Best pistol manufacture to go for!

Danjw

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm lookin at spending about £120-£150 when I want to get a pistol but I'm unsure of what pistol to get as I'm after accuracy and decent FPS. I've heard TM are good and ASG but wouldn't mind other people's opinions on a good pistol manufacture.

Thanks.

I'm lookin at spending about £120-£150 when I want to get a pistol but I'm unsure of what pistol to get as I'm after accuracy and decent FPS. I've heard TM are good and ASG but wouldn't mind other people's opinions on a good pistol manufacture.

Thanks.

For your price range, Tokyo Marui are definitely the best you can get

WE is also good, although a bit cheaper. I use their G17, and it hasn't let me down yet.

TM's are generally considered the best, especially out of the box, for accuracy and cycle time, due to plastic construction. They will also function in cold weather when all metal guns struggle.

All metal guns feel nicer but if you want a reliable accurate pistol that does what its supposed to then TM is the way forward imo.

TM's are generally considered the best, especially out of the box, for accuracy and cycle time, due to plastic construction. They will also function in cold weather when all metal guns struggle.

All metal guns feel nicer but if you want a reliable accurate pistol that does what its supposed to then TM is the way forward imo.

Thank you

TM in general are the superior brand.

The newest WE series (generation 4) are strong contenders while the earlier models can be of a quite low standard.

The ASG Mk23 is, in my opinion, better than the TM version, specifically for the rapport qualite prix (the relation between price and quality), I am not saying the TM one is not good, it's just that for £30 you can get a similar gun with almost the same firing effectiveness (I've found that the ASG can hop heavier ammo straight out of the box, compared to the TM).

I have had a bit of a mess around with the KWA NS7 series (please can someone correct me if I'm wrong) and the pistol quality is beautiful, with similar weight to the real steel, however, I've found them to be purely a warm weather gun, with cooldown issues being quite apparent. when they fire though, they do fire well.

my own preference would be the TM hi-capa series, closely followed by the above ASG MK23.

• Supporters

a few have those mk23's

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/23771-asg-mk23-socom/

&

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/mk23-heavy-weight-gas-pistol-stti?from=listing&campaign-id=19

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/mk23-magazine?from=related&campaign-id=6

above mags "seem" to be same part number - GGH-0302M for ASG

(which could/should mean cheap TM MK23 mag too)

only thing is son of a bitch hop adjustment according to spoon's review

I'd be very tempted too but got my even cheaper cheapo 105's for now

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/m92f-m9-vertical-heavy-weight-gas-pistol-stti

(they go wrong - they go in the bin at that price but so far bar one moody co2 mag busting the GG mags are doing ok)

My first pistol was a We P228. I had all the usual problems with it, the magazines were high maintaince and liked to leak, the paint was constantly stipping, the metal was pretty bad quality and ultimately my hop unit snapped. My hop also didn't work and the accuracy was pretty terrible. We pistols are cheap, they kick hard but not known for their accuracy or their quality.

TM on the other hand are well known their accuracy and build quality. They keep working and rarely ever fail. But the slide is plastic and the end result is the guns don't look all that realistic and they don't have much kick to them.

When I was looking for a replacement for my We I looked seriously at TM, but I just did not want to loose that realism factor. In the end I selected a gun that has reviewed remarkably well, a KWA ATP. Its basically a glock 17with a slightly different slide and the reasons for that are complicated legal issues in the USA. Neitherless KWA make high quality guns, and this particular one has got a reputation for being insanely accurately. Having played with it today and gotten 7 awesome shots in a row and having tested it on paper at 10m I can tell you this gun is amazingly accurate and long range, the hop works wonderfully. KWA don't do many models of gun, but they are the most gas efficient ones out there, getting two or more full loads to a magazine verses the 1-1.5 of the others, thus saving quite a bit on gas costs. They still kick pretty well with a metal slide, they are really well built and in my opinion its really the best option out there right now. You wont really regret a TM pistol purchase, it'll just work and work as it ought to from the outset, but a KWA is likely to do the same and add the grin factor which I feel is lacking with the TMs.

• Supporters

Not tried TM. I've had my KSC G17 for 10 years now and still not had one issue with it, absolutely beautiful gun but can be expensive. Had WE, pretty good for the price.

I've owned a few KWA/KSC Glocks and they've all been reliable. Excellent guns

TM if you accept an all plastic version of a metal gun.

Failing that KWA or third, WE.

Umarex are worth looking at as some of their guns are made by KWA anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Newer* KWA guns for metal. Excellent guns. Pretty much shoots in all weathers. Takes propane which is cheaper and more reliable.
*Old ones are decent enough, but the NS2 gas system is just superior.

Newer* TM guns if you prefer plastic. Meant for dustergas thou, so propane is a no-no.

WE Glock gen3 / gen4 if you dont want to spend as much. Stay well away from the older models thou.

Wouldn't consider any other brands from the information I have to date.

ASG

ASG is a rebrander from all the knowledge I have? The MK23 (that does not have blowback btw) is suppose to be decent and very quiet, but as they are a rebrander the guns may vary a lot.

A lot of people consider KWA and KSC are the same company more or less, but they aren't. The guns are designed by different companies even though KSC makes them for both brands. The recent KWA ones are different to the KSC guns. The situation between the two companies has evolved. I suspect KSC aren't available in the USA, so while it might look on the surface like the distinction is just KSC in Europe and KWA in the USA that isn't actually the case anymore. KWA do their own design but still use KSC to manufacturer. KWA can no longer sell glock replicas in the USA due to licensing complaints from Glock there and so now you will find things like the ATP in place of the Glock 17 model they used to have whereas KSC do sell the Glock 17. But KWA's recent lineup of pistols is all NS2 and better materials than the KSC guns, which are often pre NS2. Neither company has made it 100% clear what the split is, but its certainly more than the basic licensing differences since KWA has models KSC doesn't have which perform much better than the older range.

I haven't used a KSC pistol, only the KWA ATP and I only looked into reviews of the KWA pistols. So just be aware they aren't really the same anymore after what happened last year with Glock.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.