Encountering awesome/honourable player

jeffery7466

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Jambo, I've noticed several times you like to be a bit, shall we say dickish? Now whilst I know this is a forum, and therefore everyone's a keyboard warrior, its starting to really get on my tits...apologies for going Off Topic guys, keep up with these lil snippets 😁

When have I been a dick?

Is it because I brought up a dickish thing you've done?

Count to ten and breath 😀

All airsofters can be a bit dickish at times it goes with the territory, except me that is I like to be c*ntish to spice it up.

Better watch no one gets right up you.

No mate, its the pointing out of the obvious (such as the joke about Australia on this thread earlier)...but yeah anyway, I really couldn't give a hoot what a keyboard warrior such as yourself has to say anymore, imtriggerhappy's advice has actually worked lol

No mate, its the pointing out of the obvious (such as the joke about Australia on this thread earlier)...but yeah anyway, I really couldn't give a hoot what a keyboard warrior such as yourself has to say anymore, imtriggerhappy's advice has actually worked lol

He did not make the original joke and his comment on the joke was perfectly valid. Can we get back to the thread please!

Another good experience I had was when I was completely humbled by some of the Reaper crew. They had my entire team pinned down at our starting point. I managed to get around a flank onto a few of their guys and put one into each of them. They got up smiling, congratulated me, patted on the back and went back to respawn. I was so humbled I was not paying attention and promptly got shot a couple of minutes later in the ass :angry:

Bornleverpuller, mainly as I work flexi shifts, therefore I can get a message at any minute tellin me to go to work. My local site is 5 minutes down the road from my house, which allows me to get home quick and get ready for work if try message me....yeah it some times sucks, but at least I get to go airsofting.

So a shit joke about airsoft being pretty much illegal in Australia makes me a keyboard warrior?

I thought keyboard warriors were the one that made threats and were aggressive online I've not made threats and Im not being aggressive And no mod as warned me either so complain to a mod about my posts.

You should just stop playing airsoft your too aggressive and if the site is so bad it won't be fun so what's the point in going?

The only honourable player I've seen so far was a guy who took a hit from me but turned out that I'd hit his mate but I was adamant it was him, he took the hit so we stood together chatting while we waited for a medic

I bought him a burger at lunch for being a decent guy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Everybody who I went 50/50 with at the mall on Saturday. Normally get somebody giving it I shot you first but not one person argued or tried to claim they wasn't hit and I must have had at least 20 50/50 exchanges during the day.

Yeah, what do you do when you know full well you did shoot someone first though? I mean shit, there's no point arguing because a marshal would have had to be standing right next to you to see exactly how it went down, so they are obviously going to go with 50/50 as the way to prevent a row.

I'd just once like to see a player own up to having failed their sneaky maneuver when they pop round a corner to shoot you, but you were aiming right at that space so all you had to do was press your trigger to hit them with your 1st BB, before they could even acquire you as a target, let alone fire! I spose it's because people get quite emotionally invested in the win when they have had to take, perhaps a whole series of, risks to get up close where 50/50's happen. Rather than row I've given a kiddie with a rubber tomahawk a 50/50, even though I was about 2m from the cover so he had to run towards me while i was aiming my pistol at the doorway, then him specifically, but only the once. That particular kiddie was constantly trying it on and seems to think that just talking over people as they try to explain that since he can't run at 350FPS he must have been hit first makes him right...

I expect that to some people, seeing me refuse a 50/50 must have made me seem like a bad sport... especially when I've said things like, "You can fuck right off, mate!", but what can you do?

• Supporters

Yeah, what do you do when you know full well you did shoot someone first though? I mean sh*t, there's no point arguing because a marshal would have had to be standing right next to you to see exactly how it went down, so they are obviously going to go with 50/50 as the way to prevent a row.

I'd just once like to see a player own up to having failed their sneaky maneuver

I expect that to some people, seeing me refuse a 50/50 must have made me seem like a bad sport... especially when I've said things like, "You can f*ck right off, mate!", but what can you do?

It all depends on it how it plays out if its fractions of a second then the chances are you both pulled the trigger before being hit.

I have owned up to it when being hit first and snapping a shot off after. On Sunday a marshall called a 50/50 and I owned up to my shot being a ricochet. I always go for it but try to be fair.

The mall is different to most sites for this sort of play lots of glass fronted shops mean you can run in shooting on target instead of trying to guess and aquire a target. Also most of the regulars get a feel for where players will be stood in the corridors so its more of a educated guess when bursting round a corner than spray and pray.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, what do you do when you know full well you did shoot someone first though? I mean sh*t, there's no point arguing because a marshal would have had to be standing right next to you to see exactly how it went down, so they are obviously going to go with 50/50 as the way to prevent a row.

