GBBR Red Dot Sights and Scopes

TheGrover

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Today my Hawke RD30 died a death. i suspect that the shock generated by my G5s recoil has shaken the controller apart causing the dot to switch power modes or even turn off and on with each shot.

To find a new sight, is there any good places to look, and any brands of sight that will have the shock resistance required for a good GBBR?

Im not really interested in a magnified scope, as I dont feel my G5 is accurate enough to warrant one, and i much prefer the rapid target acquisition i can achieve with a red dot.

Are the WE ones currently flooding the market tough enough? or will i have to shell out on a good Real Steel sight... where exactly do you buy real firearm sights?

Thanks fellas

AFAIK Swiss Arms optics are good. I think it was PT who said so (who has a G5)...anyway Action Hobbies sell some.

There's also a real steelbrand that is usually sold on Amazon, someone else will probably mention it later, which is well priced.

(because it's not the best but above airsoft level so can survive recoil, and it's Chinese made IIRC)

WE probably won't be up to the job - 99% of optics are the same OEM'd product re-branded by different companies. In fact I saw someone had used one recently on a GBBR and yeah it broke. Just the brand name pushing the price up.

Real sights would be bought from places like LANTAC (lannertactical.com) UK Tactical, Tactical Kit / Gunpoint Gear...various hunting shops like Uttings.co.uk, Riflecraft (they do a very competetively priced Vortex red dot for ~ £140 which is good compared to an at least £400+ Aimpoint or EOTech considering we're only looking at using them on airsoft guns)

I have a WE 881 (Eotech 551 replica) I wouldn't recommend it, the reticule is blurry and reflects making two reticules appear (although this is apparently common in all cheap eotech replicas. also the elevation dial has stopped working so i cant properly zero it :( however this could just be with mine/the eotechs as they do a variety of other sights that seem popular such as aimpoint comp M4, aimpoint T1 micro, trijicon acogs etc.. Im suprised the hawke died on you as their rated for air rifles and shotguns.

UTG are supposed to be good in terms of bang for your buck and are popular with are American brothers on their ARs

I have been looking at this one recently:

http://www.military-outdoor.co.uk/products/utg-leapers-4-2-inch-ita-red-green-2-qd-mounts-dot-sight

just look around and check to make sure their "firearm rated" if they are, they should hold up on your gbbr :)

• Supporters

I have a real-steel Eotech 552 on my TM MP7 GBB, and it's great. Although, at around £500 it's probably out of most people's price range, unless you've got a "friend" in the army that can make one disappear for you...

The utg looks good. The amazon reviews vouch for people putting them on 12 gauges, AR15s and AKs without issue in 200-300 rounds.

Gman, i found it cheaper at http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/leapers-utg-1x32-cqb-red-green-dot-sight--2-qd-base-mounts---scp-ds3840w-816-p.asp might be worth a look

The utg looks good. The amazon reviews vouch for people putting them on 12 gauges, AR15s and AKs without issue in 200-300 rounds.

Gman, i found it cheaper at http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/leapers-utg-1x32-cqb-red-green-dot-sight--2-qd-base-mounts---scp-ds3840w-816-p.asp might be worth a look

oh nice, i'm tempted to get one next payday ;)

I spotted that it wasnt exactly the same just before i ordered one, it doesnt seem to have a cantilever mount.

When mine turns up ill let you know how it is

Well, it rocked up today, so like a 12 year old with a new toy, i had to have a play straight away.

It feels very high quality, at least compared to my G&P 30mm tube rds and my deceased Hawke RD30. The chunky lens covers can be removed by hand but wont be falling off accidentally, the three turrets feel chunky, the windage and elevation turrets have a nice click to them and have two allen locks which may be useful on a gbb. The power turret doesnt have set power settings, but is an analogue control with red and green on the same turret. The battery can also be removed by hand but is also well-held.

The dot is the finest feature though, bright enough to not get lost outside (particularly on green) but can be turned right down for night use. The dot itself is very precise (small) and crisp, many times better than either of my previous sights

You can tell that this is intended for real firearms, i cant wait to skirmish with it :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.