lipo battery life

Gman1707

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys i'm looking at getting this battery:

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/batteries-bbs-gas-chronographs-c5/batteries-c62/we-airsoft-europe-7-4v-1200mah-30c-peq-lipo-p3196

and just wandering if you guys from experience know how long they may last for so I know how many to buy to last a day of skirmishing :)

Thanks George

Unless you're a trigger maniac, you'll probably find one will last the day. Always good to have a spare tho.

1200mah works out to about 1200 rounds, maybe a little more depending on the gun. Personally I wouldn't want any less than 2 of them for a days skirmishing, at worst I can use the better part of 3k rounds in a day.

I don't know whether your gun can fit bigger (if its the CM16 it almost certain will) but if it can you should consider doing so. The higher the capacity the better the current capability of the battery and you'll get better performance out of a bigger battery.

Guest PT247

aye generally 1 shot per mAH. 30' is good.

Def buy 2 though if this is the size you are going for. I run either 2 1350mAH or 1 2600mAH 11.1v batteries for a days gaming.

thanks for the advice i'll probably go for two then, i'm going for that size as i want to put a RIS on it in the future so it will be able to fit in in a PEQ box otherwise i would get a larger battery :)

thanks for the advice i'll probably go for two then, i'm going for that size as i want to put a RIS on it in the future so it will be able to fit in in a PEQ box otherwise i would get a larger battery :)

Just be aware that choice will impact on the trigger response. Smaller batteries are worse batteries and it has impact on the performance of the gearbox, how quickly it fires and how quickly the current ramps up to spin the motor resulting in slower trigger response and rate of fire.

Just be aware that choice will impact on the trigger response. Smaller batteries are worse batteries and it has impact on the performance of the gearbox, how quickly it fires and how quickly the current ramps up to spin the motor resulting in slower trigger response and rate of fire.

okay thanks for the advice, would a 7.4 lipo have worse trigger responce then say a 9.6 nimh or would the be roughly on par with each other?

okay thanks for the advice, would a 7.4 lipo have worse trigger responce then say a 9.6 nimh or would the be roughly on par with each other?

Lipo's have better trigger response, better than a 9.6V Nimh because they deliver a lot more current a lot more quickly which is what the motor needs. Despite the voltage for lipo's being listed as 7.4 that is actually its minimum when its out of power. They range up to 8.5V and they spend 50% of their time above 8V.

Lipo's have better trigger response, better than a 9.6V Nimh because they deliver a lot more current a lot more quickly which is what the motor needs. Despite the voltage for lipo's being listed as 7.4 that is actually its minimum when its out of power. They range up to 8.5V and they spend 50% of their time above 8V.

Not 100% correct but almost, it depends on the mAh and C rating of the battery being used, e.g. a 2000 mAh 9.6v will produce a better trigger response than say a 800 mAh 15C 7.4 LiPo.

Also the voltage range of a 7.4v LiPo goes from 8.4v (fully charged) down to 6v (empty/max lowest safe voltage).

• Supporters

That is a peq battery and is designed to fit in one - but a good price

deffo get a couple like many have said

carbine don't have much rail space as front wired in handguard

though you could have a low height box on top but you got the full M4 handle on there

possible options - check out componentshop or hobbyking for batteries to fit in your current gun

or consider other options like rear wired/fet and a stubby stock to fit in much bigger block batteries

(this is a bit more involved though but worth considering if wiring in a fet at some point)

That is a peq battery and is designed to fit in one - but a good price

deffo get a couple like many have said

carbine don't have much rail space as front wired in handguard

though you could have a low height box on top but you got the full M4 handle on there

possible options - check out componentshop or hobbyking for batteries to fit in your current gun

or consider other options like rear wired/fet and a stubby stock to fit in much bigger block batteries

(this is a bit more involved though but worth considering if wiring in a fet at some point)

sorry should included that i'm thinking of asking for a ris for my birthday/buying myself one which is why im looking at the peq sized batteries :)

• Supporters

Hmmmm - on a carbine, I would check the total costings first......

A rail/ris that may or may not fit on easily in place of your handguard

peq box will deffo hold smaller battery as well

so add up the ris + peq + peq battery - could work out not a cheap & easy/perfect solution

try and work out what "might" fit in there in that handguard as it stands

don't matter how you do it but YOU have to check if something might fit in there or not

I don't have a G&G carbine - ICS M4A1 but it could be a tad different to your gun

try to guess and make up something that might be a similar size to a smaller thin block battery

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=31975

I AM NOT SAYING THIS WILL FIT !!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO TRY TO CHECK - use any sort of box/carboard/even bits of wood/kids wooden blocks etc....

make up something a tiny bit bigger than battery dimensions of any battery you might be looking at

and see if she fits in your current handguard/battery compartment

You could buy say a twin stick nunchuck lipo but a single block battery

or perhaps short stick battery is nearly always cheaper as they are more common in RC stuff

The one shown is not too long and quite thin - might be a tad wide though but in any case YOU need to check yourself

if you do a little bit of research you may find a cheap decent block battery that just fits for a lot cheaper than you thought

There comes a point in everything - where do you start & where do you stop.....

You could do this, that & the other, rewire blah blah blah

or you upgrade to one with rails already blah blah blah.....

You may just be able to fit in a lipo block in there if you do your homework, very cheaply and not have to go nutz

then save the money and perhaps upgrade later at some point if you still need to

up to you but just giving you a few ideas/thoughts

please double/triple check any battery you buy will fit in there - add a couple of mm to each dimension coz they can vary a smidge

you might get this one in there but is a bit thicker:

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=51354

so please check as it is YOUR gun/battery not mine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.