. You were either really lucky or exaggerating the 15 minutes. Tm mp7 is not a £1000 pound gun and if it weighed a thousand pounds you wouldnt be carrying it.

• Supporters

There must have been some bad players there that day then and cant have been that many people trying either. 18 kills in 15 minutes in peacocks holding it alone sounds off, peacocks is one of the most travelled places in the site you normally would get 18 people in about 2 minutes at most go through there. Also 2 of the 6 entrances allow people to sneak into the back wall easily so cant believe nobody got you out. Me and two people who marshall there couldnt hold out for even 5 minutes against about 12 attackers playing fallback one night in that position. You were either really lucky or exaggerating the 15 minutes. Tm mp7 is not a £1000 pound gun and if it weighed a thousand pounds you wouldnt be carrying it.

It was the correct time; and the way the site was laid out made it that in that game Peacocks was kinda a dead end, with the bomb in the next room. And by 15 min, I mean I was alone holding it for that time, not necessarily fighting. And yes, there was a group of around 20 renters who didn't seem to know what they were doing, so it could have been them I was facing. But there is no exaggerating. Don't rain on my parade :(

Also, in term of my MP7...

It's due to the attachments. They cost more than the gun, but I only have them due to my partial sponsorship from Safariland. I have long told people that my gear costs more than my guns. Everything but the gun and mags on it is from them. I have a Safariland leg drop holster modified to mount a TMC MP7 mount so I can leg mount it, a Safariland single point sling, 4 mags, the gun itself, a Safariland torch with pressure mount, etc... Oh, and the £500 real-steel Eotech sight I have on it... My, did my eyes light up when the care package I got over April break included that...

Attachments aside, it was a bit of an exaggeration on weight. But it is heavy for such a compact gun.

• Supporters

But I feel we may have derailed this poor lady's thread... So sorry about that Miss...

Haha It's ok, having a Mall layout sounds really cool but I hear that Airsoft in America can be really all out compared to UK. American sites/games sound really good! I'd definetly like to have a few games over there

• Supporters

Let's have no confusion; I am American, but play over here. The Mall is in Reading, here in the UK as well.

• Supporters

Haha It's ok, having a Mall layout sounds really cool but I hear that Airsoft in America can be really all out compared to UK. American sites/games sound really good! I'd definetly like to have a few games over there

Americans like to do everything bigger. There are some massive ex industrial sites over there that look very interesting also there is gamepod which is a massive indoor cqb site. The only problem is americans use med and bang rules. Check youtube loads of videos.

• 3 years later...
  • Head Moderator

Please check the dates on threads before posting. This topic is quite old.

If the topic starter would like this thread reopened, please PM me with a link back to this topic.

This is a general message which helps us speed up forum moderation.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Camhalo2 said:

I live in Ulverston and just wondering what is available in the area, used to do a lot of skirmishes with friends but don’t do much any more, thinking about getting back into it.

Best to make your own New Player or other topic, this one is over 3 years old.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.