Good Helmets?

Christopher

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I was looking at this one: http://www.helmetworld.co.uk/airsoft-ops-core-black-swat-tactical-maritime-abs-helmet-jump-rail-ml-36736-p.asp

I got confused by the name 'swat'. I want a modern military helmet not a swat team helmet.

I believe that is indeed the FMA one.

I bought mine from Apextac on ebay for about £20 less than that but it has to be shipped from Hing Kong so there'll be a bit of a wait.

fast helmets are gash unless you get a real one. cracked one at a local sight. everyone wears them too thinking they look spec ops...

FMA's helmets are far from gash safety wise.

I got a replica Emerson bump helmet in black and its served me well so far the amount of times I've whacked my head

And in my experience, peoples comments will always differ on products so one person has a bad product/experience doesn't mean they're all like that

I'm not being rude or ignorant with this comment BTW

I wear a helmet not to look good or to think/be something I'm not, I wear it cause I'm tired of headaches, scratches and being shot in the head

I started out with a plastic swat helmet which my boys love wearing because combined with the face mask, makes them look a bit like Darth Vader :) lol

that has got to be one of the most unconvincing tests i have ever watched...

yeah should at least have an example of a lesser helmet being smashed to give an indication of how powerful that contraption was. Can be certain a metal bar dropped from 2 feet wont break it though i guess. they're all strong enough for airsoft anyways.

yeah should at least have an example of a lesser helmet being smashed to give an indication of how powerful that contraption was. Can be certain a metal bar dropped from 2 feet wont break it though i guess. they're all strong enough for airsoft anyways.

Did you not watch it till the end? The first couple are FMA helmets, the last one that smashed was an Emerson.

Did you not watch it till the end? The first couple are FMA helmets, the last one that smashed was an Emerson.

Clearly not lol, Retracted.

Usually show that kind of thing first to demonstrate the power of the device.

No opportunity yet to suggest not opting for a helmet that's too shiny so I'm outta here :)

• Supporters

To OP my helmet is this one: http://airsoftzone.co.uk/fast-helmet-replica-viper?filter_name=helmet

I have it in black to match my CQB uniform but also have a helmet cover in Multicam (i think i got it from HelmetWorld), currently its fitted with my Z Tactical Comtac 2s using the slide rails, has a small pouch on the read of the helmet and various bits and bobs including my contour cam mount.

fast helmets are gash unless you get a real one. cracked one at a local sight. everyone wears them too thinking they look spec ops...

As to this, yes mine is a replica, but i use it so that i can mount my Contour +2 Action Cam to it and my comms, also becuas eit provides bump protection and BBs to the head, no i dont expect it to be taking real bullets and shrapnel and finally yes for looks. I would say for airsoft they are quite adequate for what they do and yes it has protected my noggin from low hanging branches at my local site and BBs.

Someone mentioned old paratrooper helmets, they're awesome, got mine for less than £30 at local surplus store..really comfortable and looks good too IMO. It's a bit older so it doesn't look so "tactical" but they're lightweight helmets for the protection they give.

In all fairness i ditched airsoft and joined the otc, shooting a real sa-80 in a section attack is just awesome and the kit we use is much heavier and less call of battlefield kinda kit you see people cutting around local sites in...

Im happy with webbing, weapon, mk6 lid and a day sack.. and a real gat with gucci rail and gangster grip!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.