Yet another stupid Raider question from me.....

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, so I started playing Airsoft around 6 months or so ago and have properly caught the bug, I have a decent CQB set up and just put the last touches to my outdoor setup.

BUT

As I started playing indoors a lot, Bunker 51, The Mall & Epsom Tunnels. I got used to short range firefights and (being able to) hitting pretty much anything I could see (in theory). So range was never an issue unless I was trying to snipe down the main corridor at the Mall which in my mind is only good for suppressing fire and im much to sneaky to stand there trying to keep peoples heads down...

anyway....

My Combat Raider has been perfect inside, but I have found a new love for woodland play and really want to continue. my Raider has had a ProAirsoft speed upgrade which tinkered with gearbox n has made a great difference.

But I would ideally like more range.... I feel (I may be wrong however) that I am out ranged by better guns (I know my starting platform is just that, a starters gun). And to be fair I have the shorter barrel version as it was mostly for indoors.

So:

A) Should I put it in the shop for more tinkering and magic?

B) Attempt to upgrade some parts myself

C) Bite the bullet and by a different gun purely for outdoors, if so can anyone recommend a decent M4 for around the 300 quid mark which will run perfectly out of the box for a few months before potential upgrades , and will be able to take stock parts for easy tinkering!! Bare in mind it will pretty much only run outdoors, and I would like RANGE..

• Supporters

A longer barrel won't bring you accuracy. What BBs do you use? Use 0.28g high quality BBs, that's where you get the accuracy, if the gun is OK otherwise.

If you don't measure somehow how your gun shoots you won't know if it shoots fine or not. If the only measurement is that you get shot more than you shoot others that's not the gun. That's your skills and the gun.

Between rounds find a suitable target, shoot it with your gun (using proper BBs), then borrow the guns of others and shoot the same target a few times. This way you can see if it's the gun indeed.

• Supporters

1)over hop

2)use heavier BB's

;)

maybe change to a new hop rubber, but i don't think there will be much wrong with yours if its not that old

I'm in a similar boat started playing Airsoft in August last year, got my gun in October and play a mix of cqb and outdoor as my local site has a variety of long and close range play.

I would say stick with the cm16 and take advice from others as to what parts to get, people have told me that by upgrading cm16s they can outperform £200-300 but again this is what I have been told so cant validate this as i have so far left mine stock as it suits my needs perfectly for the time being :)

• Supporters

You dont need a longer barrel its all about getting the set up right. Take some time to set your hop and find the sweet spot. Try different bucking and nub combos which is pretty cheap and you can do yourself. Use good quality bbs.

My primary has a 247mm inner barrel and can keep up with most guns because its set up right.

Good advice, thanks so far..

I have compared with other guns in my team and and I seem to have the worst range out of a Andy Mcnab branded M4 thingy, a Ak47, a Raider with a longer barrel (no surprise) and a TM M4 (again no surprise).

I tend to use .25s but will keep at it for a while (dont have funds right now anyway hehe) Its not a major issue as I like to be a sneaky green ninja so dont need super range..

I also realised I cant always hit what I can see which is frustrating coming from indoors to outdoor play. But would like to try to squeeze a bit more range from it if poss so any suggestions would be great.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.