Which mp5k should I get?

two_zero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

any suggestions? which ones are better and why? preferably a somewhat robust one. not sure if lipo-ready just mean it can take the higher voltage, but I'll be using 7,2 lipo :)

Here's the kicker thou, I want one with a plastic (or fiber) body. Mainly for travel reasons. (I have a metal body one btw, it rocks)

OT, but while we're at it, anyone knows where one can get a handguard without vertical grip for not too expensive? :)

cant find any G&G kurtz thou, shame, would been great!!

Think JG n Galaxy (JG rebrand?) makes them aswell. JG are usually good thou?

and cyma

CYMA are one of the most cost effective available IMO. I was thinking along the lines of manufacturers who make MP5Ks which are plastic though, I think CYMA's MP5s are all metal.

CYMA are one of the most cost effective available IMO. I was thinking along the lines of manufacturers who make MP5Ks which are plastic though, I think CYMA's MP5s are all metal.

ah yes, I had a cyma mp5

TM mp5k's are plastic bodied (i have one)

you like it?

• Supporters

to be brutally honest ... no, but let me explane why ...

1)the fps is low (around 200fps mark iirc), and even with m120 springs and a great air seal i have failed to see above 250fps ... this i could forgive :unsure:

2)lack of stock ... i need a stock ... this gun doesn't have one :angry:

3)the 6mm bush/bearing gearbox, this severely limits upgrade potential :angry:

on the plus side, its well made, and the hop is great :lol::DB)

3)the 6mm bush/bearing gearbox, this severely limits upgrade potential :angry:

Not sure how that severely limits upgrade potential as I ran an MP5K with a DSG

but apart from that your right about the FPS, you need a hefty spring to get the fps up. Mine was at 220 fps at stock.

Maybe consider getting the TM MP5K High Cycle.

• Supporters

Galaxy is the cheapest one but good value for the money. Only they make that, it's not the same as JG. JG has metal body too. The current cymas are awesome, but heavy as a brick - of course, they are metal. TM is very good but expensive and full plastic. IMO they don't worth that price.

The old Cyma 027 are plastic, pretty good, light and well worth the price, but those are mp5, not mp5k.

I don't know if G&G, ICS or other brands make mp5k or not, I never had those.

So if you need light weight, and it's for CQB or secondary, get a galaxy one IMO. Clean, reshim, regrease it, and put a new hopup rubber in. Put a deans connector on it and use 7.4 Lipo. Don't change anything else. The motor is weak, but fine with the factory spring, the bushings are plastic but they are fine, metal bushings are not needed here.

For a primary gun I would not use anything without a stock.

• Supporters

just don't get the mp5M version with m4 stock - no really don't

it has extra plastic on it and is a bastid coz you have to unscrew the plastic ris/cowling to change battery

was gonna suggest Galaxy as I am such a cheapskate

But also if travelling gets lost/damaged - then no big finacial loss over a more expensive TM one

NOT THISMP5_M.jpgBASTID BATTERY

so you got choice of the usual compact one:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/g-5k-galaxy?from=listing&campaign-id=19

or the folding stock version for a about a fiver more:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/g-5-galaxy?from=listing&campaign-id=19

you could get folding one and if you decide sod the stock get a blanking plate for about £10 on fleabay

eg: http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/MP5SwivelEndCaps.aspx

but seen them a bit cheaper on fleabay etc...

or suppose get the sliding stock or whatever you may prefer

but Galaxy mp5 - brill cheap little mofo - if only aep's could perform this good

MP5K is another gun TM make a high-cycle version of so another one i must suggest this for. I'll get a sponsorship deal one day.

Is plastic and spits bb's like a hose, all you need is two of em, a trench coat and some cool shades :)

• Supporters

Not sure how that severely limits upgrade potential as I ran an MP5K with a DSG

but apart from that your right about the FPS, you need a hefty spring to get the fps up. Mine was at 220 fps at stock.

i wanted to run ball bearing, but you are restricted to bushings, as the 6mm bearing that i ran failed spectacularly after 1 game :angry::angry: (all 6mm bearing from what i read after are pants) the spur ended up eating its way into the actual box, and damaged both sector and bevel gears :angry: but you live and learn B)

i originally bought my mp5k wayy back in 1998 ... when i found it again in 2013 it still kicked out 200'ish fps :wacko:

• Supporters

The Classic Army MP5k PDW proline is plastic and has the folding stock.

• Supporters

I struggle to find them in stock

The ASG B&T branded ones are the same rebranded.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.