Am I seeing things?!

Alcon H

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was recently looking to buy an ASG Glock 17 and the best price I could find was around £99.

Then, I stumbled across this french website which is selling it for 28 which is roughly £20. Surely this can't be true!

UK: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/asg-glock-17.htm#.VSeUnPnF91Y

France: http://tecmagex.com/en/asg-g17-glock-17-airsoft.html

Am I seeing things, or is this pistol really a fifth of the price!?

If this is correct, why is this?

• Supporters

they are different. the french one is plastic, the pb one is polymer and metal. the french one is co2, the pb is green gas. dont think the french one is blowback, pb is.

Energy: 0.17 joules...

There's certainly *something* up...

Oh damn, I missed that. Hmm... Very weird.

they are different. the french one is plastic, the pb one is polymer and metal. the french one is co2, the pb is green gas. dont think the french one is blowback, pb is.

How do you know? I don't see the material mentioned on the page.

Just realised the grip is also completely different texture and shape. There's no lower rail, the thumb rest (?) is missing and it seems completely different when comparing the two.

the french one is plastic, the pb one is polymer and metal

Polymer = plastic. There is no difference in the grade of material if you refer to it in it's scientific name.

Yes, read the description for the french listing and you'll see the difference.

Sorry for being a complete idiot, but all it says is Semi-automatic, Co2, replica pistol which applies to the UK version too, surely?

The only difference is Co2 vs Gas.

• Supporters

Polymer = plastic. There is no difference in the grade of material if you refer to it in it's scientific name.

hahaha, I was in the middle of writing a comment stating that polymer is a good plastic and correct myself, but you beat me to it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.