kid kit

fin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm selling my nerf guns and going to buy some decent airsofting clothes with the money.

so does anyone have any recommendations for what to buy and were from.

currently i am looking at patrol base for gear but thought i should get some recommendations first.

• Supporters

I'd have a look around ebay first (just to get an idea of prices) then head to my local army surplus. I got a set of desert dpm's, that was trousers, ubacs (you'll find it hard getting one of these in dpm cheap), and smock for under £30 at my local and another £20 for a G1 pair of desert boots. DPM stuff and olive green can be found very cheap

As a 12yo I would recommend steering clear of anything expensive, you are likely to grow out of them very quickly so cheap and cheerful is probably the best bet. Having stuff being a little baggy now will give you room to grow into it without looking out of place as kit tends to be worn a little baggy. Don't go nuts though you don't want everything dragging through the mud.

Alternatively, you may be getting close to the age to join a cadet force, they issue kit and will swap it when you need bigger sizes. You might find they aren't happy with people using the kit outside of their activities so might be worth looking into that first.

Down side is you have to turn up to their evenings, learn to march etc, up side is you will get to learn about real guns and learn a whole bunch of new skills. I learned to glide in my air cadet days.

britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk does some good bundle deals.

When your 13 you can join army or air cadets. You can join now as a sea cadet but yh... :P

They wont issue you with boots generally though and air cadets rarely issue greens as your generally in working blues/wedge-woods anyway.

If you get trousers that are too long for you then buy some trouser twists. You can tie the excess up then neatly.

Alternatively, you may be getting close to the age to join a cadet force, they issue kit and will swap it when you need bigger sizes. You might find they aren't happy with people using the kit outside of their activities so might be worth looking into that first.

Down side is you have to turn up to their evenings, learn to march etc, up side is you will get to learn about real guns and learn a whole bunch of new skills. I learned to glide in my air cadet days.

I would recommend doing this- just don't ask about using the kit outside of cadets as you will look like a right numpty in front of the others. Do what I do and use it anyway.

Army cadets would be your best bet as I have heard things about Air cadets being charged for their combat clothing, with a higher cost for the newer MTP camouflage uniform. It's issued for free (if you invest your own time and the small subscription charge per week, it's 50p at my unit however it varies) and you get 2 sets of it along with a smock and some other uniform bits.

(It also looks really good on your CV when you start to look for work as it shows that you're able to work as a team with others etc)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.