G&g t4-18

Morpet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I'm pretty new to airsoft been to a couple of skirmish's and I am now looking for my first gun.

The guys at my local shop have recommended g&g very highly. And after reading and watching reviews I've decided I really like the look of the t4-18. Has anyone got one or had any experience with this rifle. Or has anyone got any other suggestions? My budget is £200-£300. As I strongly believe in buy good and buy once. I would prefer full metal and blow back. And needs to have good upgrades/attachments available

Thanks in advance

Yes have one and like it.

Some people have had problems with the MOSFETs but this may be due to using higher voltage batteries, which the Gen3 should be capable of.

I use 7.4V LIPO and havent had any problems. Of course, it could also have been a bad batch..

Thanks for the reply. What mags do u use? Looking for the same 450rd ones it comes with but struggling to find them. Unless you know of any other good ones that don't cost the earth lol.

Do you have the long or short version? It's just I heard the long barrel can just be unscrewed turned into the short version. Do u know if this is true?

Thanks for the warning about the mosfet. I'll be sure to get a 7.4 lipo

I haven't been very impressed with my G&G T4-18, the short list is:

- The charging handle fell apart. Then the replacement charging handle fell apart. I ended up making a pin for it out of a nail with a dremel and some locktight.

- The accuracy was downright awful out of the box, far worse than my CM16.

- Gun air seal seems to be sub par, as does the barrel finish and hop behaviour. All of this seems to play on accuracy.

- The G&G magazine that comes in the box is a little inconsistent on feeding when firing full auto.

- It does not work with G&G midcaps, they don't feed properly. Those G&G midcaps don't feed in any of my or my friends guns. G&G mags = garbage in my experience, hi cap and mid caps and you get a hi cap in the box.

- Its really front heavy just based on the way its designed, I didn't feed it very comfortable to hold with the weight distribution as it is.

- Paint spray and finish was a bit rubbish, plenty of bits were missed on the rails.

- Had to grind down the spine in the mag well so it could fit M4 type magazines. Its not compatible without doing this work (buy it from proairsoft they do that for you).

- FPS has steadily dropped since getting it, started at 325, its now 295 and I really need to look into what is dragging it down next weekend, its a bit of a problem.

So all in all I haven't had much luck with the gun. I have never really had it firing well and accurate the whole time I have owned it, I started replacing parts last year and I have more to do but the base gun in my experience isn't skirmish able.

That's strange did you maybe just get a bad one or older version? It's just cause all the reviews I've read and watched rate it very highly. I know the £300 odd price tag is quite high but from what I've heard the top tech stuff is very good and accurate with impressive range.

That's strange did you maybe just get a bad one or older version? It's just cause all the reviews I've read and watched rate it very highly. I know the £300 odd price tag is quite high but from what I've heard the top tech stuff is very good and accurate with impressive range.

Here is a tip, most reviews are done in the first hours of ownership. I didn't notice issues until my first skirmish. More than that the grand majority of gun reviews are utter garbage, they don't tell you about serious design concerns because of the way the reviews are funded, ergo most reviews you will see on youtube are basically corruptly funded via seller advertising or by very inexperienced people. I have had the gun nearly a year, I have faced off against other people and watched my gun be severely outclassed, I have bought other guns, messed with internals and done all the things you ought to do before you say a thing about the gun. So yes I could have got a bad one, but then that just says you might get a bad one too, because all that says is that their QA process isn't very robust.

A few of us have been discussing the issues with the gen 3 guns and we are coming to the conclusion they seem to have taken a step backwards in quality compared to their predecessor gen 2. The mosfets are garbage and while all the boxes are ticked the quality of the individual parts isn't quite G&G standard. I think what we are finding is just one too many corners were cut on the gen 3 guns and its just resulting in more variance in quality. I am certainly not the only person with early failures and issues with these gen 3 guns, mine has been probably the worst.

I am not saying don't buy the gun, I can give you a list of things you need to do to make an S&T tar 21 shoot well too. What I am saying is it didn't meet my expectations at the price point and it certainly didn't meet expectations of performance. I have a CM16 with my two tone gun and it out shoots the T4-18 unfortunately. You aren't ever going to see a no faults review from me unless I have no faults, and so far everything I bought has had something I didn't like. This is one of the bigger purchases I do regret, doing it over I would have bought a G&P M4, I have a friend and his outshoots my M4 in every way 100% stock and has zero issues in a year. A lot of people are a lot less fussy than me is the take away and I think that explains the positive reviews. If I was going to do a gun review it would look a lot more like what Bullet4MyEnemy did (years of experience on it, what issues, what broke, what was replaced etc etc) than most of the reviews where gun is delivered, person goes over features, shoots it 10metres for 10 rounds and tells you its awesome, you wont ever catch me doing that.

Interesting comments BC, I've just bought one and so far I've only used it for one skirmish, it performed excellently and I am pleased with what I bought. It is my first AEG, only ever having owned and used GBBs, but at a recent skirmish I had a catastrophic failure on my beloved WE HK416 and a friend lent me a G&G SCAR and I was impressed with it, so I decided it was time to buy an AEG, if only as back up, but I think I may well use it a lot more often.

I like the weight and design of the gun, being very familiar with it from my GBB 416. I have no need to use the cocking handle, I bought the recommended battery and appropriate charger from the same place I bought the gun, fire-support.co.uk, and was impressed with their service and speed of delivery.

I also bought some PTS EMags, mid caps at the same time, they need a little bit of filing to fit, (due to the differences between the mag wells in a 416 and an M4) they work excellently and are very good.

I'll keep a close eye on the FPS, the hop and the accuracy, but so far it is spot on. My only gripe is the EBB function is a bit feeble, but then it's an AEG, so it's not gonna be very good! Lol

I'm hoping for consistency and reliability, fingers crossed it continues to produce!

• Supporters

A lot of people are a lot less fussy than me

Or maybe, just maybe a lot of people haven't had the same level of issues you have had.

I'm not blowing smoke up your arse here, I know nothing in this world is perfect but there's plenty of people out there using t4-18s with no problems at all.

I hear that they have discontinued the Gen3 due to MOSFET issues and are working on a new version with the ASCU MOSFET.

Personally if you arent worried about operating at 11Volts, I would go for the proven Gen2 version. Airsoft Zone in Romford have stock.

• 3 years later...
  • Head Moderator

Please check the dates on threads before posting. This topic is quite old.

This is a general message which helps us speed up forum moderation.

Thank you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.