What battery is the best fit and best price

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I will be ordering a G&G combat machine cm16 raider from zero one and I found out that the gun doesn't come with the gun or a charger so I was going to buy a battery which they suggest for £19 which was specifically for crane stocks and a charger for £16 so I have 2 questions

1) is there anywhere I could get the battery and charger cheaper but maintain the quality?

2)does it have to be that certain Type of battery for crane stocks or will any fit?

Crane stocks require the 2-3 legged batteries, its just the shape of the area for the battery.If the CM16 is rear wired (mine is front wired) then stock/crane stock batteries are your only option. Hobbyking do sell chargers and batteries and you may find some cheaper there, just be aware the only ones of use to you will be the crane stock ones and all those are under the airsoft section for batteries.

I would recommend a lipo not nimh, the nimh may very well be cheaper (as is the charger) but the lipo is much higher capacity for the same space and weight and easier to charge (no memory).

Have a look at www.componentshop.co.uk

They do airsoft battery's with a choice of your connector on them

FPS & RPM on a NiMH will stay the same as with a lipo but trigger response will be quicker with a lipo, I've got a few lipo's to try in my G36 next game day

• Supporters

Bright candle thanks for the reply I ended up going for the nimh at the moment because lipo was out of stock so I will upgrade later but will the fps go up or the rpm? Thanks

Try www.componentshop.co.uk, they should have plenty of stock.

FPS isn't changed by the battery but the trigger response may well improve going from a nimh to a LiPo.

- DAMMIT, Ninja'd

In theory,if you were on Semi fire only,would NiMH/LiPo still have a different trigger response?

LiPo batteries have a superior trigger response no matter what fire mode you have selected. It's really noticeable when firing on semi as well, I use 7.4V LiPos in my M27 and their trigger response is amazing compared to my 8.4V NiMH.

And it's as simple as cutting the Nimh connector off and soldering a Lipo connector onto the existing wires?

No. A lipo and nimh are two different types of battery. You can have whatever connector you want on any battery.

No. A lipo and nimh are two different types of battery. You can have whatever connector you want on any battery.

Sorry i see how that read. Can you cut the plug on your AEG and join a new connector to it,to use the different style battery?

You can yes, easily done. Most people would recommend Deans connectors but there are others.

• Supporters

Sorry i see how that read. Can you cut the plug on your AEG and join a new connector to it,to use the different style battery?

You can buy a battery with whatever connector you need. Most airsoft guns come with a mini tamiya connector only a few come with deans connectors. When you buy a battery you can specify what connector comes on it it. Most batteries whether nimh or lipo usually come with mini tamiya connectors fitted as standard but any good shop will change the connector for a small fee. You are best just getting a battery with the same connector as your gun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.