WHICH TM PISTOL *FOR LEFTY*

yorkairsoft16

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't understand the issue? A pistol is still a two handed gun when shooting, it makes no difference which dominant hand pulls the trigger, its not like a real gun where recoil control is affected. Can't you just transition to the right when reloading, considering the left (non dominant for normal people) does all the important fine manipulation and racking anyway?

• Supporters

I don't understand the issue? A pistol is still a two handed gun when shooting, it makes no difference which dominant hand pulls the trigger, its not like a real gun where recoil control is affected. Can't you just transition to the right when reloading, considering the left (non dominant for normal people) does all the important fine manipulation and racking anyway?

It's more comfortable not to have to and given there are ambi guns on the market i'd rather go for one as a left handed shooter. You can also do things like move the gun away from your palm and push the mag release with your index finger but it's not ideal. You also have to consider some people, myself included will load their mag pouches up on the supporting side of the body so switching hands(or grips) is clunky and not really all that comfortable or fast.

yorkairsoft16 hopefully you like the HK45, the only issue i've ever had with mine is dirt stopping the mags feeding but that would happen with any gun. It's my favourite gun out of all the ones I own and as I think I said in another thread I love my other guns :)

• Supporters

It's the whole package really with reloading being the most important. I can't speak for other left handers but I use rifles right handed and pistols left, not sure why but it's what works for me and it makes switching from a rifle to a pistol even easier with or without a sling. The decocker/safety are a moot point though unless you like to run a pistol holstered with the safety on but then you run into the issue of having to train the muscle memory to turn it off when you draw.

Only downside with the HK45 is retention holsters for them are hard to come by, especially in left handed configuration. They take the H&K P30 holster but even then I had to order one in from the states. Not sure if this has changed, I guess the alternative is a generic fabric holster or getting hold of/making a Krydex one.

• Supporters

Try the new ProFit Safariland holsters. They could work.

Eh, just some tritium sights and freedom art fibre optic front sights along with unnecessary CNC aluminium slides and outer barrels. Some replacement steel parts like slide catches etc. Nothing major (can be seen here http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=&limit=80&q=HK45)

Tbh nothing there is necessary for the HK45. TM guns are made worse by adding things like metal slides, the whole point of TM's plastic slide is to increase gas efficiency. That's the entire reason why the TM M1911 performs far better than it's WE counterpart, as it is more gas efficient with the same amount of gas as the WE mags.

If you'd read any of the replies in this thread, a lot of them advise against any internal upgrades or metal slide kits. TM guns perform perfectly well, the company has a reputation for extremely good GBB pistols.

As for aftermarket support- the gun came out a year ago and what you see at retailers today are probably the only parts which will ever be available for it. The HK45 is quite a niche pistol compared to Glocks, P226/8s etc, hence why not a lot of customisation parts are around.

It's like comparing something like an AUG to an M4, there's loads of aftermarket parts for M4s as they are immensely popular both in the airsoft world and in shooting circles. Almost every manufacturer makes a line of M4 type AEGs/GBBRs. There's loads of bits and pieces for M4s and such because they are so popular, there's even a place in the US which makes custom CNC hand guards for M4s.

In comparison, AUGs have almost no aftermarket support (and any customisation parts are based off very old designs and almost never in stock) and this is because they aren't as popular, and only a few manufacturers make them.

Yeah I see you. Just I live in a pretty hot place, Im from the US, and I kind of need a metal slide since Im using Green Gas in hot conditions.

This is basically why I would get the glock over the 45 is mainly because things are going to break, and with the glock you can replace the plastic part, with a steel part. With the hk 45, you can only get the same part.

• Supporters

Considering you haven't listened to a thing anyone has said in the thred so far I don't think people are willing to engage you anymore.

So in summary:

Option 1) get a tm and leave it stock, run it on GG, it may or may not break, who knows? I have yet to see anything other than conjecture on the issue, the fact that the internets is not flooded with pictures of cracked slides speaks volumes in my book.

Option 2) buy a tm, mod all the things and forever have a temperamental gun that may or may not still break. Airsoft alloys are far from invincible.

Option 3) buy a WE glock and be done, the biggest difference between a we and a tm is your tallent.

Option 4) try golf?

LOVE option 4

• Supporters

I've heard they are better then TM 1911s.

Spares and mags won't be easy to find, pretty sure they're out of production. TM are the standard spec so easy to sort, they shoot well and are reliable, get a TM otherwise you'll just end up regretting it.

People say that TM HI capa > WA HI CAPA but, people say WA 1911>TM1911.

People say that the WA are just more durable.

Parts arent that hard to find, most people that have them arent retailers, they are private sellers.

Retailers have alot of OEM parts though.

• Supporters

People say that TM HI capa > WA HI CAPA but, people say WA 1911>TM1911.

People say that the WA are just more durable.

Parts arent that hard to find, most people that have them arent retailers, they are private sellers.

Retailers have alot of OEM parts though.

Okay buy one then, you asked our opinion and we've given it, if you want really want a WA get one.

• Supporters

Anyone Know anything about the WESTERN ARMS kimber desrt warrior?

They're old, spare parts are hard to find, plus they're not very efficient compared to Marui pistols even though they're made from plastic.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.