Buying Blank Firing Pistols From Abroad

Alcon H

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I wish to purchase a blank firing pistol from a french company, since it's half the price new of a second hand one over here.

What's the legality behind this? Is it legal to purchase and then post over an RIF from France?

Hi dude im new to this but I would say no because because although it's not a live weapon system it's still chambers 8-9mm blank rounds. I'm in the forces currently and if we have blank rounds or pyrotechnics on us its a big no no.

I would say you would need a full firearms lic to own one but don't quote me on this. Don't no if this has helped at all.

Hi dude im new to this but I would say no because because although it's not a live weapon system it's still chambers 8-9mm blank rounds. I'm in the forces currently and if we have blank rounds or pyrotechnics on us its a big no no.

I would say you would need a full firearms lic to own one but don't quote me on this. Don't no if this has helped at all.

No, you don't need a firearms license to own a blank firing gun, you can buy them legally within the UK, however they need to be two-toned due to the VCR act.

I don't know if customs are going to like me importing one though, since it'll be black. As long as it cannot be modified to take live rounds then they're legal. It's just the aspect of importing that I'm unsure of.

Roger ok mate

And ye they may get alittle pissed with you lol. Can the company two tone it for you then send it across no harm in asking then your getting what you want and customs will be happier.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.