I'd just once like to see a player own up to having failed their sneaky maneuver when they pop round a corner to shoot you, but you were aiming right at that space so all you had to do was press your trigger to hit them with your 1st BB, before they could even acquire you as a target, let alone fire! I spose it's because people get quite emotionally invested in the win when they have had to take, perhaps a whole series of, risks to get up close where 50/50's happen. Rather than row I've given a kiddie with a rubber tomahawk a 50/50, even though I was about 2m from the cover so he had to run towards me while i was aiming my pistol at the doorway, then him specifically, but only the once. That particular kiddie was constantly trying it on and seems to think that just talking over people as they try to explain that since he can't run at 350FPS he must have been hit first makes him right...

I expect that to some people, seeing me refuse a 50/50 must have made me seem like a bad sport... especially when I've said things like, "You can f*ck right off, mate!", but what can you do?

Happens to me every-time i play CQB. I've been hit first and told the opp not to bother taking it, and I've ignored return fire from someone clearly hit first. More often me telling them not to take the hit as no risk of death and infinite re-spawns makes diving round a corner frequently seem a good idea :)

Anything seemingly simultaneous is a 50/50 ofc, but as you say it often isn't. The cut-off point i try to use is that if someone has to continue to move/turn at all to return fire after being hit then you clearly hit them first and vice-versa. In my mind this is the difference between someone not being able to stop their reflex action of trying to shoot you quickly enough after being hit, and a true 50/50 moment. I am able to tell when my return shot was a too late reflex action, and so can most unless they're too clad in combat clothing to know wtf is going on.

I figure this is the conditions that make the difference in real life, someone not moving is more likely to squeeze off a shot themselves in the vaguely right direction when they get shot.

This means I'll consider myself on the loosing end of a 50/50 if bursting round a corner to an alert defender, but doing the same to someone who is distracted and/or not facing me directly puts the ball in my court.

Usually if it's me getting hit by an alert defender (most often) I'll try to at least say hit first, if it seems to be 50/50 i'll leave the opp to decide, usually getting a kill is satisfying enough for them to follow and take the hit too. If it seems a shot too late from me i'll tell/congratulate them.

Only issues I've had is with people who don't realize they were hit at all in a 50/50 ish moment, or when they've missed from 2 metres with a pistol (surely that cant be possible, right?! i must have hit them!)

Most funny one i had was when myself and an opp jumped round the same corner simultaneously, colliding with each other, both fired and both managed to hit each others gun with tracer BB (nice little splitting BB firework show). We agreed next time we should try to shoot each other's BB's out of the air, and both took a hit as we'd already interrupted play by pausing to gather wtf had just happened

Group of 5 guys defending the central hallway in epsom tunnels...

Group of 4 trying to breach from the left. Because of the angle, they couldn't get us but we could get them when they popped out.

The one guy, literally crawls round this corner with a pistol, and takes out the 4 guys that were stacked up discussing how to breach us. None of the enemy expected us to come round the corner, so when a pistol muzzle appeared around the corner, they were not expecting it.

The sound of shock and awe from them was enough to highlight the game..

• Supporters

Yeah Col., one time a guy came through a doorway pistol drawn into a space where i was hiding behind a wide pillar: I popped out bringing my Ak up to fire and he was already aiming at me from about 1.5m...

He fired before me and i was almost instinctively going to call the hit, but i didn't feel anything. I stopped to run it through in my mind again and was sure he had missed. I was wearing an H shaped harness and belt, not a vest, and he was aiming directly at my chest, so i was sure i would have felt it. He was pretty miffed that I shook my head and said no, I don't know how, but you missed. People were stacking up behind him and tensions were already a bit high due to accusations of non-hit-taking earlier (not including myself or this player), so I decided to just take it for the sake of the site's rep, harmony, fluffy clouds and bunnies, etc.

But it wasn't a game where i could just regen and get back in, it was a rolling defence game so losing a life meant losing ground - I had positioned myself there intending to sacrifice myself to slow them down (as it was a timed game - winner was the team who completed the assault fastest). As it turned out I had ballsed it right up because i couldn't hide behind the pillar with my AK shouldered so, while in my mind i'd assumed they'd have to nade me to get past, which would take them a while to organise, in fact the first genuine 50/50 would have done the trick...

Looking back I suspect his pistol wasn't loaded, but he didn't come to find me in the safe zone so i'll never know. I briefly considered going to find him, but decided that would look like I wanted a row so i left it. Hey ho... I was diddled out of my good luck by the expectation of sportsmanship...

My team mate had a similar encounter at the Bristol courts

he said a guy was shooting at him & said take your fucking hits to which my mate replied that none was hitting him ??

Turns out, the kiddy played a 40 minute game with no mag on his rifle pmsl

• 3 weeks later...

I got a guy in the back of the neck, elevation was adjusted for a different range, left a massive blood blister. He didn't freak out, just came shook my hand and said good shot, but next time shoot someone else ;). I have massive respect for him, most others would freak and not be a good sport or calm stall. Absolute legend

• 8 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.