gbbr help please

mcduff1979

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok here's the skinny,

I am looking for a solid well built metal if possible, reliable gbbr to fit my British loadout. I'm tempted as always with the WE L85a2 but I'm looking for other options, either if I don't get the L85 or as a 2nd gun. I don't like m4s but will look at them provided they are reliable. Budget is about £450 per gun and looking for 2 of which one will possibly be the L85. So in essence I'm looking for 2 guns.

If possible please include shop.

Advice from you esteemed pro's would be greatly appreciated

• Supporters

Damn... You aren't limited by THAT price range... L85s seem to be popular, but nowhere near as much so as M4s. Avoid G&G, they make great AEGs, but not as good GBBs.

I came into some money and the wife gave permission to spend some.. I offer that price per gun, as I want to spend well the get 2 guns I don't have to keep fixing all the time and can just maintain and play.

I know l85 has issues but unless someone offers 2 choices better both in reliability and upgrade potential then l85 will be one of 2 choices.

They're isnt a huge choice when you filter the weapon selection by gas and specific RS weapon types. Gas is gaining in popularity in airsoft but its higher price, low temperature problems and maintenance needy ways keeps the maker choice reduced.

Apart from WE, have a look at the GHK range at Socom Tactical.

They seem to have limited choice on gbb guns.

I'm one of those people that likes alot of options to choose from and will research anything I want to buy.

I do like the WE L85 but I am also looking at the tippman m4 but I want to run green gas on it and don't know if that's possible.

I'm also looking for a M417 that's a gbbr and also a M416 that's gbbr.

As I said, there isnt really a lot of choice with GBBR outside of WE.

Thats why many of us go for AEGs (that and the low maintenance).

Dont think you can with Tippmann because I think its a high pressure system but others will know better.

Cant help with the L85 although I think ICS make one.

Regarding the others, G&G Top Tech or G&P. Also look at VFC.

Have a google - lots of retailers do these in the UK.

Even if you want to buy in the UK, have a look at the EHobby Asia website as a catalogue reference.

• Supporters

Ics l85a2 £299

Tm hk 417 £590

Tm hk416 devgru £530

Tm M4 sopmod £449

All prices from firesupport might get better if you shop around. I know the 2 TM hk's are higher than £450 but if you get the L85 as one choice it should balance out. Haven't actually fired the new TM 417 yet but its supposed to be a awesome.

I think VFC are supposed to make good 416/417s too? But as far as I know they're around the same price as Tokyo Marui anyway, so might as well go for the TM.

ICS make the best AEG L85 from what I've heard, there's G&G and Ares ones but they aren't as good and 99% of people probably have the ICS. Thing to remember is it'd be another £100 or so for a Daniel Defense rail which is a basically a necessity, maybe cheaper...look second hand / eBay and all that

The Tippmann is CO2 or HPA (as in like a paintball gun basically, Polarstars are the same thing if you've heard of those) so you run it either off an air tank with a hose or use 80 round mags with one 12g CO2 cartridge in each, which should last those 80 rounds then you drop another in.

AFAIK, the Devgru version of the TM 416 is just the same as the original standard one except with a foregrip and suppressor? And a different stock? Can't remember exactly. Anyway it's like £50-£80 extra so you could potentially save a bit there just thought it might be worth mentioning

• Supporters

AFAIK, the Devgru version of the TM 416 is just the same as the original standard one except with a foregrip and suppressor? And a different stock? Can't remember exactly. Anyway it's like £50-£80 extra so you could potentially save a bit there just thought it might be worth mentioning

Correct on every point, the front end ris is slightly different aswell. The standard 416 is £45 less at £485 I just automatically go for the devgru but it looks so much better with the different stock.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.