Encountering awesome/honourable player

jeffery7466

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There have been many stories about people's experience with stupid/silly/inexperienced players. Although they are very amusing and enjoyable stories, there is a lack of the contrary, mainly because awesome players are much harder to come by, or more easily go unnoticed.

I would just like to hear your stories on times when your jaws dropped after witnessing someone else busting some awesome moves.

For myself, I was at this indoor sites, and locked in a 7v7 stalemate at a corridor. Attempts were made by both teams to push and rush and flank, but to no avail. Then 5 minutes in, a guy who was on the other side of the doorway 5minutes ago appeared behind us and knifed all our asses. he somehow managed to run all the way around the site, bypassing and kiling our team-mates on the way. Yes, its very nooby of us to not watch our own backs, but I must give that guy some credit...

Oh my god. TheGrover literally beat me to this post idea by less than half an hour...

Well, clever people think alike, what can I say.

Well my thread was more about interesting or skilled plays, and occasionally the few true gentlemen showing their stripes and making someones day.

Its always a better experience when you can shake hands afterwards or even exchange some friendly banter

Well my thread was more about interesting or skilled plays, and occasionally the few true gentlemen showing their stripes and making someones day.

Its always a better experience when you can shake hands afterwards or even exchange some friendly banter

Everytime I play a game, I aim to learn something from other players :)

Always got to be those who stay cheerful, encourage the dithering groups, congratulate hits. Seen a couple people dive action hero style into a room and take out few, a nutter with 6 pistols clearing a room was pretty awesome. Also saw someone jump on a grenade but thats equally the other thread and was against the rules

There have been many stories about people's experience with stupid/silly/inexperienced players. Although they are very amusing and enjoyable stories, there is a lack of the contrary, mainly because awesome players are much harder to come by, or more easily go unnoticed.

I would just like to hear your stories on times when your jaws dropped after witnessing someone else busting some awesome moves.

For myself, I was at this indoor sites, and locked in a 7v7 stalemate at a corridor. Attempts were made by both teams to push and rush and flank, but to no avail. Then 5 minutes in, a guy who was on the other side of the doorway 5minutes ago appeared behind us and knifed all our asses. he somehow managed to run all the way around the site, bypassing and kiling our team-mates on the way. Yes, its very nooby of us to not watch our own backs, but I must give that guy some credit...

I done that once :D

The other team threw a grenade and I ran into them and no one shot. It was one of those games where the team to get a player to the others respawn wins. I haven't done anything as good since sadly :(

It's always nice to play against someone that takes their hits and doesn't act like a bitch.

1st game I played, I snuck up on 2 'police' players who were together, double tap in the arse cheek, other guy turns round & gets 2 in the chest, same game I sneek up on a support gunner (on his own & told by a Marshall 10ft away from him) I take 2 steps back & double tap to the thigh

I've caught so many players being 5 ft from me and they surrendered but the best has to be a little kid I could've shot in the head from 5" away but he was so confused when he saw me, he didn't know what to do and I thought he was going to cry

• Supporters

Watching Airsoft-Ed go through a building like shit through a goose is always a treat! There are few people on the scene who can equal his spatial awareness and tactical understanding - that he does it with modesty and scrupulous honesty also just makes him too good to live. Burn the witch, I say!

Then there's Andrew "Coldy" Coldicott, the deadliest airsoft sniper in the UK. Not an immodest man as such, but certainly more aware of his own uber than some, nevertheless being hit by him can sometimes feel like a privilege, a master class in concealment and tactical deployment. Not that it isn't also bloody frustrating at times when you can't get anywhere on an entire flank because 1) you can't see him and 2) even if you could, he would be out of range and easily shoot you before you could get suppressive fire on him.

On saturday at Anzio, i walked to a ground floor window and saw a muzzle poke up from the lower left corner, pointing far to my right. I decided rather than shooting them or dropping a grenade 6 inches in front of their face, just to point my own muzzle round the window and ask him to surrender.

He responded by shooting me in the hand :(

He still called himself out though, so we had a laugh and learned never to do that again unless you are BEHIND the enemy :P

Watching Airsoft-Ed go through a building like sh*t through a goose is always a treat! There are few people on the scene who can equal his spatial awareness and tactical understanding - that he does it with modesty and scrupulous honesty also just makes him too good to live. Burn the witch, I say!

Then there's Andrew "Coldy" Coldicott, the deadliest airsoft sniper in the UK. Not an immodest man as such, but certainly more aware of his own uber than some, nevertheless being hit by him can sometimes feel like a privilege, a master class in concealment and tactical deployment. Not that it isn't also bloody frustrating at times when you can't get anywhere on an entire flank because 1) you can't see him and 2) even if you could, he would be out of range and easily shoot you before you could get suppressive fire on him.

