Help wanted in finding a Cyma M14 EBR (CM032)

SCAR_Jester

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title suggests I'm interested in the Cyma M14 EBR, always loved the body and have always wanted one. I've decided upon the Cyma one purely because its low price gives me more room to upgrade (to start with just essentials, nothing to fiddly)

The reason I want it is also to make it a DMR when I'm finished with it.

So, where would the best place to buy one be? - I have looked at tiawangun.com and it appears to be the cheapest on their site, and without shipping fees.

Any and all help finding one would be great, and any help on parts to upgrade i.e. hop bucking, barrels etc. would also be great.

Cheers

- Corky

• Supporters

Just ask them to put your UKARA # on the packaging or customs will get pissy.

That good to hear, just wanted some reassurance for TG.

Thanks all

• Supporters

That good to hear, just wanted some reassurance for TG.

Thanks all

I recently bought that very gun from tg. Is nice, I like.

I recently bought that very gun from tg. Is nice, I like.

people say its DMR material OTB, is this true?

• Supporters

people say its DMR material OTB, is this true?

Yes and no. With a spring upgrade then definitely. Mine was chrono'd at 350 with zero hop (dropped about 10fps with the hop on). It's a clone of the TM design so parts are readily available.

Yes and no. With a spring upgrade then definitely. Mine was chrono'd at 350 with zero hop (dropped about 10fps with the hop on). It's a clone of the TM design so parts are readily available.

So would a madbull black python v2, with an r-hop + good bucking/nub combo plus a spring change get me where I want to be fairly easily? (not exactly new to internals but not confident)

• Supporters

So would a madbull black python v2, with an r-hop + good bucking/nub combo plus a spring change get me where I want to be fairly easily? (not exactly new to internals but not confident)

Errrmmm...maybe. I don't honestly know. Depends where you want to get to. I assume you've had a look at this: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/892-holy-grail-building-your-dmr-aeg.html

Errrmmm...maybe. I don't honestly know. Depends where you want to get to. I assume you've had a look at this: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/892-holy-grail-building-your-dmr-aeg.html

Of course, read it about 4-5 times now... in 2 days.

After thinking I might just opt for spring upgrade to something cheap but good i.e. madbull m130, with a barrel upgrade, maybe a little longer too.

Mainly because I don't have a lot of money and some parts are hard to get in the UK cheap

• Supporters

Of course, read it about 4-5 times now... in 2 days.

After thinking I might just opt for spring upgrade to something cheap but good i.e. madbull m130, with a barrel upgrade, maybe a little longer too.

Mainly because I don't have a lot of money and some parts are hard to get in the UK cheap

If you try to go longer on the barrel you'll need a suppressor to hide it.

If you try to go longer on the barrel you'll need a suppressor to hide it.

Yeah tha'ts were the problem lies, G&P's mk14 QD one would fit but is pricey and I don't know anything about the barrel thread yet so will have to just wait and see on that one. though I think a ~450mm would be fine and will stay hidden. (looking at the ZCI barrels)

• Supporters

Yeah tha'ts were the problem lies, G&P's mk14 QD one would fit but is pricey and I don't know anything about the barrel thread yet so will have to just wait and see on that one. though I think a ~450mm would be fine and will stay hidden. (looking at the ZCI barrels)

Same problem I'm having! Not only is the G&P one expensive it's also out of stock everywhere and I believe they've actually stopped making them. I know from a couple of real steel shooting websites that a Madbull Gemtech Halo type will work but again, pricey and hard to find!

Same problem I'm having! Not only is the G&P one expensive it's also out of stock everywhere and I believe they've actually stopped making them. I know from a couple of real steel shooting websites that a Madbull Gemtech Halo type will work but again, pricey and hard to find!

Perhaps I might be forced to go for the shorter barrel it would appear, unless I can find some suppressor that fits the barrel's thread.

It will be hard to find one, the cyma m14 EBR is fairly quiet in the airsoft community.

• Supporters

Perhaps I might be forced to go for the shorter barrel it would appear, unless I can find some suppressor that fits the barrel's thread.

It will be hard to find one, the cyma m14 EBR is fairly quiet in the airsoft community.

Why do you think you need to extend the barrel anyway? It's plenty long enough as it is.

Why do you think you need to extend the barrel anyway? It's plenty long enough as it is.

I'm a tech noob, read up on people saying its better, probably for like 2% difference.

• Supporters

I'm a tech noob, read up on people saying its better, probably for like 2% difference.

Not worth the cost/hassle.

I'd suggest you get the gun, try it and upgrade what actually NEEDS upgrading rather than just what some bloke who says he's an expert on the internet says :) (voice of experience by the way, I've spent so much on things that other people have said would make a huge difference but when it came to it made sod all difference at all)

It's actually a pretty accurate gun straight out of the box.

Not worth the cost/hassle.

I'd suggest you get the gun, try it and upgrade what actually NEEDS upgrading rather than just what some bloke who says he's an expert on the internet says :) (voice of experience by the way, I've spent so much on things that other people have said would make a huge difference but when it came to it made sod all difference at all)

It's actually a pretty accurate gun straight out of the box.

Good to hear, probably just going to do a general clean up, spring upgrade for heavier bb's and "maybe" correct the AoE.

Thanks for the help by the way, it's good to actually get someone to talk to instead of trolling 50 forums for ages finding out what sort of grease/oil I should use.

• Supporters

Good to hear, probably just going to do a general clean up, spring upgrade for heavier bb's and "maybe" correct the AoE.

Thanks for the help by the way, it's good to actually get someone to talk to instead of trolling 50 forums for ages finding out what sort of grease/oil I should use.

Definitely correct the AoE. It's an easy job and cheap on parts. The sorbo pad will protect your bearbox and getting it right will extend the life of your piston/gears. More worthwhile than a couple of extra inches on your barrel length that's for sure. Be aware that it will drop your FPS by up to 10fps ish so take that into account when choosing your spring.

Definitely correct the AoE. It's an easy job and cheap on parts. The sorbo pad will protect your bearbox and getting it right will extend the life of your piston/gears. More worthwhile than a couple of extra inches on your barrel length that's for sure. Be aware that it will drop your FPS by up to 10fps ish so take that into account when choosing your spring.

Looking at the PDI 170% spring, good reviews, said to be about 400-420 fps so an AoE correction should make it not run hot.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.