Do you guys record your games? Would love to learn a thing or two from you guys!

• Supporters

Do you guys record your games? Would love to learn a thing or two from you guys!

Ed has his own youtube channel called "Bullet For My Enemy" and Coldy has a few vids online, yeah. Search him...

Going to my first game on Sunday so haven't had the chance to experience any awesome plays yet but by the end of the day I should be pretty awesome at calling my hits,,fully expect to get shot to shit ha ha. Just to add, Bullet for my Enemy on you tube has some of the best vids I've seen. Watched most of them more than a few times.

As long as you do call your hits you'll be a damn site better than some of the newbies at one of my sites where it seems like some of them think they are the terminator.

Or invincible mate, SOME newbies think its bloody COD or something but then they probably do it so they can brag to there mates "I didn't get hit but i hit all the experienced guys"

Just reminded me (its not honourable but its still a bonehead thing)

Last game I played in woodland (with beast mode) this rental guy was taking pot shots so I fired & hit him in the head, I got hit almost immediately so stick my hand up to which the rental does the same but sticks the V sign up at me, I ask what's that about but he gives me a load a crap so I walk down & asks him the same question

He replys with "that was a great shot" so I say 'why the fingers ?? I'm not stupid, your telling me to fuck off' he had no answer but I still shook his hand for taking his hit and me being the better man

Sufficed to say he was shiting himself when I challenged him

• Supporters

As long as you do call your hits you'll be a damn site better than some of the newbies at one of my sites where it seems like some of them think they are the terminator.

I actually think some of the more experienced players are worse than the new ones. New players can get a bit carried away with adrenaline the first couple of times but thats normal and forgivable. Some of the more experienced players seem to think they can ignore hits when it suits them or wear so much gear they cant even feel it. I play CQB at the mall mainly and the most annoying thing is when you go for a 50/50 you call your hit but the other player starts with the whole I hit you first routine, because that whole half a second makes so much difference. Never had it with a new player only with the older elitist gucci players.

I was defending the Tower at TWA by myself one lunch time game (informal, few of us playing for fun) and I was sat down on the floor of it, moved foward to a kneel and instrinctively shot a guy in the chest from about 35m before I managed to line my sights up. Later in the same game I managed to get someone at a bit further of a distance with my 2.5 TM python, was pure luck that the gun curved the bb up at the critical moment and instead of going straight into the ground infront of him, it caught him in the belly. I was feeling pretty invincbile, giving everyone aggro trying to take the power but then the awesome/honourable bit occurred.

One guy gave another taller gent a boost by letting him stand on his shoulders, and he aimed over the side and shot me just once in the back. Not only could he have easilly just lit me up or blind fired, he also had frags on him and could of easilly took me out with one of those, but let forgoe that experience :D

Was the site in Australia? Where everything in nature tries to kill you?

:D

Its was down the road from me. I'm not sure it was quite 9000 miles away though :)

My local site has a rep for players not taking hits, being wankers and basically not being sporting types....but theres one lad that raises the bar and continues to be an honourable and amazing player! His names Chris and he's a marksman type, rocks a fully modded tm vsr, has spent alot of time and money perfecting his kit and weaponry.

Last time I played, he was on my team, and during the third game (where my team was defending against the other two) he had perfect vantage to take out three players, but they were ever so slightly within his MED....so rather than hit them all anyway (as I'm sure a few others would), he drew his sidearm, snuck up on them...and simply put a single round into each of them. The three lads were so shocked that someone had managed to not only break out of the circling enemies they didn't raise their hands or cry hit. Just stood there dumbfounded. Chris snuck back into out base and grabbed his rifle again...the three guys obviously thought they could get away with it and continued their attack...so he repeated his earlier tactic and got them again.

This went on probably three times before he reported them to a Marshall. Later on in the day, the three lads (noobies to our site) managed to creep up on him and full auto him from about 5 metres...to say he was a tad pissed off was an understatement, but he took himself out of the game and walked back to regen. When he returned however, his rifle had been replaced with the m249 he usually has sat in the safe zone, and he proceeded to riddle the lil sods 😁

He should have just emptied a mag into them at point blank range.

Jambo, I've noticed several times you like to be a bit, shall we say dickish? Now whilst I know this is a forum, and therefore everyone's a keyboard warrior, its starting to really get on my tits...apologies for going Off Topic guys, keep up with these lil snippets 😁

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.